It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just wanted to share that I'm 138 days clean. Sub has really helped me do that. I was doing really awesome at first, then a lot of bad stuff happened, and my kitty of 16 yrs passed away. Now I feel tempted more than ever to feel that blanket of warm sweetness I used to feel from pills. Yikes..I hope this changes-and soon. =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on 138 days, don't throw it all away because of a momentary lapse of reason. Get your head in the game and learn to grieve the right way. This may be an opportunity to teach yourself to grieve properly so that further down the road when something like this happens again you will be that much better armed to deal with it.

I had a few moments of weakness a week or so ago and I DID NOT cave in and I am so very, very happy...proud too.

It's just not worth it, think about it...it's really not worth it.

Post subject: Hang in There......
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:49 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hello Hopeful,
Congrats on your 138 days. Also I'm sorry to hear about your Kitty. The loss of a companion like that can be very difficult for sure. But don't give in to your disease. The disease will tell you poor me I might as well use now... What's the sense I lost my best friend etc., etc. .. DON'T let it! Just take it 1day at a time (1DAAT). That's all you can Do. Going back to using will change nothing about your loss. It will not make you feel any better and once the initial buzz wears off then your Kitty is still gone and now you'll be Mad at yourself for tossing aside your 138 days and starting all over.... My thoughts and prayers are with you and I wish you the best...... Take care of yourself.

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on your "clean" time. You should be very proud of yourself - it's no small accomplishment. I'm so sorry about the cat. I know how terribly painful it can be to lose a loved/loving pet. Don't minimize your loss. We care for our pets 24 hours a day - we take care of them COMPLETELY. And you've lost that. You need to grieve and it will take time. Hang in there. Congratulations again.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:17 pm 
Wow 138 days is awesome!! Congragulations!! I cant imagine what your going thru though. I really hope things get better for you!! Please feel free to post a thousand times if it helps. Again awesome job getting 138 days of sobriety!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrat's on the 138+ day's!!! Hell yeah, that "warm blanket" can be tempting, but hang in there friend, it will get better!