It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Bad judgement call
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

So, I too succumbed to suboxone over a period of 10 months. Ive been through a couple really hard kicks, one was fentanyl patches which I abused as much as I could, thankfully I never died(evil stuff). Anyways I started at 8mg and worked down to 2 for a few months and then tapered for about 2 wks down 1mg and then tried to stop. Good decision but bad move. Its been pure hell the whole time. I went 14 days without any sub, I took a total of about 10 vic 10's because at night I had to sleep(work). FOR ME, I would have rather went through another terrible Fent kick. This subbie withdrawal SUCKS. That many days feeling like crap and I went out and bought one. Now how long do you guys usually take to withdrawal and feel good enough to at least somewhat function? My advice to anyone is dont use the sub unless its your last resort or if you HAVE TO use it as maintenance. I see people going on it for vicodin withdrawal and I cant help but think they're just making their addiction worse. I wish I NEVER EVER GOT ON IT!!! Any advice would be great. I got access to a few xanax and immodium(which really helped me alot). I cant stand this anymore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey there. I can tell you that you tapered too much too soon. I tapered 2 mgs less each in between at least 2months time. I came completely off the subs and felt fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

What dose did you quit at? I know it was kind of soon, I just couldnt afford it anymore with no insurance. SO EXPENSIVE!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If there's any way you could get your dose really low, and just maintain on that,
it's not QUITE so expensive.............

I know,, I have NO Insurance either.... Just a discount card, that takes about 10% off.

what Im saying is I went from 24mg to 8mg, pretty easily.... I stil take it twice a day, only 4mg at a time.

Not sure what happened, when you were at the "one mg" mark, but if you could stay there,
one film would last a whole week.
even buying one at a time at the pharmacy, that's only ten bucks a week.

not including the dr. visit, I know, , , , but if you got 60 or EVEN 30 from one visit,that's a whole lotta weeks?

Just trying to help,
it's been my experience, reading around here, when it's "too soon" for people to come off suboxone,
the result is yet MORE expensive, time consuming, and addiction feeding.

good luck Which EVER way you decide to go!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Tapering off
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Jerry,
well i was prescribed the 2mg strips of the Suboxone film at the time. I was cutting the whole strip into 4 equal pieces. When i completely came off I was taking 1/4 of the strip and had been for almost 3 months. When I came off I was scared (because my script was gonna run out and I couldn't afford it anymore either). But when I did I felt completely normal and could sleep and everything. I'm gonna tell you that I was scared though. When this happened to me it cost me about $30 bucks a script with no insurance at Walgreens too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh and by the way I was following the EXACT directions of my doctor. I had been on the subs for about 2 and a half years. My doctor said that when I was completely done tapering off that I would always have an extra stash of sub with me so if something "triggered" me in life to just automatically take one. I always listen to him and this worked for me!!! This isn't a complete victory story though. Because I couldn't afford to go to the doc anymore.....and because I was completely off of the sub...........I was triggered..........I was at work and was around some percs..........didn't think twice to take them.......and it turned into my full blown addiction again. So now I am back on the suboxone treatment. What a waste of money, right??? I should have just stayed with what I was doing. So when I went back to the doc I didn't have to start all over though, My doctor started making me take 4mg's instead of 16 mg's daily. So I'm back at the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh and I've always wanted to try a fent patch by the way..............lol. I'll never do it just saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hear the fent LOLIPOPS are the "cure" for everything..........

headaches, sore throat,,, etc......... I'm KIDDING,,,, please don't take that seriously........

I've never seen them for REAL, just on that TV show intervention, that one woman,,, was eating Fent. lolipops
like I drink mt.dew.....
I also had a "friend" who used to dig her mom's patches outta the TRASH and soak them in water, and inject the liquid.
insane, it's insane the things we did, do, to NOT be 'sick'

anyways,

Mebebubblez ,,, are you going to try and continue for a bit longer at a low dose???

$30/month isn't bad..... I know it doesn't include the appointments....
It really frustrates me how expensive everything is, sometimes.... but then I think just momentarily how much
I was throwing down the toilet at my addiction, and it seems like a drop in the bucket.

Either way,,, I'm not ready to stop, for awhile at least.
got my dose down to something somewhat financially manageable, so that's good for me, for now.

good luck with everything, no matter which way ya go :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am currently taking 4mgs a day and have been for about 3 months now. I have tried to take 2mgs but I don't feel that I am psychologically ready for that yet, as I felt fine taking the 2mgs physically. My doctor is kinda pushing me to take the 2mgs though because I am pregnant and he says that I should try and be on the lowest dose possible when I have my baby.