It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

DAY 37 OFF SUBS!!

I just wanted everyone to know that things in "my world" have been going purty damn good! I havent had any cravings (I wont lie, I have thought about how I used to get tired at work & want pills) but Im soooo damn proud of being free that Im not guna F*&K this up! Im FREE for the 1st time in 10 yrs & I refuse to slip into that way of life again. Ive had ppl offer vikes, lortabs, etc. trying to be a pal (as my wife says, be a pal & dont offer me that shit no more!) but I refuse them without a 2nd guess. Yes, I do consider myself lucky not to cave and accept someones offer. I would have never thought myself this strong...NEVER. Before someone says "what the hell are you doing hanging around with addicts" this happens at work. Im not quitting a $20hr job because im working with addicts. I just have to be strong enough to keep saying "no thanks, im done with that". This is totally doable folks! Yes im only a lil over a month off, but Im headstrong and I know im done! IM FREE!!

For those who remember my jump thread- I have just thrown away that 1 suboxone strip that I held onto. My reason for keeping one when I jumped is so I could pull that sub out at 1 month and laugh in its face!! WELL, I DID IT!!

HA HA!! I WIN!!!!

I hope all my quitter friends are still fighting the good life fight!! It is possible. Hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

95! You kick ass! It does take a lot of willpower to refuse that stuff if people are offering it to you, and for that I tip my hat to you, sir.

Keep with it, as I am sure you will.

I am currently on day 30 off subs! I am still fighting to get some natural sleep but that is about it!

Post subject: Great Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:10 pm 

Congratulations to both of you for being able to taper and jump off of Suboxone. I just love topics like this because it dispels any argument that says a person cannot get off of Sub w/o terrible suffering.

I can go re-read your tapering thread or maybe you can just post a general condensed version of how you did it and what was the hardest part to deal with, if there was any.

A big slap on the back to you both. You just made my day.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hang with it MW it will get better. I found that if I dont try to lay down & go to sleep by 10 or 10:30pm, then I can forget it! Ill stay awake until at least 2am. For the most part, Im in bed on time.

Weird how everyones lingering symptoms seem to be different. However, the sleeplessness gets us all at one time or another. I experienced 2 bad days at work during all this because I got little or no sleep. 6-8 hrs and Im fine for work, any less and Ill definitely have a bad day. Luckily I have only had 2 bad ones.

Keep up the fight everyone!!
Getting off subs is possible!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats!

Have you tried melatonin for the insomnia? It's a cheap, natural supplement and works great.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have tried melatonin and it doesn't seem to do all that much for me.

95, maybe there is something to "setting" a bedtime and sticking to it. Because I haven't been able to fall asleep easily, I generally stay up later than I should on work-nights in an attempt to exhaust myself to the maximum before actually laying down in bed. It hasn't been working. This next week I will take your suggestion and make myself get in bed by 10:30 and see if that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good Luck MW I hope the sleep thing gets better for you. I will admit tho, I usually wake up between 5am-6am which is my time to get up for work. I very rarely sleep past 6am but at least its natural sleep. Theres nuttin worse than taking sleep help and wake 4-5 hrs later...talk about hung over feeling!

Good on ya for hanging in there as well!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

5-htp ?

Unisom?

Exercise?

A nice warm bath before bed?

Sex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Trust me TJ Ive tried all the above. If I do take something for sleep (melatonin, valerian rt, or over the counter sleep aids) they do not keep me asleep. Make me tired, yes. Keep me asleep, no. Ive started my regiment of in bed before 11pm otherwise I will not get enuf sleep. I wake between 5am - 6am regardless of what I take or when I take it. I can fall asleep on my own between 10pm- 11pm only. Anytime after then, im wide awake until 2am or so before I fall asleep and STILL wake at 5am! But I have been forcing myself to bed at 10pm regularly and am doing pretty well on 6-8hrs of sleep.

MW- I hope you find your sleep stride soon. I know what a bitch it is to stay awake FEARING the upcoming work day that will WITHOUT A DOUBT be horrible without the sleep. Hang in there buddy, youve got it by the balls now! Dont let go!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone, I just wanted to report in. Ive been off work for the last 5 days and have been REALLY restless. Since appr day 30 off subs things have been good physically and mentally but I do still have the ups & downs occasionally. Mainly just with fatigue but it does go away and I can continue on. I find myself RARELY sleeping past 6am and get extremely bored sitting home on days off. It sucks being bored but not really wanting to get out to do anything. I try to schedule things to do to keep from being bored, but constantly being on the go cost money and we aint rich! lol. Other than the ups & downs with energy and getting bored easily, I feel good. Today is day 46 off subs.

A few things that I figure should be mentioned.

I have headaches a lot now. Not monster ones but lil aggrevating ones. I take a few ibuprofen and they seem to ease off.
Coffee- This old luxury has now become a laxative! You have been warned!!
Joint Pain- Ive never suffered much from this before but now I am. Maybe the subs were masking the pain before so Ive never really noticed. ibuprofen works well for this also.

Keep up the fight fellow quitters!! Ill keep updating from time to time so everyone can learn from my experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

95- WHOOT WHOOT!!!! That is SO Awesome :) Way to go! I love reading about your progress! You really give me hope with my taper! I can't wait to be where you are! Keep up the great work!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think I am a day (or two) over 4 weeks off Suboxone and am experiencing similar withdrawal symptoms to both of you. I'm still easily fatigued at times and lack energy and/or motivation. It's not so bad though and I push through it.

However, I still can't sleep for more than 4-6 hours at time. I wake up somewhere between 6 and 7am regardless of what time I go to bed and once in a while I'll fall back asleep if I go to bed late. I've started taking naps this past week and it is helping. The sleeplessness albeit not terrible is not what I am used to and I think that is what I am having difficulty adjusting to.

I'm convinced that staying positive and being active has played an important role in avoiding any serious depression and/or anxiety issues.

Congrats to both of you for staying with it - it's rather cool that we all accomplished at roughly the same time and it makes me happy to see your updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Guys n Gals!
Day 52 off Subs for me, now. Things are going really well. We had another layoff at work this week and I dodged the bullet and kept my job! Ive been really worried with my lack of energy of getting the ax, but apparently I have been keeping up just fine. Im starting to have less "lows" now and my energy is starting to level out. I know im still less than 2 mos off, but I really feel like im starting to get back to a normal state. Im still drinking mostly water, taking vitamins, L-tyrosine, and eating the best I can.

Quitting subs can be done and those who have, KEEP UP THE FIGHT!!