It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been taking Suboxone for months while taking some benzo's in between but mostly Suboxone.It's been weeks without taking any suboxone what so ever but I did take a Tramadol 50mg Sunday night but since then I haven't taken any Suboxone or Tramadol.I got to the point where I was taking 16mg of Suboxone a day until a few weeks ago when I was prescribed for Tramadol which I took about 75% of the prescription before quitting altogether.I wanted to know if it would be safe to take Klonopins for a few nights to help me through the rest of the withdrawal and if anyone knows how much longer I will be in serious withdrawal?From morning throughout the day the symptoms ease up a bit but have worsen over the past couple days especially at night(what hell that is)and I'm basically trying to get someones opinion on the matter who is familiar with this kind of stuff.Again I jumped cold turkey after getting up to 16mg a day I didn't taper or anything so please provide some opinions it would be deeply appreciated.Btw I have about 10 Klonopins 2mg each and heard they could help through the withdrawal but just to take at night no more than 3 days in a row but that was just an old random post I found on Google.Thanks to anyone who takes time out of there schedule to help me out here nights are so brutal I'm pretty scared for the first time in my life like REALLY scared and don't know if I can make it another night without taking some for of medication narcotic or not to help take the edge off the burning skin,Restless Legs/Arms,Scared about 80% of the time,only sleeping at 10 minute intervals then jumping back up fully awake and in withdrawal,cold sweats and a sense of helplessness and uselessness.Also I haven't taken any Klonopins in weeks and wasn't really taking them all that much anyway I was mostly taking Suboxone.Again thanks to any people who take the time out to help a guy out and offer you view or opinion.I'm 29 years old almost 30 and have kids at home and another on the way I had no idea what I was getting myself in by taking Suboxone so often I've always heard it's hard to get addicted to and all that but I disagree.Btw when I said I was taking Suboxone for months I specifically meant like 2 months maybe a little more or a little less and I wasn't even taking the Suboxone everyday sometimes every other day and stuff but because of the half life I guess it didn't matter that I skipped days without taking Suboxone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

' I had no idea what I was getting myself in by taking Suboxone'

Interesting... you don't mention what you took before Suboxone. If you are like the other 95% of people who stop Suboxone after a few months, you'll be back where you were, before Suboxone, within a year.

You aren't just coming off buprenorphine; you are coming off whatever you were taking before buprenorphine, as well as benzos. If you stop all opioids, your opioid tolerance will be back to zero at about 8 weeks, regardless of the opioid. Again, not sure what you were expecting, or why you started Suboxone.... but I see many more people taper off and stop Suboxone, than stop opioid agonists. So one thing you 'got yourself into' was a medication that has allowed you to stop the circus for weeks, according to your numbers. Or did you stop oxycodone, and THEN decide to take Suboxone?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I stopped taking opiates for awhile before I started taking the Suboxone I was completely sober besides a few benzo's here and there and a few drinks.I started taking the Suboxone to help with pain from my surgery that started back up months after being 100% clean from the prescriptions the Dr. gave me after my surgery in August.

Last edited by Damn22 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I came off of all the prescriptions the Dr. gave me after my surgery in August and was 100% clean and sober for months before I started taking Suboxone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quitting Suboxone at a 16mg dose is tough. Going right to Tramadol just delayed the wd. While on Tramadol, your opiate receptors weren't really healing. You may have decreased your tolerance some by going to Tramadol, but not much.

From what I've read, you're basically going through Suboxone wd, 16mg worth of Suboxone wd. Yes, Klonopin will help knock the edge off wd, but you're going to have to be extremely careful with them. It sounds like you're already fond of benzo's. I think you may be on a slippery slope with Klonopin.

Clonidine, a blood pressure medication, is well known for helping ease opiate wd. It's non-addictive. I think you'd be better off with Clonidine. I used it during my wd, it helped a lot. Go see your doctor and ask if he'll give you some Clonidine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I only took 1 Tramadol on Sunday night but before that I haven't taken any Tramadol or Suboxone in like a week or so.I was prescribed Xanax awhile ago but asked my psychiatrist to switch me to valium or Klonopin because they're longer acting and not as strong as Xanax.Also I only take benzo's here and there I don't take them no more than 2-3 days in a row ever like I took a Klonopin around 8pm the past 2 nights but it's past 8pm now and I'm not taking anymore for a couple days and that's only if the Suboxone withdrawal comes back that bad.If it comes back and is a little rough but doable I'll just stick it out and push through cause that would mean it's almost over right?I don't have a regular Dr. so Clonodine is kinda out of the picture I mean I guess if things got too bad I could go to the emergency room and explain my situation and say I'm worried about having a seizure which I've been admitted to that hospital before about 6 time from having seizure I don't have any disease or anything that they found wrong with me per say but every once in awhile I do have a seizure and they'd have to admit me and would probably prescribe me Clonodine after explaining to them about the Suboxone and stuff.It's been over 24 hours without taking any Klonopin and I don't really feel too bad at all I mean some symptoms are still there like getting cold very easily but the RLS in my arms and legs is almost non existant which makes me think this Suboxone withdrawal hell ride is almost over at least the worst of it,what do you think I'd appreciate your point of view greatly or anyone else that's been through this for that matter,thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jumping from a high dose like you did usually means wd will peak around day 8 - day 10. That's about the only consistency I've witnessed with Suboxone wd. After day 10 or so, it's about a crap shoot as to how you're going to improve. Some folks snap back amazingly fast, while dorks like me took a long time to feel good again.

Age, physical fitness, mental health, severity of addiction and other factors all play into how fast one gets better.

The fact that your RLS has eased up is a great sign. Your sleep patterns are probably going to be the next indicator of how much better you're getting. I think I remember you saying you're not sleeping much? If your sleep starts to improve, even if you only get an hour or two here and there, that would be pretty good progress.

BTW, the sleep improving thing I talked about.....that's improved sleep without benzo's. I hate to keep hitting ya, but I suspect you may have, or are at least headed towards, a problem with benzo's. You think opiate wd sucks, apparently benzo wd makes opiate wd look like a walk in the park. I'm not judging you, man. I'm just worried how you're downplaying your benzo use. An addict + benzo's usually = KABOOM. I'd rather not see ya go KABOOM. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hear you haha I'm done with the benzo's from here on out I took them 2 nights in a row and that's it I've been through Xanax withdrawal before because they're so short acting so got the Dr. to prescribe Klonopin which I did have a problem with for awhile but after 2 different times of withdrawaling from benzo's I stopped altogether and kept taking my Suboxone up until a day or 2 ago which is when I started taking 1 Klonopin a night for 2 nights and it's been 26 1/2 hours since I last took a Klonopin and I'm done with them from here on out.You're right though I have had problems with benzo's in the past which is why I only used them again just to get through 2 nights of the Suboxone withdrawal and haven't taken any Suboxone in 2 weeks.Don't worry about feeling like you're hitting me and stuff sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade ya know?I appreciate the input whether it's negative or positive as long as it's honest so thanks a lot it's very appreciated.