It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: been on suboxene 5 weeks
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:09 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone and anyone,
i've been on subs for 5 weeks and things have really turned around in my life. for such a short time i feel so much better then i did 5 weeks ago. I am so glad I made the decision to start treatment and put a stop to the maddness my drug of choice was causing me and my family. I was a closet user for about 2 years (laratab 10mg) and just took one here and there thinking to my self I had a bad day or my back was hurting a little more then usual or for what ever reason....then somebody told me about a dr. who wrote scrips out like candy.....so i went cuz i was tired of trying to find then on the street and well that was were it all really got bad. then i started taking them like candy and of course would run out of my scrip and now i had to buy more and more and search and search and go places i didn't like going,, waiting and waiting for phone calls if it was a yes or no. To could so -n- so get any blah blah bah....it pretty much consumed my life these past 2-3 years. and i also had surgury and that kicked up my habit as well. and finally i was only taking them so as not to get sick and it was miserable i was depressed and didn't have anything cuz all moneys went for pills......i let my appearance go. and the whole nine.
my husband came across an ad in paper of a suboxene dr. and well i went and here i am a month later feeling totally different i still have a ways to go...i did a lot of damage during those 4 years lies to family members and lost friends that i truely cared for that weren't into drugs so i had no time for them..not that i didn't like them just couldn't get pills from them and they didn't know i was hooked on them so never hung out with them or called them......so i'm on the road to recovery and it feels so good' thanks for letting me share.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome! I'm so glad you found us and I hope you stick around. Thanks for sharing your story. No matter how uniquely individual we are as human beings, when it comes to our addictions, it's almost scary how alike our stories can be.

I'm so happy to hear you found suboxone and that your treatment thus far is going well. It sounds like you have a very loving and supportive family surrounding you and that's wonderful. I understand about the damage we do to our families. My addiction lasted about as long as yours and although it took some time and in our case marriage counseling, I will say the damage can be restored. In fact, I'd say that once past that, the marriage can actually move forward and be stronger for having made it through that time. I'll give you a tip that I learned the hard way though. I don't know about you, but my addiction traumatized (for lack of a better word) my husband to a certain degree. There are times when I'll do things, something as little as falling asleep on the couch, and he goes back in his head to my using days. It's a trigger for him - the nodding off, you know how it used to be. So be aware that there might be things that could trigger those old using memories for him. And if so, don't be afraid to talk about it.

Again, welcome to the forum. I think you'll find this a very supportive and informative place as well. See you around the forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I also would like to welcome you to this amazing community here. Im only 2 weeks into this but can completely agree with the "having your life back" feeling. This is my first sober xmas and am sooo grateful. Its good to see all these people that are turning their lives around! Heres to a sober 2012.