It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:55 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone....I've been off sub for 30-40 days....I quit counting and just kept grinding on....I abused lortab for several years before going the sub route. I was doing pain management because of a bad shoulder.....It became a problem and I started taking more lortabs than prescribed......I'm not having any physical withdrawals anymore, but my motivation is rather weird or non existent. I was on sub for 1 1/2 years....Started at 8mg and my doctor moved to a different state, so I decided to quit. She was the only doctor in my town that prescribes it. I was taking 4-6 mg daily when I quit. Not going to lie, the first 2-3 weeks were tough, very tough. Couldn't sleep, restless leg....I work shift work and my work day or night is 12 hours. Along with a 4 and 1 1/2 year old son, it was very difficult. One thing that did help me....exercise....

My mood is rather boring right now....I don't feel like doing anything. Hard to explain, but it's more along the lines of a screw it attitude. I'm prescribed 30mg of Adderall and 40 mg of Celexa daily....I've been taking this dosage for a few years now....I've cut back my Adderall to 15-20mg per day....Going without Adderall isn't a big deal. I plan to cut it out also....Celexa I will save for the last....

Does anyone know when I will start to be my old self? I have always been outgoing, but it's a struggle right now...It is getting better, but I want my personality back. I will never touch another opiate. It hasn't even crossed my mind. I'm just ready to be normal again....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dr. J. has explained in earlier posts that it takes 8 - 12 weeks (I think?) for our opiate receptors to regenerate or normalize. Our opiate receptors play a large role in regulating our mood. With that said, some of us have found that it takes a good while longer than 8 - 12 weeks to get our mojo back.

For the time being, I'll tell you what several told me, fake it until ya make it, bud!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I can relate in pretty much everyway. I am on day 12 of no suboxone and my main withdrawals are over except no personality, no mojo, no desire to do a damn thing, depression. I also take 40 mg of celexa. I was on 20 mg, but upped my dosage to 40 a month before stopping subs so I could get more help with sleepiness and anxiety. However, I might as well not be taking it as my depression is in full force. The only thing I enjoy is taking showers, which is ironic as I hated getting ready while on subs. As a female it takes so long getting ready each day.i couldn't imagine taking adderall while going through withdrawals as most people are fighting nervous energy as it is. I can't wait to feel whatever normal people feel like.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:55 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Fake it until you make it... I like .. Lol..
The Adderall doesn't do much for me anymore. More negative than positive. I plan to cut it out also. I'll keep chugging along.. I'm very independent right now. I would rather isolate myself than mingle with other people. Thanks for the advise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm 20 Days in. I can say that I feel slightly dull personality wise. That being said, I would take this Any day over being hooked on something. I cant express how much working out helps BTW. If you don't feel comfortable going, do some core training. You don't even need weights. Also, Vegetables seem to stimulate my mind. Every morning and night I eat a couple servings of broccoli, cauliflower, green peas and green beans. Multi Vitamins, Milk Thistle etc.. You have to be willing to go over and above to get over these symptoms. There not that bad. My mood is stabilizing. BTW Don't Drink when recovering from this. I went out a few nights back and felt it Big time up until today. Wont do that again 8) .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I took Adderall for 6 months or so back in '06 for college. My addictive tendencies might have some deep roots with Adderall. I started using 100 MG's per day. Then would go 2 weeks without and would sleep 20 hours at a time. It took almost 3 years to feel myself after quiting Adderall (amphetamine Salts). I would rather go through sub withdrawal Any-day over Adderall . I couldn't keep my eyes open months after quiting .

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo wrote:

For the time being, I'll tell you what several told me, fake it until ya make it, bud!! :D

Brilliant advice!!