It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sleeping!! I'm thrilled at how much sleep I've been getting since jumping to Sub. The poppy tea ruined my sleep for years. If I took a little too much it would keep me up. If I took a little too little I'd wake at 3:30 am or even earlier already edging into withdrawal. I've been surviving on 5 or less hours of sleep for years. I got so I was afraid to drive because I'd get so drowsy.

Now I'm getting 7 or even 8 hours. I can hardly believe it. I suppose because with the bupe one has a much more stable blood level.

Just thought I'd post a positive "side effect" after putting up a bunch of whining posts about various annoying, but in the scheme of things, minor problems. All in all I'm feeling much healthier...

Thanks to all,
G

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey, that's something! Good deal!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:11 am 

It definitely helps sleep!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jennjenn wrote:
It definitely helps sleep!

Yes, Jennifer! Fighting to stay awake while driving is a nightmare. And unfair to other drivers. I'd always rationalize that I'd never actually fallen asleep at the wheel.., that it was a short drive, whatever. But it wasn't right.

I just heard last night on the news that...no surprise here...people who get less than 5 hours sleep...which I often did....were almost as dangerous as drivers who are drunk. I also did plenty of that as a young guy in my teens and 20's. Terrible memories which only get more terrible as I get older.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:29 pm 

My favorite is the fear of opiates is gone.
Followed by a loss for the need tl drink alcohol, thats a big one for many.
3rd is my energy level has always be good sincd treatment began 6 years ago.
There are others but those are my top 3. And ya sleeping rocks!!!! :D

Fun topic.
And Godfrey, it is so great to see and be remined just how Buprenorphine can change a person s life. We are All happy for you sir.

Razor r...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for that, and thanks for getting into the spirit, razor. I used to try to imagine what it would be like
to lose my cravings. They're the whole ball game really, for anyone trying to get free..

Every once in a while I get the feeing I should be getting busy with something....then I realize it's
the making of my tea....a pain the neck chore that occupied me twice a day for more than a decade.

But I have no urge whatsoever to get high. It's really quite miraculous. Incidentally I've dropped to 16 mg without any difficulty. I'll stay at this level for a while as I've read Dr. J's opinion that 16 mg is the safest when it comes to cravings.

Interestingly, at least to me...is that I have no desire to drink either.
I've not had a drink in many years, but I never lost the urge. I used to love bourbon and would sometimes
indulge myself by imagining how good it would taste. I never acted on it, not even close. But now even that urge is gone. I don't think that would be related to the bupe though, at least in any direct way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea, I was so happy when I noticed the awesome sleep I was getting every night. I got spoiled those first few months. Now I am sleeping in the living room, long story, and I have to let my dogs out a couple of times a night. They will hear the dogs next door or some noise outside, and here they come. And it's my "job" to let them out, wait for them to frolic around and then let them back in. I sure miss my good 8 to 10 hours of sound sleep that I had got used to getting every night. Some nights they will let me sleep a night all the way through till my mom and dad get up. That is around 5 am. I never get the sleep that I was getting in the beginning any more though. But hey that's life. I love my dogs and I love my family, shoot, I love my life on Suboxone!
---------Bamagirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Bamagurl...

We've got three dogs, which is admittedly insane. For years we both lost sleep "taking turns" letting them out., but really I did in 90 percent of the time as I'm the lighter sleeper.

The solution was putting in a pet door. You don't need anything fancy. Can put in something serviceable by yourselves.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is a god idea godfrey. We actually plan on doing that when we are finished with the house. We are doing so many other things right now. I didn't get much sleep last night. We have a beaver visiting our pond right now. Has been out there the past 2 nights swimming all over the place. Our bull dog cupcake doesn't know what to think about our visitor. She will sit on the bank and watch the busy beaver until I threaten to get the fly swatter and come out there. She returns then. But wines at the door to go back out there, after eating her reward snack though. Oh how I love my fur babies. Happy Holidays everyone--Bamagirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It can actually make me sleep too much!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:30 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

i'm not sleeping very long at all. although sleeping with hubby and a 100lb dog in a queen size bed is kind of painful. but i enjoy my mornings from about 4:45 to 7 a.m. by myself. i get lots done or sometimes just watch tv. sleeping in is like 6 a.m.