It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Im Backkkk! PLEASE HELP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys ive been away from the forum for a lil bit cause im finishing up my major an have had no time at all bewteen class an my intern ship to post and read up.

anyways was at the dr today an was switched over to the films an got a few questions.

Basicly can i cut them in half an what do i do with the other half of film till i take it??????

AN most importantly i have a large amount of sub tabletts left over from the past 4 years of suboxone treatment and was wondering! Can i still take pills while on the films as well???? cause i take 16 mgs a day for my pain issues and oxy recovery of a few years on 160 mgs aday. basicly some days are realy bad pain for me in my knee an i like to take a full 8 mg tab b4 bed! so would it be ok to take my film in the day time an a pill at night time cause a pill is alot easier to take when im falling a sleep over cutting these films all up!

Please any help would be app.

Also notice a few people trying to figure out why they are makeing the switch. ok first off these are not my words they are what my dr told me so if you disagree its not with me so please dont start trolling in this thread thanks.

OK the reason they are makeing the switch is because alot of suboxone pills have been reaching the streets an their have been alot of people arrested for sales of these pills and more and more kids are starting to abuse suboxone. Crazy yes how do you get high on it but lets be honest unless your on sub for a long time if you take it once in a while you are gonna get high off it. i recall my first day i was looppy as hell. any ways with the films they are hopeing the sales of suboxone will be lowered cause with the films each box has a number same as each package and if sold in tact with the packageing it can be tracked back to whom ever. An more an more drs are haveing people come in to get this medication just to go a sale it to pay for their drug of choice herion painkillers you know the deal. SO with these films that it wont be as easy as it was with pills. cause once the pills leave the pharmacy they are gone for ever vs the films can be tracked better.

anyways sorry for the bad spelling on my cell phone an its all touch screen so its hard to spell everything proper!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey stranger! It's good to "see" you again. I'm happy to hear you're doing well and working hard in school. I haven't picked up the film yet, I'm due to today or tomorrow. I don't see why you can't take the pills while you're on the film and vice versa. They are basically the same thing. You should be fine doing so.

When I spoke to my doctor about the film last week I asked him if he thought the manufacturer came out with the film so that they would have a brand new patent on their hands. He said he thought it was very possible. I happen to agree with that theory. Of course the drug reps are going to say diversion is the reason, and maybe it's part of it, but having a new patent has got to be good for RB, too. Just my take.

Again, it's good to have you back, Bboy. Keep up the good work.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
Hey stranger! It's good to "see" you again. I'm happy to hear you're doing well and working hard in school. I haven't picked up the film yet, I'm due to today or tomorrow. I don't see why you can't take the pills while you're on the film and vice versa. They are basically the same thing. You should be fine doing so.

When I spoke to my doctor about the film last week I asked him if he thought the manufacturer came out with the film so that they would have a brand new patent on their hands. He said he thought it was very possible. I happen to agree with that theory. Of course the drug reps are going to say diversion is the reason, and maybe it's part of it, but having a new patent has got to be good for RB, too. Just my take.

Again, it's good to have you back, Bboy. Keep up the good work.

Hey hat glad to be back and thankyou for the warm welcome. hope all is well. yea i just wasnt sure if i shouldnt take the pills while on the flim i know its the same but with suboxone you never know. if you yourself take the film and pills once or twice during the same day please let me know to help me relax lol! but yea as of the reason why they are doing films i really dont know why. all i know is if it will help reduce the abuse of subs in any way im all for it. the more an more im finding out with going to school to be a chemical dependency dr that kids are useing suboxone to get high all over my town. its actually scary cause when your just starting with pain killers your tolerance isnt very high and 8mg of suboxone has put beginers in the hospital cause of the effect the bup has on them.

any ways im just happy to be back and cant wait to try this film cause from what ive read some say its stronger an this is a bad time of year for my knee cause the cold weather is a killer on makeing it stiff!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with Hatmaker and you could take the pill no problem. I think there are many reasons for the film. I do think it is a bit stronger possibly but it was only noticable to me the first day and then after that it just seems the same.

As for storing the ones you have cut up.....that is an interesting question. I have been using some nose/ear hair scissors I bought at the store because they are small and easy to use. Then I put the half back into the package it came in and fold it over once so the air isn't getting at it and tape it. I stick it back in the script bottle. I only cut one at a time which sucks but keep the scissors in my purse. Men could always get one of those little facial kits that are small and fit in your pocket or something and throw a few sub packets in there with the scissors. Little baggies would be helpful also because they zip closed and I think it would keep it fresher but I am uncertain where to get those.

