It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This Thread is hear to share what you have been threw since starting suboxone and any bad experiences youve had at Pharmacys! Fell free to tell your story or even a friends story. I myself will only share my ex from getting suboxone from Pharmacys. cause well i would be hear 4ever telling you guys storys about being 18 getting a 120 oxy 80s a month and the shit i went threw each time.

Anyways ive had a couple bad ex. at the pharmacy since starting suboxone but only one that was really upsetting to the point were i felt like crying cause this person made me fell so shitty. Anyways i have stayed with the same pharmacy since day one so the head pharm. knew me well and my story cause she sat down with the first day and gave me so much info on sub and so much support saying she will always be hear to help with any questions and support i can give you. anyways ive been on sub for about 3 month now have dealt with all the same people the whole time at this point i would go in there with no worries. anyways there is this new guy there thats in charge cause the normal head pharm is not there. so i drop off my script like always come back a hour later its not filled the pharmacist wants to talk to you. So this guys comes up says as loud as he can with a full line behind me "so you are the kid that wants his suboxone in a hour after dropping it off". This is what killed me looks at the person behind me and says oh sorry youve been waiting so long just let me deal with this junkie real quick then ill help you. But what really made it that much worst was that i didnt see her but 2 people back was my GFs mom standing in line when all this is happening. And she had no idea about my addiction what so ever. So i get this whole run down that you could of heard in the back of the store about how all i did was change one addiction for another and you may be cheating everyone else but your not folling me drug addict. so hes like well you want this filled so bad let me go a head and call your dr and make sure this is a real script well lets just say thats not happening considering it was 7 pm and my doctors last app of the day is 345 and he go home at 5! And thats when i snapped and got in this argument with this pharmacist that everybody heard and keep in mind he already said loud enough to the whole store im a drug addict so it just made me look that much worst. At this point im so heated i just want to punch this guy in the face and its getting to the point were people are saying mean things to me in line lets go drugy we have to get our own meds that we actually need and you know the deal. so it was the whole store against me at this point. Well the rest of the night was a one of the worst nights of my life.
But after i told my mom everything that happen she took care of it the guy got fired, i got a apology letter from the store and now everything is back to normal. but ill never ever for get that night and how bad that guy made me fell i was very close to relapse all cause one mean person. its real scary to think that someone in this profession would even act like that towards a person!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG, what a horrid experience for you! He didn't really call you a drug addict in front of other people, did he? What happened after all this? Are you still going to the same pharmacy and is that pharmacist still there? I would've written a letter to the main office of the pharmacy and made a complaint with whatever organization licenses pharmacists in my state. There's simply no excuse for treating people that way, addict or not. Geez, we are still people after all.

Fortunately I haven't had any bad experiences yet at a pharmacy with regard to my suboxone treatment. But I know I'm not immune.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What an asshole !! He didn't think for ONE second that calling someone a "junkie" would get him terminated ?! Were those EXACT words, or is that just what he made you FEEL like ? Same thing with customers in line. Can't imagine people saying, "Lets go, druggie !" Maybe a few SIGHS (I have a horrible habit of that), but not a negative comment.
I seem to have insurance problems all the time with my Suboxone for one reason or another, but never with a pharmacist. Glad everythings back to normal.
-Blue

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes he called all those names word for word. As of what the people in line said blue it was mainly one guys that went that far but the others def were saying stuff under there breath to eachother. It really felt like me against the whole world at that point.

Yes Hat he was fired on the spot the next day when my mom went in. I told my mom what had happen and she flipped first time ive heard her ever say F$#%. But yea i didnt go with my mom that day cause i knew i would of done something really stupid if i saw him. So i let my parents handle it. Yea i got a letter from the stores head office apologizing about everything and they covered my co pay for that script. I still continue to go that pharmacy call me crazy but like i said besides that one guys it has been nothing but kind words and smiles form everyone else. Def was hard to do the first couple times but i got over it. at the end of the day ive def gone threw alot of shit in my life and i wasnt gonna let this ruin the relationships i built up with these workers cause of one bad apple.

