It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

1. I once read on opiophile that dependence, and hence addiction (to me one is just advanced phase of the other) is
Avoided if you have enough self control to use on every fourth day. Though I never was successful with this, I wholeheartedly
Believe it true. Opiates interrupt normal neurotransmitters, plain and simple. A good friend of mine who has been a career pharmacist
Says hangover and detox are both 'doing business'. You hurt yourself by chronic exposure and start a tab, which unless you die, has to
Be reconciled. Fact!

2. Dont give yourself up to a drug the labs, coats, and government deems acceptable, in lieu of our national epidemic of opiate abuse. Just
Don't 'abuse' something that will abuse you back, including sub.

3. Sub has a use. And it is short term. Period. It is easier to stop than typical full agonist. I did it ct. Anyone can.
4. My mistake was chronic use, plain and simple, don't go there, but if you are there get out before it takes everything from you.

Carry on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

In a perfect world absolutely agree!!

Snake

Post subject: Perfect world?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is no such in my experience. It is the lie opiates suck us into that makes the imperfections
Tolerable. But oh what a price we pay for those sunglasses.!

Anything in life worth having is worked for and earned, shy of an inheritance I suppose, and that was worked
For and protected for you. Sobriety is the key to freedom, and bupe is just cuffs with furry edges, still a problem.
Any substance that knocks down testosterone makes you less a man.

Moderation is the key to everything. Even after my losses, it wasn't using that cost me, it was chronic using that was the problem.

Am I saying I may use again? Not intention, I just know that life is not full, although for some moments it may seem that way on drugs, unless
Your brain is neutral the way it was granted to you.

Nobody, doctor, patient, or person who stumbles into illicit drugs aspires addiction, and it is nothing to be ashamed of, yet something you must resolve......

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Again. We are addicts. Moderation isn't a possible thing in our lives when it comes to drugs. If you think it is, you are the one with the rose colored glasses my friend.

The sooner you let go of this moderation stuff. The sooner you'll feel better about it.

If you want to lead a normal life as an addict. This includes emotionally, physically, and spiritually. You can't use drugs or alcohol anymore.

I know this isn't the case with many many addicts but they are also the ones starting new threads about how shitty they feel in one or more of these three areas.

This is so so so true here and idk why people get really defensive when I say it. It's almost like they don't think they are addicts or just addicts to certain drugs.

Good luck!

P. So. Don't post back about how suboxone is a drug and we ALL take it everyday........ You know what I am saying with this post but you are just splitting hairs with the suboxone thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Also. Opiates ruined my testosterone levels and I blamed opiates for my shitty feelings all the time. Until I looked into other causes. Now I feel better than I ever have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

MovieMaker can i ask you do feel it was chronic use or not a responsible user. MovieMaker from my experience
it is just not one thing. it is a chain of events that we look to set into motion. rather we realize it or not.

I would tell my self that after banging the skins or drumming 5 nights a week playing shows every weekend with the boose. Which we always had band prayer shots before going up on stage.. I drank enough while playing and smoked
to open up the creative side.. but when it came game time all my band mates, we all clicked. it was after the gigs

My point is I said ok just beer no shots, but during break time me and the door man where outside puffin on a bleezy..Or a bowl..(weed). but On the flip side I think that on a creative note there is more to it, there is a method to the madness there;

When i was drinking a lot of the time of the time I had a hard time facing people the next day..

there are people who can go out and drink in moderation just as there are people who can get 90 oxy's and take a few and take the other 78 pills to the FDA Spring cleaning clear out your medicine cabinet and throw them away day.

To me It just depends on what end of the spectrum a person is on. To some people, nodding off or falling over drunk passed out is moderation because they manged to go to the bathroom without spilling anyone drink over or not get into a fight or only sleeping 24 hours instead of 48 thinking thats all good. to some that is moderation. What is your moderation. Or better yet what Is moderation to you..

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

One last thought I forgot..freedom? a persons health and cash is freedom...I hate to say it but money is freedom. just on a different level of the moderation spectrum..chain of events again..I am talking logical pay your bills freedom not 40 billion worth all though I wouldn't complain.. although an inheritance was saved someone worked for it nothing is free.

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not movie maker...doneChasing I apologize.

Snake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ooops, I originally made a new topic instead of posting a reply. I am still new to this forum. LOL

DoneChasing....

