It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 pm 
How many people here are on suboxone and are doing well and plan on getting off of it "when your ready"? if this is you than your teetering on the edge of disaster. If your on suboxone and you still feel well and your doing well chances are you have been on it 2 years or less. If you keep waiting your gunna loose your chance to get off opiats. Suboxone is easy to get off of if you stop before you get totally addicted to it, but after a few years pass you become fully dependant and it stops doing its magic for you and at that point your in a deeper darker whole than normal heroin addicts and you will experience years of withdrawl and a lifetime of paws if you try to stop. It took a wile to realize you were a true opiat addict well suboxone is the same way but in super slow motion. It takes people years and years to realize suboxone didn't solve their problems and then they want to quit, but then its too late, people can escape opiate addiction after heroin but nobody escapes Opiat addiction after long term suboxone that's a fact. Suboxone can be great as a tool to reduce withdrawl during a short tapper but its the worst drug EVER after long term use. I know people almost worship suboxone here because it saved their life but they don't know that it takes your life right back if you don't stop using quickly and they are in for a real heartbreak in a few years when they start feeling like shit and can't stop using it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In your opinion, you can't speak for everyone. I believe suboxone is used improperly by many doctors and makes some peoples dependency worse, but if it keeps me from doing all the crazy illegal shit I used to do then it's a miracle. Maybe people are waiting until they are "ready" because they want to get their lives in order and built a sober support network instead of going cold turkey and living in the same lifestyle but clean. which is a recipe for disaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No need to fret or try and post your opinions here Stewart.

This guy is just a troll that likes to stir the pot and get people angry.

So. Just letting you know.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

there's just a few things, that are just plain UN-true,,,,,, here

I don't want someone trying to RESEARCH suboxone therapy to see this and get FREAKED OUT...

Dmackattack1989
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 am Post subject: Note Because sub should only be used short term

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many people here are on suboxone and are doing well and plan on getting off of it "when your ready"?
if this is you than your teetering on the edge of disaster.

this is how your "supposed" to do it.... In MY Opinion, and LOTS of professionals,,,,
QUITTING BEFORE your ready is the REAL DISASTER

If your on suboxone and you still feel well and your doing well chances are you have been on it 2 years or less. If you keep waiting your gunna loose your chance to get off opiats.

hmmm.... I've been on it 26 months..... and I'd say I'm doing well.....

Suboxone is easy to get off of if you stop before you get totally addicted to it, but after a few years pass you become fully dependant and it stops doing its magic for you

"ADDICTED" and "DEPENDENT" have TWO SEPERATE definitions.... and that's a fact....
ADDICTED---
1.Physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
2.Enthusiastically devoted to a particular thing or activity.

DEPENDENT---
Adjective-Contingent on or determined by.
Noun-A person who relies on another, esp. a family member, for financial support.
Synonyms-adjective. dependant - subordinate - subject
noun. dependant

and at that point your in a deeper darker whole than normal heroin addicts and you will experience years of withdrawl and a lifetime of paws if you try to stop.

"normal heroin addict" Doesn't exist.... Exactly what IS that????
a homeless heroin addict? a kid in the suburbs?? a person living on "skid row" in LA??? someone with a huge inheritance?
one with a job?? I mean, seriously,,, what the hell are you talking about here?

One reason we take suboxone SO LONG,,, is other drugs, give US YEARS OF WITHDRAWL..... lots of folks are VERY QUICK TO BLAME THE SUBOXONE THOUGH....and a lifetime of PAWS, too..... I think you could say that's just being an ADDICT... you do realize, it NEVER goes away, right??? being an ADDICT..... DOESN"T GO AWAY..... even if you take the suboxone away.....
so okay, whatever

It took a wile to realize you were a true opiat addict well suboxone is the same way but in super slow motion. It takes people years and years to realize suboxone didn't solve their problems and then they want to quit, but then its too late, people can escape opiate addiction after heroin but nobody escapes Opiat addiction after long term suboxone that's a fact.

okay well THIS is the WRONG WAY to take suboxone.... it's said here,,, all the time,,, taking suboxone and Expecting things to be "all better" then taper off,,, of COURSE your gonna relapse......
Hmmmm
and if your "fact" is really a "FACT" how about some place it says it, other than your paragraph???
I'm only asking, because it's a highly interesting ,,,,,,,, fact.......

Suboxone can be great as a tool to reduce withdrawl during a short tapper but its the worst drug EVER after long term use.

Hmm.... IN MY OPINION,,,,, IV'ing pain pills, is the worst ever to use "long term"
Know why??? cuz NOBODY makes it "long term"
Oh, maybe your "normal heroin addict" does...... You ever see an OLD heroin addict?? one that still uses??