But at that point i was use to it. cause when your a teenager getting 120 80 mgs oxys a month you hear it all from its a fake script or i stole a pad of scripts from the dr offices.

But really i just hope this never happens to anyone cause i know how it made me fell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:15 pm 
I'm not trying start drama but I dont believe for a second he said those things word for word. Nobody who wants to keep their job is going to say "let me help this junkie real quick" just doesnt happen. If it realy happened sorry man that sucks but it sounds a lil to far fetched to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've heard pharmacists say some pretty harsh things pertaining to sub right in front of me like I wasn't even a person. Sorry that happened to you bboy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jeeze, bboy, what a shitty experience for you. While I never had an experience like that when I was on Sub, I can totally believe that it happened. I've read the Angry Pharmacist blog and many of the people who post there - pharmacists and techs - post similar sentiments about opiate addicts.

I'm sure he thought it would just be his word against yours...and who's going to believe a junkie, right??? I'm so glad that you had people who care enough about you to go stick up for you. We all deserve to be treated with dignity.

I was lucky when I was on Sub - the pharmacy (Walgreens) that I went to never even batted an eye at my prescription. Still, long before I was even a pill abuser, I remember getting a refill on my vicodin scrip after I'd had my appendix out. The pharmacist or tech or whoever was SURE that I was trying to fill my scrip early and I had to bust out a pen and paper to show her that I hadn't taken more than what was prescribed and that it was totally fine for me to be getting my refill. In fact, I had taken less than I was allowed to. You would think that the fact that the refill went through my insurance with no problem would have given her a clue, but she was just sure she was busting a junkie. It sucked and I was embarassed as the line grew behind me...plus, I was in pain. What a bitch.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Diary of a Quitter wrote:
Jeeze, bboy, what a shitty experience for you. While I never had an experience like that when I was on Sub, I can totally believe that it happened. I've read the Angry Pharmacist blog and many of the people who post there - pharmacists and techs - post similar sentiments about opiate addicts.

I'm sure he thought it would just be his word against yours...and who's going to believe a junkie, right??? I'm so glad that you had people who care enough about you to go stick up for you. We all deserve to be treated with dignity.

I was lucky when I was on Sub - the pharmacy (Walgreens) that I went to never even batted an eye at my prescription. Still, long before I was even a pill abuser, I remember getting a refill on my vicodin scrip after I'd had my appendix out. The pharmacist or tech or whoever was SURE that I was trying to fill my scrip early and I had to bust out a pen and paper to show her that I hadn't taken more than what was prescribed and that it was totally fine for me to be getting my refill. In fact, I had taken less than I was allowed to. You would think that the fact that the refill went through my insurance with no problem would have given her a clue, but she was just sure she was busting a junkie. It sucked and I was embarassed as the line grew behind me...plus, I was in pain. What a bitch.

Thankyou everyone for the kind words i just wanted to share this so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

See i think thats why he said those things to me Diary of a quitter because he was thinking he just busted a junkie and no matter how mean he is nothing will happen cause the script was either fake or i was early or so fourth.

Yea the only reason he got fired is cause it caused a big distraction to the point were other workers saw this. and once they found out the script was legit and every thing was how it should be he got fired.

Its cool suboxowned it is a crazy story. But at the end of the day i dont know any of you and this would not impress anyone so why would i lie about such a thing. You just got to see it from his point of view he deals with drug addicts all day trying to scam him and i was the one he was sure he caught so all that anger he builds up saying i cant prove it was brought on me cause im not gonna lie at this point in my life i still did look like a drugy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This makes me son angry I cannot be rational about it right now, so I'm going to hold off on posting what I really think about that f*****g knob in your pharmacy, man.

Edited vulgarity out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:19 pm 
I guess I'm just luck to because the pharamcists have never even acted a bit weird to me either when it comes to getting my subs. If they did though I dont think id be able to keep calm I have a short fuse as it is and am real touch when it comes to this subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

junkie781 wrote:
This makes me son angry I cannot be rational about it right now, so I'm going to hold off on posting what I really think about that f*****g knob in your pharmacy, man.

