It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Bad insomnia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi.. I started a low dose of subutex yesterday 2 mg. after a 4 year vicodin and perc addiction. I have panic disorder and previously suffered insomnia before my opiate habit. Now it's back bad on the subs. I just feel like after 2 hours sleep wide awake. Took 1 mg klonopin ( I have been on klonopin for 12 years) and it did nothing. If I don't sleep I get very panicky!! Any suggestions... This insomnia is going to be a subutex deal breaker... I am kind of losing it :(

Post subject: Re: Bad insomnia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:43 pm 

Can you wait it out for a week or two? Your body needs time to get used to being on sub. I realize that losing sleep makes you panicky. Is it possible to get some short term help from your doctor in terms of sleep meds? I don't recommend it for the long haul, but you could use some to get over the hump.

What are your alternatives if you stop taking the sub? Would you be back on your drug of choice? One thing your addiction could be trying to convince you of is that the sub won't work and you should just stay on percocet. But you already know that abusing percs is not the way to go. If klonopin isn't working could you switch to another benzo or ambien for now? I hope the insomnia goes away soon. One tip is that you shouldn't take the sub near bedtime. Good luck!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I had this side effect in the beginning also, but after about a week I began to sleep much better, but still not as much as I needed. I was dosing three times a day so I changed to twice, not taking any sub after 3 or 4 pm and that did the trick. My sleep is back to normal and physically I feel Bette than I have on the last ten years! no more in and out of dope sickness, heathy appetite, better mood,.more energy, good sleep, and no more obsession with getting, paying for, and using drugs! Point here is, give it time, don't give up, your new life could be right around the corner, so a bit of lost sleep is a good bargain in the long run right?

I really hope it gets better for you, I know it's frustrating, so keep your chin up, and try to be patient. Congrats on your decision to change your life...it was.a good one! :-)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You will need a week or two to stabilize on sub.  When I was on a maintenance dose of sub, I was able to fall asleep very easily at night.  I dosed once daily in the morning.  As said,  dosing at night will likely make it harder to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you all for the response.
Amy you asked if the other option was to go back to my DOC (Vics) and honestly YES. I slept for 2 hours last night as well.... I feel like a zombie. I think if I was sleeping the Subs would be great other than a headache which is probably from not sleeping.
I usually take Klonopin for sleep and my Psych said I can take it, so I took 1mg but it did nothing. I'm afraid to take more because I im reading so many posts of people saying you cannot take Klonopin on Subutex.
UGH, I'm losing my mind.
This is my med schedule....
take my Paxil at 6 am, take 1/2 Sub at 8am, then I take another dose at 12. I take my last dose at 4.
I spread it out because I have a pain condition and was told it would be better to spread it out in regards to handling my pain (which it really doesnt do) I take advil throughout the day.

Anyway, Thank you for the support.
Please let me know what thoughts are on upping my klonopin to 1.5 mg at night if I take my last dose of Sub 4 hours before.

Thank you all and sorry if Im rambeling Im in a fog of no sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:39 am 

I really suggest talking with your doctor and trying a different benzo that may be more effective. Perhaps you've been taking Klonopin long enough to have it be very effective. You could try upping your dose to 1.5 mg, but I'd probably ask my doctor about that first.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks everyone but I caved and started taking Vic again.... I was on 3 days w no sleep and about to check myself in to a hospital so the next day I took 40mg and now back to square one :(