Nope, didn't think so

I know people almost worship suboxone here because it saved their life but they don't know that it takes your life right back if you don't stop using quickly and they are in for a real heartbreak in a few years when they start feeling like shit and can't stop using it....

well worship of suboxone, isn't HEALTHY either....... I think the REAL heartbreak is freaking people out, and SCARING them off their meds, and they RELASPE AND DIE...
that's the real disaster/heartbreak/FACT here...... maybe the only one.....

Now,,,
in all seriousness,,,,, Going ON suboxone in the first place, should NOT be taken lightly... I agree with others, in that I think it's over-prescribed, and many people that could just taper off their pain pills and be "sick" three or four days, shouldn't be going on suboxone....
but those of us "hardcore" folks out there,,,, when your shooting dope in your arm, in the car you now live in,,,
I mean the OTHER options????
death, jail, suboxone......

not too bad, if you ask ME.....

I probably just wasted ten mins of my life, you probably won't read this and even if you do, it probably won't change your mind.

A MIND and a PARACHUTE are a lot alike...... both only work when OPEN......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zElJGMwpwt0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2CQ94aXDoQ[/youtube]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great story ... except that there's many people just on this forum who were on Sub for years, and are now totally clean off all opioids. Most of these ex-Subbers view their time on Sub as a necessary stepping-stone to getting clean. There's even many in NA meetings who spent years of their life on methadone and / or Suboxone who are now 100% opioid free. Some of these people even sponsor others, and encourage people to take their time on "drug replacement", as it's better to spend another 6, 12 or 18 months on Sub or methadone than it is to rush one's recovery, return to addiction then have to start from square one all over again.

Unfortunately evidence seems to fly in the face of your story bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

How long is too long???? I been on suboxone 2 months n 12 days days now. I don't feel ready to reduce n i know i was on codeine which may not seem a big deal to most but i spent all my savings on it £4,600, nearly lost my family n put them through alot n obsessed like mad plus had major withdrawal where i was suicidal. Plus I am a single mam to a four year old. So i'm not ready to reduce suboxone yet as that has given me my life back where I'm not constantly thinking of codeine, when to get, where from, do i have $257 for the 60mg tabs etc etc.
i really think people should be careful what they say as it frightens people n this may get people to come off suboxone before they're ready n end up relapsing.
Evey x

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Eveleivibe wrote:
How long is too long???? I been on suboxone 2 months n 12 days days now. I don't feel ready to reduce n i know i was on codeine which may not seem a big deal to most but i spent all my savings on it £4,600, nearly lost my family n put them through alot n obsessed like mad plus had major withdrawal where i was suicidal. Plus I am a single mam to a four year old. So i'm not ready to reduce suboxone yet as that has given me my life back where I'm not constantly thinking of codeine, when to get, where from, do i have $257 for the 60mg tabs etc etc.
i really think people should be careful what they say as it frightens people n this may get people to come off suboxone before they're ready n end up relapsing.
Evey x

This site attracts people who just join to fight with others. Why? Dunno...they seem to see some sort of game in trying to tell people who are doing just fine that "no, you're actually not fine, you're doing it wrong."...

I got a BIG middle finger salute and a "Fuck you" to these folks who come here to fight with those of us who are doing just fine and didn't ask for anyone to assume we need their matchbook-acquired PH.D in psychiatry to diagnose us for some silly-assed reason. If I needed one of these trolls' opinions, I'd tell them what it is...but they continue to join and freely pollute the forum with bullshit. It's like when you go to the fish store, and you see all the pretty fish swimming around..then you see the snail latched on to the tank...and you just KNOW...that snail eats the shit.
Well..the trolls here eat shit...and spit it back out in ramblings about Suboxone and heroin being better...etc.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I will never understand the thought process of the trolls that come on here and say a heroin addict is better off than someone on suboxone. I've seen my fair share of heroin addicts and I've seen people on suboxone and in my opinion there's a huge difference. Mostly heroin addicts don't have jobs, a place to live, or really anything but the clothes on their back which I would guarantee you they would sell you if they were sick and needed a fix. People on suboxone for the most part seem to be productive members of society. Or at least you can't tell they are on suboxone if you didn't already know. You can tell if someone is a heroin addict.

And furthermore, if it really was the case, that heroin addicts were better off then why don't all of us on suboxone get off of it and start doing heroin? I mean we could all go back to our drug of choice any time we want. You know if we really thought we would be better off.

I think when they say these things they are forgetting that nobody just stops using heroin, or oxys, or whatever their drug of choice is. As an opiate addict you only have a handful of options. Go to inpatient rehab, which isn't an option for a lot of people because of cost and the huge time commitment, keep using and die, go to prison and get clean but probably relapse when you get out, or go on suboxone. People always say you can stop opiates on your own I know for a fact I have done it five times. Lol. The definition I stop using would mean never going back, never using another opiate again. Getting clean is the easy part, staying clean is where the real work starts.