It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: BAD Films Cracking holes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For the last three months the films I have received are cracked or completed fall to pieces when I try to take them from the package. If you hold them to the light, crazing is visible and you can see that some parts are thinner than others. Any one else have this issue? What can I do? The Pharmacist says there is nothing he an do. HELP

Post subject: Films
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yep, that is how all of mine are. I just started taking them 3 days ago, and they are broken already and when I try to cut them they crumble. It's making it hard to cut my doses into equal parts. I have to try to separate the crumbled pieces into whatever big piece I think it goes with. I thought maybe my batch got destroyed in some kind of heat or cold at the pharmacy, but if it's happening to others, it must be something that the manufacturer is doing. I haven't held them up to the light yet to see if it is thinner in spots. I hope not because that will make the pieces we cut even less accurate. I'll check next time I open one.

Post subject: Another Idea
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:00 pm 

Maybe it's time for people to start suing RB in small claims court for the expensive lost films. It appears this is happening to a lot of users and RB knows no one wants to go public to sue them. It worked for that Honda Civic owner. A few hundred small claims would be better than a class action lawsuit. At least for the patient it would be and attorneys wouldn't get anything.

Just trying to think of a different way to get their attention.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yup was happening to my suboxone 8mg ones.. maybe thats why i wasnt feeling well at all when taking them. i blamed it on i was sensitive to the nalaxone and finally the dr agreed and switched me to subutex and i mean its only been a couple of days but i feel soooooooo much better.............. so who knows if it was because of that or i really was sensitive to the nalaxone ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

your pharmacist is misinformed. yes there are steps you can take to correct the brittle sub film problem. first thing you need to do is call Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Inc at 877-782-6966 and tell them about the brittle and cracked sub films. they will ask you a few questions and then give you instructions on how to return the defective sub films to the pharmacy and get new ones. they are aware of the situation and are working on fixing it. their customer support is outstanding and have been very helpful. if you need more info feel free to contact me. good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

But I wonder if you return them to the same pharmacy and they just give you another box, the same thing will happen. Because someone else on here said they did that and the next box had brittle films in them too. So the pharmacy probably has a whole batch of bad films. I had this problem at first, but the last couple films I opened (out of the same box) were fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My doctor has switched to the film strips aswell. Ive only filled 2 Rx, with these film strips. My old pharmacy doesnt carry the strips and Im still able to get the tablets. Ive been going this route. I will add, I have gotten tablets that have been chipped, or missing parts. My most recent RX, some of the tablets have a greyish green blotches here and there on them. Almost looks like a mold, but chips off like dirt.. I would say quality control needs to step it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If there's so many problems with the film... why don't people switch to tablets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My doctor said she prescribes the films because "films are better." I assume she's referring to absorbancy? I'll ask her at my next appt.

Post subject: BROKEN FILMS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:10 pm 
TAKE THE UNOPENED BOXES TO WHERE YOU GOT THEM AND THEY SHOULD REPLACE THEM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nope, I just posted in another thread a few minutes ago that my pharmacist would not take them back...said there's nothing he can do about it. I guess it depends on who you talk to, like so many other places of business. Get a different customer service rep and get a different answer every time. Sooo annoying.