Edited vulgarity out

See that was the hard part about this whole thing. I was out of meds for the next day so i didnt know how to react if you know what i mean. Cause at this stage a relapse was real easy so i just kept my cool for as long as i could cause in the back of my mind i need those meds. and when i first started sub i was with a new dr for a lil bit so she didnt know me. so if i call and say this happened for all i know she will think im drug seeking. and i say call the pharmacy at this point i had no idea if this guys would get fired so he picks up the phone when she calls then what! But once the people in line started saying stuff to eachother is when i lost my cool and started acting like i should of from minute one it basicly got to the point were i said F$$$ the meds im gonna tell this guys whatsup and tell him off and see how he likes it. Which was prolly not the smartest thing cause at the end of the day i still didnt get my meds that night.

I know im a grown man but if it wasnt for my mom and dad going to the store the next day i prolly would of relapsed. But my mom really took it in her own hands after she saw how upset it made me. And when she told me he got fired on spot was great cause if i went i prolly would of just got taken away in hand cuffs or even worst in serious leagal trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I only ever had a problem once with the pharmacy early on where they screwed up my script. They had billed the insurance incorrectly....i.e. for whatever reason I no longer recall, they billed it late. Then when I went back for my new script they said insurance wouldn't cover because it was being filled too early. I told them this was their error and not my error. They still wouldn't do it. I ended up in the drive thru calling my insurance company. The insurance company said to tell them they are required to fill that script and not to charge me more than insurance. They would have to write off their mistake. Then he said when I got my script to go in and get it and to stand right there and count every single pill right in front of them to make sure they didn't try to screw me over. It was odd but I did what he said and made the pharmacy talk to the insurance company and ever since then I haven't had a single problem. When I come each month they smile, act professional, and sometimes fill it johnny on the spot without making me come back later for it. It is rather unfortunate when people have a pharmacy issue. But I would have to say on this site they are few and far between really. We don't hear it all that often.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jackcrack wrote:
I only ever had a problem once with the pharmacy early on where they screwed up my script. They had billed the insurance incorrectly....i.e. for whatever reason I no longer recall, they billed it late. Then when I went back for my new script they said insurance wouldn't cover because it was being filled too early. I told them this was their error and not my error. They still wouldn't do it. I ended up in the drive thru calling my insurance company. The insurance company said to tell them they are required to fill that script and not to charge me more than insurance. They would have to write off their mistake. Then he said when I got my script to go in and get it and to stand right there and count every single pill right in front of them to make sure they didn't try to screw me over. It was odd but I did what he said and made the pharmacy talk to the insurance company and ever since then I haven't had a single problem. When I come each month they smile, act professional, and sometimes fill it johnny on the spot without making me come back later for it. It is rather unfortunate when people have a pharmacy issue. But I would have to say on this site they are few and far between really. We don't hear it all that often.

Cherie

Same thing happen to me but with my sleeping pills. they billed the insurance late and then they said my insurance wouldnt cover it when i came for my refill. and this was like a 275 script and i have terriable insomia so i need my meds. Basicly i ran into a real nice lady and the scipt was only 4 days behind so she allowd me to get just 4 pills then come back for the rest when the insurance would cover it and she told me she would take care of everything and havent had a problem since. i would love to get my suboxone there but they do not carry it!