I wholeheartly disagree with you. How can you come on a website filled with addicts and preach about using in moderation. Hello, we are addicts!! There is no such thing as using every fourth day. And if there was it only lasts for a little while until we are right back in the rat race using everyday. You see, that is how it starts. Don't try to put it in people's heads it is ok to use periodically. That is not positive reinforcement to anyone's recovery. It sounds like your disease is winning out of the 2 voices in your head. Justifying that it is ok to do , just a little or only on the weekend.....or every fourth day. See what I'm saying. This is life or death we are talking about. If you want life then you cannot take mind altering substances ever again ...... Period

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It never ceases to amaze me how those who support maintenance drugs, thus continuing their addiction,
Get hacked about reality.

It's easy to call addiction a disease, I listen to Sizemore call it that yesterday.

I don't view it that way, though I confess affliction.

It is brain chemistry: and that plain and simple. It is human nature to
Want to feel better, self esteem, and no anxiety. It is what Christians pray for.
The evil begins when we stop paying our shortterm bills and push the process to
Far.

I believe if addiction is a disease, then the end of the world, or it's popupation of humans will
Be wiped out without another natural disaster.

Just look at statistics.

Addiction is not cured, perhaps arguably arrested and secured by the invention
Of partial agonist/antagonist. It takes strong will and a 'reckoning' to put your vice
Down, I don't care gambling, drinking, sex, cigarettes, or OCD. Sub, meetings, and
Psych doctors lose addicts everyday. It is when you conquer the trade of any these vices
When you succeed, the rest is profit by vultures.

Sorry I stepped on your feelings, I give my recovery to me. I own it, not some other drug or
Doctor. And being an engineer by education, it ain't nothing but control. You either have it and lose it,
And hopefully regain it, or the lack of it will be your undoing.

I let the wheels fall off, it didn't happen overnight and won't return that way.
When the koolaid loses flavor you gotta let it go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Blah. Blah blah. Blah blah.

It's funny to me how much you claim that we are the ones that are brainwashed or crazy....

You sound just like a using addict. Someone that never gave anything a real chance. This never really changed.

Or else you wouldnt push and push ideas about how you can still use successfully.

So. I would look more at your reasoning and what not before talking about others drinking the Kool aid.

But. Go drink and do some drugs in moderation. Let me know how that works out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow,

I am once again astounded at your superior mind DoneChasing. What a completely astounding idea. You mean I can use drugs as long as it's not suboxone and I only use responsibly. Shit, sign me up. Why hasn't someone told me this sooner?

Post subject: C'mon people!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Your abhorrent attacks just further support my stance.

Join reality, you might just find that if you put your sub away.

These are the reasons I don't post daily. It is like a comic striP.

You wanna permanently morph your brain to disadvantage, that's your
Own thing.

If my posts upset you then Don't read them. A simple concept even a subber
Should understand.

Post subject: A last note for you.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When did I ever say I was using anything? Been sober for 24 days now.

Thanks for the comedy though, I needed a mood lift today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not worth arguing here guys...

I guess it is unrealistic to accept that we can't use drugs successfully or in moderation.

Addiction being a disease is insane as well i guess.

So. Maybe we should all just join the real world and only use drugs responsibly and just grow out of our addiction to drugs. Stop being such weak people.

Craziness.

I remember when I had 24 days too. I knew more than anyone and above all else.... Knew what is best for me! NOT.

There is no point in arguing with someone that thinks that drug use in moderation is okay for us addicts. Someone is clearly struggling with acceptance.

Done here. Load of crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I love the line...

It wasn't the using that caused me problems and losses, but chronic using was the culprit.

Seriously? And you believe that?

That's like saying that it wasn't getting shot that killed me, but getting shot a lot that killed me. It's apples and oranges.

If you're an addict, and you get high, no matter how many times you get high.... It's a relapse. So. Your disease has resurfaced. You just can't do it.

Like someone said above... If using drugs in moderation was possible for drug addicts.... We wouldn't be on this forum! We wouldn't be addicts. We would have no problems.

Do you think you're an addict? Do you have any problems due to drug use?

Read through your posts and see just how crazy it seems at points.

If you aren't an addict, great! But don't post here then if you have no business here.

Post subject: Re: A last note for you.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Donechasing wrote:

Thanks for the comedy though, I needed a mood lift today.

Anytime... :lol: