It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Been a guest long enough
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been lurking about as a guest now for the past few months. My wife is a member here,and gets great enjoyment from this site.and in all actuality, so do I. I have read most everything there is to read here at the forum and have followed with great attention many of the conversations,both informative and not. I must say most are very informative, and because of that i feel much more informed then i was at the beginning of my journey with suboxone . I have been on the subs now for three months and I will say the obvious about them. They have saved my life. Wow,huh? never would of figured that such relief was there for the asking.It seemed that there was no way out of the downward spiral that my addiction to pain pills was taking me...always the voice that seemed to never go away .always haunting me ,telling me to check everywhere for more and more of them.The ones I was prescribed never seemed to last very long. And its kinda funny cause i always considered myself a functioning addict. I maintained my job,I maintained my side work, I maintained my habit... BUT , that voice, it always was there,and i did not nor will i ever controll it. Doesnt matter any more though. thanks to the subs the voice is gone.and i can actively attempt a honest try at getting things under control,finally. I do take the subs for both addiction and pain and so when i say control, i mean basically staying away from the opiates that accompany that dam voice.and thanks to the subs I can now do just that. look forward to becomming part of the family here, I just wanted to say a little and basically say hi. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum skidbro. I am also taking subs for addiction and pain, and feel the same as you about them. They saved me from a lot of negative things in my life that active addiction was causing.

That's nice that both you and your wife enjoy the forum. You can talk to one another about it and know what the other is talking about! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yes it is nice that i always have someone close to me that can understand exactly how i feel sometimes right when i feel it,but it has also been a double edged knife in a sorts.breaking the chain of addiction has been much harder, because in the same way it helps to have someone close it also hurts cause you always have a close person there to be your enabler as well as i have been hers many times. Never meaning any harm mind you, but kinda blindly leading the blind . Now with the discovery of this medication by us our eyes have been opened . and although we feel we have along way to go ,at least it is now possible. And when you throw in the kids , and grandkids we have together it is about time. I know i am not telling anyone anything new here,I guess I am still in the " wow, this stuff is great " stage . Funny though, over the years I have been addicted to many things. and I always seemed to beat them one way or another .But these opiates were so ....so... well I never could of imagined what a monster the sweet little thing turned into to.. :shock:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WELCOME skidbro!!!!!!!

thanks for reading our posts, informative and not so informitive, as well :o

seriously, welcome,
hope you stick around, theres alot of support here!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know all about that damn voice you speak of. Mine is still screaming at me but I'm getting ready to silence it a week from Thursday when I go for my induction. I'm so ready to shut it up. I've listened to it's lies for way too long! :) I'm glad you have your wife for support. It seems there are a lot of couples battling this addiction. My husband abused pills along with me for a couple of years but somehow he was able to avoid becoming a full blown addict like me, thank God! But it was enough for him to at least understand my struggle and be totally supportive of my decision to try suboxone. My best friend and her husband are also addicts. She has been on subs for about 9 months but unfortunately her husband is still using and hasn't so far shown much interest in stopping. I worry about her with him still using but so far the subs have been a lifesaver for her. Anyway, best of luck to both you and your wife in your recovery. This group has been a huge help to me even though I'm pretty new here. I'm glad it has done the same for you & your Mrs.