It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I remember going through the pw. Laying on the floor with my face on the cold tile. (I had already "eliminated" everything but my internal organs.) After my husband got off the phone with the doctor, he said, "He says take more sub". If I had the strength, I would have hit my husband in the face. To me, that sounded like the WORST ADVICE EVER. I thought it was the sub making me ill - didn't understand preciptated withdrawals or anything. I honestly thought I was overdosing and going to die. Anyway, he did call in some phenegran suppositories and they brought sweet sweet relief - and sleep. The whole ordeal lasted an hour. Which in hindsight is not long at all. But it sure felt like an eternity while going through it.

I'm anxious to hear how you're doing. I wish you had some of those suppositories!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:03 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

What happened, how is it going?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK bud,

How are you this morning?

Give us an update, I'm worried about you.

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OK.. so its 9am and I've gone thru 24 MG's of suboxone.. and to be 100% honest it only stops the pain/sickness for 30-90 minutes then smack ... right back at square one... I'm really hurting but have been doing better... but I want to crawl out of my skin.. incredible pain in extremities.. I wish this all would just stop.. I can't think straight... I'm exhausted.. I think I'm going to take one more 8mg for the day and just fight this out for 24 more hours.. if nothing works I'll be at the doc first thing in the am... I can't eat anything and hold it down.. water barely hangs in there for 30 mins... extremely dehydrated
.. kidneys are in fire... I pray this passes soon.. thanks and god bless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dang JK,

I'm so sorry! You really should start to feel better soon! I think it's a good idea to take the next 8mg. That methadone is a bitch to get out of the system! As soon as the subs bully's it out of there you will start to feel better. Good luck! Just hang in there buddy!

Q

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ugh. I was genuinely hoping you were going to have an easier time with this switch. I'm sorry to hear it isn't so. Take baby sips of water, don't drink a lot at at a time. Hopefully you have or can get some crackers and nibble. You need to settle your stomache, it's aggravated and now over reacting. Your sickness should start to go away but the truth is, you're going to feel weak and run down for at least a couple days. I know this is hard, and I'm hoping you can make it through this tough period because Suboxone maintenance is much more stabilizing than methadone maintenance.

Just know many people here on this forum have made the switch and have been thru exactly what you're going thru. I would have done a better job warning you about what it's like but I thought your 2+ days of waiting were going to give you an advantage, so I'm sorry for that.

I hope you start to turn around quickly. The main thing is to get that stomach settled.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How goes it? (I'm hoping you're asleep...)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey JkJ,

How are you doing?

Hopefully you have made it through the PW's and are feeling better now!

Give us an update please!

Q

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

??? Gone. Hopefully he is ok
Goes to show there is a reason they advise to change over at only 30mg methadone or less. His dose was very high for switching over, 65mg for 3 months. Even with the 54hr wait. It was way too high a dose to switch.
Would be good to hear an update. I feel for him. Locking himself away in a hotel to get his life back on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I wish we could stalk him! I don't like seeing someone just drop off the face of the earth (or internet) like that . . Especially suffering like he was.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I sent him a PM a couple days ago to see how he was doing. He did log in to read it. I hope he's doing ok and we get an update.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's good of you Tinydancer. You were there for him right through the thick of it- so I hope he can pm you back.