It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:07 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you for this blog. I've been on Suboxone for 2.5 years and it really helped me kicks a pretty strong Vicodin habbit but now its time to quit because I know its causing me a lot of muscle pain and weakness and has totally jacked my hormones. I've been tapering off ever so slowly and it seems to be the easier softer way.

I am started my detox yesterday jumping off at a very low dose as I’ve tried it at higher doses and had a very hard time. This is not my first rodeo (detox), I've quit alcohol, speed, cocaine, vicoden about 10x and Subs a few times so I know for sure I dont like detoxing. I've been reading Julia Ross’ book the Mood Cure which can be found on Amazon used for about 5 bucks. Here’s the protocol for getting off opiates according to Julia Ross. I am trying this method as it can't hurt. If you are thinking you can't afford these amino acids which can be found online or at health food stores, think about how much you've spent on drugs or Subs. These are super cheap in comparison. PS. I am not a doctor, just a drug addict trying to quit and read a helpful book.

AM MM MA BT
Gaba 1000mg 1000mg 1000mg 1000mg

DLPA 2000mg 2000mg 2000mg

5-HTP 50to100mg 50to100mg 100mg 100to150mg

Freeform Amino Acids

I am also adding in Vitamin C 1000mg which is supposed to really help with Opiate W/D, a little magnesium (not too much as you don’t know how your bowels are going to react to the detox) and a ton of meat, fruits and vegetables. No sugar if at all possible as it will make you sicker.

I’ve researched this for months as I need to be able to have a very smooth detox. The other thing that I’ve discovered on my 2.5 years on Suboxone is that it has caused me a ton of joint and muscle pain and also severely screwed up my hormones. I have zero testosterone and zero DHEA and have become pretty weak. While woman don’t need that much testosterone we need some. This can be why I have the lethargy, muscle pain and exhaustion. If you can afford to get your hormones tested try taking a little DHEA with Zinc. Zinc will help DHEA convert to testosterone and some will convert to Estrogen without zinc. Again, I am not a doctor, just have done a ton of research (A little OCD which helps in my research). The DHEA will help with mood and the PAWS, give you a little energy boost and help with mental fog.

Anyway onto the detox. I have 8 MG strips so I’ve been cutting and cutting over the past few months. I’ve literally gotten down to cutting them into 21 (half inch strips which is the width --that is .38) and then each strip I’ve been cutting into 6 tiny pieces making my dose .06 which I was taking once in the am and once in the evening which is .12 mg (far less than most people jump at but I prefer the easier, softer way). Suboxone is very powerful, the doctors are giving us way too much in my opinion. I dropped the evening dose about 5 days ago and had the RLS the first night only but a little tired and sneezing like a maniac. Since that seemed stable I skipped my morning dose entirely yesterday and got a pretty good headache last night, lots more sneezing and had the RLS again but with the help of some Benadryl, Melatonin, Trazadone 50mg and magnesium was able to sleep most of the night.

Just took a .06 dose today as my plan is to skip one day (yesterday), then dose, then skip two days and then dose, then skip three days, and dose, then skip four days, then dose, then skip five days, dose and then be done. Really focusing on getting this over with but I’ve tried jumping at higher doses and its been very hard. You have to be patient with Suboxone, it’s got a 72 hours half-life and your body needs time to adjust. I feel if the detox gets too hard I will relapse so taking it slow. Hoping the amino acids, DLPA , 5 HTP, GABA and the hormone balancer DHEA help a lot. I will keep you posted on my progress. Please note: If you are on antidepressants be careful with the 5-HTP and Melatonin. I am on a 75 mg dose of Effexor and 50 mg of Trazadone (which I am sure helped with the sleep too) so going to only use those aminos for a short time until I feel fully detoxed. I suggest the book by Julia Ross, its seems very helpful. Wish me luck everybody. I know its a super low dose to jump from but I am still feeling it.... maybe I am a wimp but this is the only way I know how to do this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck with your taper! It's trial and error and you'll find the pace that works best for you. Let us know how it goes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks Tiny Dancer. I am feeling okay right now. I am also doing a nasty protein shake with Oranges for Vit C, Orange Juice, Protein Powder and some green veggie powder. Its ugly and tastes horrid but I am hoping it will help. Its like really bad...lol, but I've drank much worse, cooking sherry, straight techila, vodka, cherry slow gin, and all kinds of cheap bad alcohol so this is a peice of cake... plug my nose and down it.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Well its not as easy as I had hoped. This stuff is so strong, I can't believe how hard its been to go off. I am working full time and a single mom so I don't have time to be sick. I got bad stomach problems before going into a meeting and had to take a very tiny sliver, which I've been doing each day since. You can barely see it, its so small but it seems to help. What I can't believe is that I would have symptoms dropping at such a low dose. That tells me this stuff is very, very potent. Going to try it at this fraction of a sliver dose until the weekend and see if I can do it then. I can't be sick at work.