Good to see you back. Good luck with your classes.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jackcrack wrote:
I agree with Hatmaker and you could take the pill no problem. I think there are many reasons for the film. I do think it is a bit stronger possibly but it was only noticable to me the first day and then after that it just seems the same.

As for storing the ones you have cut up.....that is an interesting question. I have been using some nose/ear hair scissors I bought at the store because they are small and easy to use. Then I put the half back into the package it came in and fold it over once so the air isn't getting at it and tape it. I stick it back in the script bottle. I only cut one at a time which sucks but keep the scissors in my purse. Men could always get one of those little facial kits that are small and fit in your pocket or something and throw a few sub packets in there with the scissors. Little baggies would be helpful also because they zip closed and I think it would keep it fresher but I am uncertain where to get those.

Good to see you back. Good luck with your classes.

Cherie

yea thats what i was thinking i will do just put the other half back in the package then put in a ziplock bag or like you said tape it then put in a lil baggie or pill bottle. im not gonna lie i am a lil upset about the change. cause i have OCD an im on meds for it but being on the pills for close to 4 years now an this switch is def affecting my mood. an ive talked with the dr about keeping me on the pills an said he would but the whole office has to switch to films cause they have to many issues with paients selling their scripts so now even someone like myself who has never missed a app, never failed a drup screen an so fourth even has to bring in all my empty film packages to prove im takeing my scripts. this is def made me really upset cause the trust that i thought we had seems like its no more. but then again im the only paitent he will see every other month an write 2 suboxone scripts for this month an one for the other but still if he will do that then why cant i stay on the pills or at least not have to bring all my garbage aka empty packs with me????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bboy42287 wrote:
yea thats what i was thinking i will do just put the other half back in the package then put in a ziplock bag or like you said tape it then put in a lil baggie or pill bottle. im not gonna lie i am a lil upset about the change. cause i have OCD an im on meds for it but being on the pills for close to 4 years now an this switch is def affecting my mood. an ive talked with the dr about keeping me on the pills an said he would but the whole office has to switch to films cause they have to many issues with paients selling their scripts so now even someone like myself who has never missed a app, never failed a drup screen an so fourth even has to bring in all my empty film packages to prove im takeing my scripts. this is def made me really upset cause the trust that i thought we had seems like its no more. but then again im the only paitent he will see every other month an write 2 suboxone scripts for this month an one for the other but still if he will do that then why cant i stay on the pills or at least not have to bring all my garbage aka empty packs with me????

This is so dumb. Do doctors not realize that addicts are devious? Like if I (hypothetically, of course) wanted to sell my Suboxone films I wouldn't take them out of the packages first? Especially if I was getting them from a doctor who said they wanted to count my used film packages? Duh. Same thing with the idea that the films can be tracked by the lot number on the package, allowing the cops to figure out who is selling their scrip. If you're so dumb that you sell your Sub films still in the packages with the lot number stamped on it, I guess you deserve to get caught.

If you need little baggies to keep your films in after you cut them or whatever, you can get them at a head shop or sometimes bead/jewelry stores have them as well.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
When I spoke to my doctor about the film last week I asked him if he thought the manufacturer came out with the film so that they would have a brand new patent on their hands. He said he thought it was very possible. I happen to agree with that theory.

Diversion is not the rationale and anyone who is paying even a tiny bit of attention should know that. This is all about money. The clock starts over on the film. No generic version for what, 6 years? Or it is it 10 now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My dr. also told me that the reason they switched to the film, was so that the pills wouldn't be sold as easily on the street b/c the film has numbers on it to trace. But,k seriously.......you an take them out of the package and still put them in baggies. HELLO!

Yeah, yu can easily interchange the pills and the film. It's all the same. Good luck to you!

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey thankyou guys for the replys. def got both of my questions answered so thankyou for that.

as of the switch im just going off what the dr told me at the end of the day we will have to see what happens. but i also was thinking the same thing just take the films out of the package and sell them! It kills me to think that kids or anyone are abuseing suboxone to get high. all the wonders this drug has done for all of us hear an too know people are useing sub in the wrong way just upsets me. thats my main goal in life is to talk at high schools about drug use to get to the kids b4 its to late.

Post subject: Dr. Appt.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had my appointment this week with my sub doc. He told me last visit that he was meeting with the RB rep later that day to go over the new film and that I would be switching on my next visit.