Post subject: pharm
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yea, i had a similar experience. i pay twenty bucks extra to go to a big name wharmay instead of a in network pharmacy with my insurace because i like them so much. when i went to get my film, i asked before i gave them the script if they had enough in stock to fill it, and they said it would only be fifteen min. i waited 30 and they said they couldnt fill it all the way. they sent me to neighboring town, they said they wont fill it b/c i was to early in the month to get it filled. i was pretty mad, and had to be middleman between pharmacies and finally they filled it, but b.c of this, im changing pharmicies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:07 pm 
I wasn't gonna post this, but since you brought it up......
After getting attitude for a 2nd time at my local Rite Aid last month, I decided to go to the CVS by my docs office, where he originally sent me because they carry Sub. I had my 1st script for the 2mg films. They said they didn't have enough, but called a CVS nearer to my home. That CVS said they had it, and the pharm tech faxed it over. A half hour later I arrive at the other CVS (this was during a mini-blizzard here in the northeast yesterday) and they have no idea who I am or what I'm talking about... said they never got a fax, etc. I went back out to my car and got the original script (thank God they gave it back to me) and was told they would fill it.
After waiting, they finally call my name, only to tell me that they don't have it. Again, I say that the other CVS called, then they finally admitted, oh yeah, we did get that call, but we only have the 8mg films. Now it's like 2 hours later, and I haven't had any sub in well over 24 hours. So I ask if they'll call my doc, cuz I usually get the pills anyway. So they call my doc right in front of me and he OK's the pills. Now for the finale....they finally fill the script with the pills - and they ask me for a photo ID! Even though they had just spoken to my doc while I was standing there. I was pissed. No one ever asked me for a photo ID when I was abusing painkillers.
I just felt so at their mercy. I had an appointment Fri. that the doc resceduled to Mon. so I was totally out of Sub and I knew I'd get sick if I didn't get it. This is the second month in a row where circumstances left me out of Sub.
I try to be grateful, and focus on how lucky I am to be in recovery and to have prescription insurance, but I've had one bad pharmacy experience after another (this one was mostly them just screwing up, but I've been treated like a junky in the past). Anyway, I know this is trivial compared to what bboy and others have gone through. I'm just fed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lilly wrote:
I wasn't gonna post this, but since you brought it up......
After getting attitude for a 2nd time at my local Rite Aid last month, I decided to go to the CVS by my docs office, where he originally sent me because they carry Sub. I had my 1st script for the 2mg films. They said they didn't have enough, but called a CVS nearer to my home. That CVS said they had it, and the pharm tech faxed it over. A half hour later I arrive at the other CVS (this was during a mini-blizzard here in the northeast yesterday) and they have no idea who I am or what I'm talking about... said they never got a fax, etc. I went back out to my car and got the original script (thank God they gave it back to me) and was told they would fill it.
After waiting, they finally call my name, only to tell me that they don't have it. Again, I say that the other CVS called, then they finally admitted, oh yeah, we did get that call, but we only have the 8mg films. Now it's like 2 hours later, and I haven't had any sub in well over 24 hours. So I ask if they'll call my doc, cuz I usually get the pills anyway. So they call my doc right in front of me and he OK's the pills. Now for the finale....they finally fill the script with the pills - and they ask me for a photo ID! Even though they had just spoken to my doc while I was standing there. I was pissed. No one ever asked me for a photo ID when I was abusing painkillers.
I just felt so at their mercy. I had an appointment Fri. that the doc resceduled to Mon. so I was totally out of Sub and I knew I'd get sick if I didn't get it. This is the second month in a row where circumstances left me out of Sub.
I try to be grateful, and focus on how lucky I am to be in recovery and to have prescription insurance, but I've had one bad pharmacy experience after another (this one was mostly them just screwing up, but I've been treated like a junky in the past). Anyway, I know this is trivial compared to what bboy and others have gone through. I'm just fed up.

The Id thing happen to me like 3 months ago. Ive gone to this pharm. for years they all know me by first name and the lady that checked me out has checked me out at least 30 times. Well there was a mix up with my scipt for some reason so they had to call my dr like they did for you talked to him right infront of me. the doc assured them everything was ok and they can fill the scipt. the thing i hate about this is they have to bug your dr about something so stupid that they messed up in the first place. well anyways she says theyll fill it come back in a half hour keep in mine my script should of already been filled by now so i was a lil upset but said ok. So i come back after walking around the store, finnally its my turn so i say 50 bucks right wrong i need to see your ID b4 you i can give this to you?? im like are you serious you could of told me this a half hour ago. well any normal day i would say ok hear ya go well i dont bring my wallet with me to the pharm cause all i need is 50 bucks. so i have to drive home in the pooring rain get all wet just to get my id come back no were to park no umbrella so i walk in dripping water its a different lady now checking me out doesnt even ask for my ID man i was pissed.

