It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I've been off meth for 54 hours and have checked into a hotel to make this trans.. have only been on method for less than 90 days.. @65 mg 54 hours ago... symptoms seem to be progressing.. I have the sub in my hand but am scared to death... am I good to go? Yesterday I took some kratom to subside the WD... it helped today I don't feel too bad...but def have WD symptoms... should I start the sub or wait? Last cows result was a 19 around hour 42... please lend some advice if you can relate.. thanks and God bless

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi JK,

This is a tough one to answer for me. I don't have experience with methadone, but I have read lots of good advice from others who do, and I will try to pass that along for you.

It sounds like you are getting really close to being ready, if you aren't already there. Your COWS score sounds good, if you were being careful not to over score yourself. I just went back and read a post from the other day with advice to another member. The person who wrote it works as an addiction counselor, and often refers patients to doctors for induction. He says that the doctor usually wants the methadone dose to be below 30mg and have 60 hours between last dose to sub induction. You are really close on the time, but your methadone dose was a bit higher than recommended.

Here's what I would do. Wait as long as you possibly can. Don't take any more kratom or other comfort meds. When you are at the end of your rope and can't take it any more, try dosing with the sub, but only take 1mg. I have read that this is not enough to precipitate withdrawals, but enough to let you know if you're ready. If you notice a lessening of WD symptoms within an hour, then you should be good to dose a bit more. If you notice that you don't feel better or even feel worse after that first 1mg dose...then you need to wait a bit longer.

Hopefully someone with more experience with this will come along soon and give you more advice.

Let us know how you are doing.

Q

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi JK,

QHorsegal gave the absolutely perfect advice! Don't take anything else, especially the Kratom, wait until your at the end of your rope and simply can't take the withdrawals any longer, and then take 1mg of the sub and wait between 30 minutes to 1 hour to give it plenty of time to work.

When your just about ready to take the sub, score yourself once again so others will know your score for future reference. If you follow Q's direction you should be good to go and be feeling good. It may take an additional 2 to 4mg to get you completely stable, but not too much more than that if your withdrawals are strong enough. Try to wait the same times between each additional doses to also give those time to work properly.

Keep posting and let us know how your doing. Best wishes to you JK! Hang in there and wait as long as you possibly can before that first dose. It will definitely be to your advantage to do that.

Karen xoxo

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Qhorse is spot on.. The only thing ill add is that after you test with a small amount, you're actually going to need to load up on the Suboxone to saturate your receptors as quickly as possible. Going from methadone to suboxone is rarely an easy process. It takes most people a few days at the very least to start feeling normal or "good." But, considering youve made it this far, im hopong your transition is easier and I doubt youll have PW symptoms. Do you have an actual doctor's script? How much did he tell you to start out at? I'm guessing between 16-24 if you're coming from meth?

Let us know how it goes..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello
Just checking in with you. I'm just as new here as you. Beat you by a day my friend. Wondering if you've induced yet. I was just as hesitant but once I did my life literally changed in a matter of minutes. You can do this. And this place is FULL of wonderful people who will not only help you and answer any and all questions but will also make you feel safe and welcome. And they will continue to check on you and walk you through. You are only one step away from getting exactly what you want. A different person today. Just 24 hours removed from an awful dark hopeless cycle. Trust me. These people and this board is here for you. So keep us updated. I want to see more success stories. I've got my life headed in a whole new direction thanks to this medicine and this forum.
Best of luck. Be strong!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys thank you all soooooo much for the posts and support.. I'm doing this alone and my family is completely in the dark.. I cannot put them thru this another time... so I went "out of town for work" well I walked around for the past couple hours and tried to just clear my mind.. not so lucky...I've got a migraine, yawns, aches out the yang... I'm posting this with a cows score of 22 HONEST score... when I hit post I will take the sub and lay down for a while before I post again... and will attempt to answer all ??'s relating to my case.. if one can help me then I return can help another... sobriety thus is attainable... thanks and god bless to all

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok man. You are headed the right way now. I'll be watching to see how you are progressing. Like I said, only about a day ahead of you. You'll be fine. An you will get all the help you could want right here. Will check back later. Talk soon.......