I have found my doctor and his practice(suboxone only and he sells the pills in the office) a little shady but he checked out ok and other than the fact he is about 90 years old he is a cash business only (you have to be buzzed in like a jewelry store) he is very straight forward and his thought process is a little gruff. This week I went for my appointment and the office was packed......no chairs to sit in. After I paid my $175 I was told due to the new film the good doctor has taken on some new patients and he is currently 45 minutes behind. I said that would have been nice to know as I had a meeting to attend 1 hour after my appointment but then I remembered I am a junkie and how dare I think I should be notified the Dr is running late.....ha.

I noticed alot of new patients and people were talking about the film and I overheard one guy say these will be easy to cut and they absorb so much faster so his people should be happy. I wanted to say something but didn't. While I sat there I saw 5 NEW patients-first visit walk in and out in 5 minutes with their script for the new film. They all had their booklets....so I guess induction doesn't happen anymore there. I heard the lady tell one patient the Dr is pushing hard to get the strips in the office so he can sell them. Currently he offers the suboxone 8mg tablet for $7.95 each.

My name gets called and back I go. I pulled out my bottle to show him the 5 tablets I should have available based on my current taper 8mg every day-on 3rd day take 3/4 of 8mg tablet to get down to 7mg. He said put that away I didn't ask to see those. "you want the strips"?... I said do I have an option? He said "hurry up......strips or the pills". I said I like the way things are now. He said ok and printed out a script for 30 8mg tablets. I said do you want me to start to taper lower or stay the same? He said just keep doing what your doing........See you next month. When I opened the door the guy in the waiting room was standing there with one of his staff and walked in as I was walking out........In the lobby 4 more people had arrived. What is going on?

This is what scares me the most is losing my Dr and not being able to get another one in a timely manner. I am not saying he is doing anything wrong but something has changed and the level of care definitely has declined......in just one month.
I had prepared myself to start the strips but it looks like I am in control of my recovery. I will keep updated on all of those of you on the strips and perhaps next month I will take that leap and go with the change.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello RR,

Wow, that sounds like a really crappy place, and I thought my Dr. wasn't all that great. Are there other doctors in your area? Maybe you should look into it? It sounds like things are a little shaddy going on there.

At my Dr.'s office i've never even seen another person there. It's not even like a dr.'s office. It's a small house with like 3 rooms in it, and the room I go in to meet with the dr. looks like a therapy room with 2 couches and a chair. No nurses or receptionists, just me and the doctor. He's really nice ,but i think I know more about subs than he does :lol: Last visit I went in and asked if I could get the strips instead and he had know idea what I was talking about. I think he didn't even believe me untill I went online and showed him. He was so suprised, I go on wendsday and he said he would give them to me this time.

I did try one the other day and I liked them a lot better. I felt better on a 4mgs than I do when I take 6mgs, I really hope I can get them this time when I go.

Anyway i'm sorry your Dr. wasn't very nice thats really shitty :cry: Good luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey jim i read your whole post an got to say im a lil scard about how things sound with this dr. Haveing freedom in your recovery is prolly not the best thing. cause at one point we all had freedom to get clean an it didnt work our way. so the dr is sorrda our life line in a sense that we need there help to get clean cause we couldnt do it ourselfs. THis dr seems like its all about the money period. ive had 2 sub drs an both of them would ask me questions about my month an how thing are going an i would be back with them for 10 mins at the least. I just think your best option is stick with this sub dr till you can get into another drs practice. so then you will still be on the subs till you find a dr that meets your needs! It takes alot to get help in the first place an this dr sorrda doesnt seem to care about your needs but more so the money cause what it sounds like is hes seeing as many people a day as he can.

We all want the best for you an i dont think this dr is the best option from what it sounds like!

and i got to say ive never heard of a dr selling pills out his office like that but then again every office is different!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:18 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

We don't have this film stuff in the Uk as far as I know. I rang my counsellor last week and made an appointment for this Wednesday, and I'm gonna ask him if the film will be introduced here any time soon.I must say, there seems to be very little selling on of suboxone here, probably because A. the heroin is so easy to get and B. suboxone is easily obtained from the addiction clinics in Britain. They don't turn anyone away as far as I know, if you have a narcotic problem just sign on and they will help, whether you're a 'straight' person or have been committing crimes to obtain drugs. Our government recognises that it's cheaper to treat the disease than let crime run rampant, and they actively encourage addicts to get help. We're so lucky here now, it wasn't always like this .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SneakyElephant wrote:
We don't have this film stuff in the Uk as far as I know. I rang my counsellor last week and made an appointment for this Wednesday, and I'm gonna ask him if the film will be introduced here any time soon.I must say, there seems to be very little selling on of suboxone here, probably because A. the heroin is so easy to get and B. suboxone is easily obtained from the addiction clinics in Britain. They don't turn anyone away as far as I know, if you have a narcotic problem just sign on and they will help, whether you're a 'straight' person or have been committing crimes to obtain drugs. Our government recognises that it's cheaper to treat the disease than let crime run rampant, and they actively encourage addicts to get help. We're so lucky here now, it wasn't always like this .

