It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: BAD pharmacy story
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have been going to the same Kroger Pharmacy for over a year for my Suboxone. 2 of the 3 pharmisist are great...but one of them looks at and treats me like a drug seeking addict.. Here is the story:

My sub Dr. appointment is Thursday but I had to move it to today as I have to go to Atlanta where my grandmother is on her deathbed. Anyway, since it is out of state I have to fill my scripts early while I am still in state...The script is 3 days early..Anyway, the pharmasict said that he could not fill it as it was "too early". I told him I understood but I was going out of town because a family memeber was about to die. I asked if he could call my Doctor for approval.he said NO. I asked if I would fill it in Georgia and he said yes (lie, can not fill this out of state). Anyway, pissed off I left....He is not believe I was going out of town and wouldnt call my doc...i am guessing he thought insurance wouldnt pay..but they WILL with doctor approval!..sooo...

I called my doc who was PISSED and said that some pharmisist are power hungry assholes that try to play doctor. He told me he would call the next pharmacy

I go to a Harris Teeter Pharmacy that I have never been to...upfront I explain that the fill is 3 days early and that I am headed out of town. I tell them that the Doc will call them if needed...anyway in under 10 minutes I have my Suboxone AND a flu shot..she didnt even call doctor to verify early fill..

I thank her and her tech for being kind and NOT making me feel like an addict, even though I am. Tears came to the Pharmacists eyes as she hated to see me treated that way....wow I have faith in the pharmacy business again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:48 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh I get so mad when I hear these stories!

The same thing kinda happened to me. My doctor wrote the script for a few days early. He waned me to have.extra in case of an emergency. The pharmacist refused to fill it. She made me wait until ten the next morning to pick it up even though they open at seven.

I was so pissed I emailed in a complaint. I got a call back from rite aid saying sorry. The said my letter was well written so they investigated. They said the pharmacist was out of line and sent me a twenty dollar gift card.

These pharmacists would not hesitate to fill some blood pressure pills a few days early....they actually recommend people have a few extra. Sub should be no different.

I am glad things worked out for you and I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Its too bad you had to deal with this crap when you are already having a rough time. Take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Ya know I am never surprised when I read stories like this. I wish I were. The fact of the matter is,
is that there are always going to be people that are going to treat us like they are better than us.
As far as I am concerned, they are no better than I am. I hope that neither of you felt that way.
You are both human beings and deserve to be treated as such. Orange Doll, I see you around the forum
quite often and I know that you are not the kind of person that they treated you as. I see a caring and
compassionate person. Don't let these power hungry, assholes make you feel like anything less than that.
Have a good day, both of you~ and take care.[/font]

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am sorry to hear about your pharmacy story. Non-addicts are SUCH jerks sometimes! This reminds me of what I heard on the news tonight. They are tying to open up a Methadone Clinic in Burlington, Vermont and the local school and Board of Trustees are fighting it. How stupid?!? What would they rather have: People left on the streets withdrawing from opioids and subsequently robbing the community members to buy more heroin OR have a harm reduction program to keep addicts out of withdrawal and lower local crime? I hate the fact that most people have no idea that addiction is a chronic medical disease of the brain! Addicts need to be helped. Whether it is methadone or suboxone, I don't care. Personally, I am on suboxone.

However, at least your story does have a happy ending!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh, I've been there! Not yet with my suboxone, I hope I never am, but I have been treated very badly at the CVS I used to go to to get my pain meds filled. I hated going in there every month! The pharmacy techs would roll there eyes at me, right in front of me as soon as I told them my RX number or gave them a new script. Occasionally I would get mine a day early or whatever, I never went too early for fear that they'd "red flag" me, but they can fill a day early... I know that. Anyway, they'd be very nice to me until they seen my script was for hydrocodone, then the looks would start and the condescending tones. It just got old. I had a couple of pharmacist make me wait until 10 am too, when the pharmacy was open 24/7. What's up with that anyway? It's a POWER trip to hold my script til 10 I guess....

I switched to Kroger the day I got my subs, per my docs recommendation because of their pricing. I have never been treated so nicely at a pharmacy. I was actually scared and a bit nervous to go in, eventho I really didn't care too much, I was already in withdrawl since it was my first time getting a script and the pharm tech actually told me to have a seat and they'd get me filled asap, she said she knew I was feeling bad, I must be with my first sub script. Wow! I was pretty amazed. They had me in and out in less than 10 minutes! I've gotten all my refills from them since and they've always treated me with respect and dignity, just like any other customer and I'm thankful for that...

I'm glad you had a good outcome tho, don't let any of those pharm techs or pharmacist treat you badly! I can't believe I let them treat me so badly at CVS for as long as I did, but I just didn't want to set any alarms off by switching, so I just dealt with it. Now I realize I don't have to let anyone treat me badly over my meds. My dr. doesn't, my pharmacy doesn't, and I'll be damned if I let anyone else! Ha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hey Invis!! I wonder if it is just a prerequisite to work at CVS...That is where I went to get my scripts filled because of
my insurance at the time. Well, I got a letter, and had to switch PCP's. The FIRST script I got from them, was for the
exact same meds that I was on from my old doc. They were for Valium, and some other narc (of course) LOL
Well, I gave them to the tech, and a couple minutes later the pharmacist YELLS from across the damn pharmacy,
"Miss XXX, you cannot get the same painkillers and sedatives from two different doctors, its called doctor shopping
and I aint filling no script for no addict!" She literally tore them up right in front of me and the 10 or 15 other
people sitting there. I was so mortified.
So I ran out of there, called my doctor from my car, and explained what just happened. They called me back within
3 minutes, and said that my scripts would be ready in 10 minutes.
Well, Of course I didn't want to go back in there, but this one didn't have a drive thru. So I went back in
and the pharmacist was ALL APOLOGETIC, saying she didn't realize that my insurance changed, and that I
HAD to see a new doctor. What a bitch!!! I just looked at her and never said a single word. She rang me up herself,
and when she handed me the bag, I snatched it out of her hand...HARD...and walked out without so much as a
thank you. I HATE CVS!!!!! Numerous people around here have problems with this specific one. The pharmacist
is on a Power trip. So we all use a local mom and pop one now. They have gotten so much business since CVS
opened here. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience too! Miss ya Invis~I'll email ya soon!!xoxo[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I in the forum topis about legal issues about sub and they are talking about there that the DEA just recently has hit the phamacies with "no 2-3 day early" refill is a no, no on any narcotics whether the ins will pay, cash or whatver. One member siad that their pharmacy was miking them even wait until the exact minute to get a refill or even a new scipt.