It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and not sure if this has ever been asked or discussed before but I live outside of NYC in Stamford, CT. I currently have been seeing a sub doctor for a little over a year now but I am looking to change due to insurance reasons, among others.

Would anyone be able to recommend some really good sub/addiction doctors in this area? Basically anywhere in the NYC metro area or Fairfield County in CT. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

-AR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:32 pm 

Hi AR,

Sorry no one was able to help with your search. We all share the same tools for finding a physician. Have you used all of them?

What I did was print a list of Suboxone doctors in my area and cross referenced them with my PPO providers. Luckily I hit paydirt in the two different cities I've lived so far. My fear now is moving back to Ca. and not being able to get my slot back with my old doctor. We are thinking of moving back in about 5 years so hopefully that's enough time for the government to lift the 100 patient cap that doctors must abide by. That, or I drive 300 miles once a month to continue seeing my GP here. If I have to pay cash then so be it. My recovery is worth more than money. And I'm a lifer too. Take me off Suboxone and my brain goes right back to addict mode. Maybe one day that will change.

Good luck on your search,

rule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi AR:

I can personally recommend my own Suboxone doctor. He is the only Suboxone doc I have ever had; I've been seeing him for about four years now. He's a great listener and very supportive. Anyway, here's the information you'll need:

John DelVecchio, MD
500 West Putnam Ave.
Greenwich, CT 06830
Phone: (917) 957-7735

He's listed on both the SAMHSA and Suboxone.com websites. I am not sure of his insurance policy; I pay out-of-pocket, and feel that his rates are reasonable and fair, especially since he spends quality time with you.

Please feel free to PM me, and I can tell you more of my personal experiences with him.

Best regards,

"Knowledge is power"