But besides that and the story above thats reallly the only problems ive had. i get all my other scripts filled by my house wish i could get my sub there but they dont carry suboxone.

Post subject: Bboy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bboy,man I can not believe that a pharmacy would treat you like that. The asshole people at any pharmacy need to look at themselves and say maybe I should be a little more professional after all people that come and pay for prescriptions are paying my salary and therefor I have a job because of them.

Post subject: Re: Bboy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thesphinx wrote:
Bboy,man I can not believe that a pharmacy would treat you like that. The asshole people at any pharmacy need to look at themselves and say maybe I should be a little more professional after all people that come and pay for prescriptions are paying my salary and therefor I have a job because of them.

Yea he was def and older man so maybe he just was oldschool about things and didnt think he would get in trouble cause in his mind the script was early or fake! So he treated me as if i was a drug addict trying to fool him ya know. But once they found out everything was 100% leagal and fine is when they took real action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Lilly wrote:
Now for the finale....they finally fill the script with the pills - and they ask me for a photo ID! Even though they had just spoken to my doc while I was standing there. I was pissed. No one ever asked me for a photo ID when I was abusing painkillers.

I had a few similar experiences, that also put me in danger of running out and/ or relapsing. Walgreen's wouldn't give me my refill because it was less than 30 days from the day the original script was filled. Thing was, I was supposed to go out of town the next day. They said it was a law or something. I don't know if that was true, but I pointed out to the pharmacist that if she didn't refill my suboxone I was likely to go out and score smack on the street. She just shrugged her shoulders. Nice...

That was nearly 3 years ago when I first got on suboxone. Now that I'm preggers, I've been put on subutex. Oh, that's been LOTS of fun. See, most pharmacists don't know anything about bupe and pregnancy. Anyway I had gone to a different pharmacy (one that my doc recommends). My doc had written "patient is pregnant" on the script because the insurance company won't cover buprenorphine UNLESS you are pregnant. Anyway, the pharmacist refused to fill the script because he said it's contraindicated for pregnant women. Then I got into a huge argument with him in front of staff and other customers. I had all the research my doc had given me in my purse, so I showed it to him. Then I took my very expensive prescription to a different pharmacy that has never once questioned anything I've handed them. So MEH on him!!

BBoy your experience would've pushed me over the edge. I understand that suboxone gets abused, but I will never understand the assumption made by some pharmacists that anyone filling a script for sub is looking to score. I wish it was better understood, instead of it being seen as just another narcotic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Man on man, I have had to deal with pharmacists all my life. I too have always
been on controlled meds like benzos of every kind, darvocet, Lortab, hydrocodone
whatever..... there is just something about being a pharmacist that must really
contradict certain people and turn them into complete assholes.

Someone mentioned Walgreens , they train their rph's to be total assholes.
I remember one time I went in to get a refill on some control and she said
it was too early. I asked her what the date was that I got the last script filled
and she fucking lied to me! Then she got irate because she didn't like being
called a lousy liar. I mean... I had to go home and find the original bottle to
bring to show that she was lying or "had it wrong" .

I guess most of them are T totaler's and they go haywire when they have to
give out this TERRIBLE POISONOUS DOPE . I mean , I guess they're really
ignorant of what it's like to have to take narcotics and sleeping pills and
whatever the fuck else. There is one pharmacy in my hometown that won't
even do business with me. I asked for my Ativan refill too soon chronically.
Maybe I came in their trashed? I dunno. I am grown up now. I remember
the very last time I got to put my name in the DEA narcotic register
to sign for some CV (five)codeine cough syrup, I heard the old
man mumbling that I was gonna "drink it all at once" lol he
was half right!