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jkj55 wrote:
Hey guys thank you all soooooo much for the posts and support.. I'm doing this alone and my family is completely in the dark.. I cannot put them thru this another time... so I went "out of town for work" well I walked around for the past couple hours and tried to just clear my mind.. not so lucky...I've got a migraine, yawns, aches out the yang... I'm posting this with a cows score of 22 HONEST score... when I hit post I will take the sub and lay down for a while before I post again... and will attempt to answer all ??'s relating to my case.. if one can help me then I return can help another... sobriety thus is attainable... thanks and god bless to all

Wow JK, that's awesome and glad you checked the Cows again! Only question I would have at this time is how much sub have you taken? I would suggest you post as much as possible right here and use your thread as a journal so you can look back on it later and see how well you have done! I do the same still and it really makes for positive reading when you look back, see how you were, and then see the improvements you've made! Just a suggestion.

Looking forward to your next update JK!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i have taken 1mg 25-30 min ago.. nothing really... headache has gotten worse ..so.. just put 2mg under tounge. Really need this work cause I ain't feeling to hot. Want to crawl out of my skin... thanks.. talk soon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're replacing a long acting full agonist with a partial agonist. Hang in there, do anything you can to help the time pass. Like I said, this is rarely an easy process for anyone (methadone to Suboxone.) You are most likely going to have to take quite a bit more by the end of the day.. I'd suggest at least 8-16mgs (its already quite late in the day) but you can go at it as slow as you want. What time zone are you in? If its already night where you are, you may not have the luxury of going too slow if you want to sleep tonight.

I also induced (my final induction from methadone) in a hotel. I remember it like it was yesterday. It's tattooed in my mind :) but it was the single best decision I've ever made.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm Dieing here guys... this is rough.. really rough.. I'm ready to jump off a bridge... I'm on the east coast.. its dark here... and even darker in my room.... I really font know how much longer of this I can handle... my body and mind are coming unglued... I will keep updating...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hang in there JK! Please! I'm gonna out off my plans for the next few hours so I can keep checking your thread. I don't want you to think you are alone. Maybe taking higher doses like she said may be helpful to start. It WILL get better. Fight!!! Fight!!! And then fight more. I'll be right here....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Did it get worse after taking sub? Do you have stomache cramps?

Hang in there, I know this is really hard for you. This will pass, you just have to ride it out. Wait a tiny bit longer but don't hesitate to pop a whole 8mgs at once.. That's a bare minimum dosage for a methadone to sub transition.

I'm hoping that the few mgs you've taken start to help out a bit but don't suffer for too long. You'll eventually need to saturate the shit out of your receptors.

Last edited by tinydancer on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, the sub seems to have made it worse...light cramps... crawling out the skin.. and headache... can't stop pacing...gonna take the rest of the sub.. I pray this stops the pain ..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, so you did get some precipitated withdrawals. I'm not sure if the Kratom set you back a bit or just the nature of the long acting methadone. The key now is to hang in there and work on upping your dose. Hopefully you have some Gatorade or water, Advil.. This will pass, I promise! It may not seem like it right now but hang in there.

Do you have an on going script from a doctor? Or is this a short term detox plan?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Still bad.. not good.....I hope the worst has came and now leaving... I hope

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You've hit the worst of it. The worst part of PWs comes within the first hour of dosing. The reality is that it may take a while to get better but it won't get worse. Just take care of yourself. I took hot baths between bouts of hugging the toilet (I didn't wait nearly as long as you to induce.) The baths eased some of the restlessness/ skin crawlies/ leg aches.

How many mgs have you taken total?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

8mg as of 845pm.. I'm trying to see the light.. but its dark in here... but I can do this...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The good news is that precip. Wd's don't last very long. I think a couple hours at the very longest and you will start to feel some relief. You said you were taking the rest of the sub...how much do you have on hand for tonight? I hope you have more than just one 8mg strip to start you out with.

Keep posting if it helps you! I am praying for you right now...I know it sucks, but it will pass soon.

Okay, I see you just posted you've had 8mg as of 8:45. Wait about 20 minutes and then take another 8mg. Again, how much do you have for tonight on hand?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The fact that you are here checking in and posting is a good sign. When I induced too early, I was stuck on the toilet and throwing up in the hotel trash bin and the same time. I would have chucked a laptop out the window before logging into anything. It could be a lot worse for you, so trust that your 60 hours of waiting was not in vain. I know it will be hard to see the glass half full at this point but it is.

I'll echo what Qhorse said, You need more sub.. take another 8mgs. Make sure you're drinking fluids.