wow glad to see suboxone in other places to help. we all have a common problem at the end of the day so sub should be their to help everyone is my view no matter how bad or good the persons past is. yea that suck herion is so easy to obtain out their or addiction wouldnt be as bad as it is im sure. out my way H is not easy to get unless you know the right people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I initially had the same worry when I first switched to the sublingual film. What I do is take the extra pieces and put them back in the foil pouch....then I put them in an empty Listerine container. You have to cut the foil pouch up so it is smaller so it fits better. I use small stainless steel grooming scissors and needle-nose pointed tweezers. I try not to touch the films as much as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, ReRaise, that sounds like a pretty shady operation there.....is there any reason why you can't at least look around for another option while you're still on that guy's case load? I think I'd probably try to find someone else if my doctor's office ran that way. My doctor has not mentioned the strips at all. I'm perfectly fine with the pills anyway, so I don't care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mike T wrote:
I initially had the same worry when I first switched to the sublingual film. What I do is take the extra pieces and put them back in the foil pouch....then I put them in an empty Listerine container. You have to cut the foil pouch up so it is smaller so it fits better. I use small stainless steel grooming scissors and needle-nose pointed tweezers. I try not to touch the films as much as possible.

Yea this sucks but every one in the program for the first couple months has to bring every empty pouch back to prove they are takeing the films. no matter how good or bad youve done everyone which upset me cause ive never messed up for 4 years but have to prove im takeing my meds. any ways yea i got same scissors as well didnt get tweezers mayb ill have to do so.

from your point of view hows the taste of the films?????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:30 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

At my last appointment with my doctor, I asked her about the film because I thought it would be easier to cut and get more even "pieces" of it than the pills. She simply gave me a couple of 8 mg films to try along with my usual prescription of just pills. She's NEVER mentioned switching me to just the film.... Anyway, she told me I could cut it in heart shapes if I wanted to because it was evenly distributed across the films. But, she recommended my cutting them in half, then cutting the half in half.

Well, I took a quarter of an 8 mg pill in the morning and that night when I got home, I took a quarter of a film. Then it hit me... What in the hell do I do with the leftovers??? You absolutely CANNOT get it wet.... So, I dug the package out of the garbage, put the film back in the package, folded the package over, and put a piece of Scotch tape over it to keep it safe.

So yes, you can take both a pill and a film in the same day. Storage of them is a pain in the ass when cutting them up, though. My suggestion is to open the package carefully at the top, slide your film out, cut off what you need, and slide it back in, fold it over and tape it closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Also a small zip top baggie. Although maybe that could be a kind of trigger for some? Really any size ziplock works fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Libra wrote:
At my last appointment with my doctor, I asked her about the film because I thought it would be easier to cut and get more even "pieces" of it than the pills. She simply gave me a couple of 8 mg films to try along with my usual prescription of just pills. She's NEVER mentioned switching me to just the film.... Anyway, she told me I could cut it in heart shapes if I wanted to because it was evenly distributed across the films. But, she recommended my cutting them in half, then cutting the half in half.

Well, I took a quarter of an 8 mg pill in the morning and that night when I got home, I took a quarter of a film. Then it hit me... What in the hell do I do with the leftovers??? You absolutely CANNOT get it wet.... So, I dug the package out of the garbage, put the film back in the package, folded the package over, and put a piece of Scotch tape over it to keep it safe.

So yes, you can take both a pill and a film in the same day. Storage of them is a pain in the ass when cutting them up, though. My suggestion is to open the package carefully at the top, slide your film out, cut off what you need, and slide it back in, fold it over and tape it closed.

Lol i agree so much thats the one other thing i hate about the films what about the left overs. I did the same thing just carefully open the package and put it back. but i cant tell you how many times already ive had to pick threw my garbage cause i just throw the empty packs away but i always remember a day latter i have to bring them in. so my mom walks in one day im digging threw the garbage then she sees me clean this lil foil thing with a paper towel she had to think i was crazy.