It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

startin suboxone tommorw at 10am today took last 1 and half 15mg morphine at 8:30am this morning. Also been taking 1mg Xanax a day. Can I take another Xanax without having to worry about precipitated withdrawls..I know its not good to mix. Will not continue when get stable. Just need to make it threw the night and it helps with the anxiety is why I asking.. And due you think that time frame is long enuff before getting on suboxone. Cuz last time I switched from 35mg methadone to suboxone and think did to early and felt pretty bad.. Ive benn using 50-80mg percs and few Xanax and day and sometimes I took 1 30 oxy and 50mg prcs a day. Hard to say really but wasn't as bad as my first go at it. I was on suboxone for 7 yrs. Clean whole time till this feb. when policy changes screwd me and I thought I could kick it. Well I didn't make it and getn back on before gets any worse..Thanks

Last edited by YaBackonit on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Xanax will not affect PWs or interfere with suboxone induction. In fact, you should not abruptly stop taking the xanax, especially at a crucial time like this. If your goal is to quit xanax, can you talk to your doctor about a proper taper after you've induced and stable on suboxone?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks dint think so but iam not prescribed them have enough to taper and going to be honest with the dr. tomorrow when I see them. I due want this I reached out. But my big worry is the timing to get started. I remember the switch last time and dam it sucked. The nurse new what I took today the morphine and she said I should be ok. But also never met me in person yet. Then when I brought up benzo she kind of freaked out. How mixing you can die. Which i know. So plan on stopping the Xanax. ASAP. I just worry to much about those precipitated withdrawals...Either way ill let ya know. Tomorrow is the day for changes. :?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

She's either very weary of how much xanax you've been taking or she is overly cautious. Mixing of drugs should always be taken seriously but there are countless people who are legally prescribed benzos and pain meds. You should definitely let your doctor know.

Will you be forced to induce in the office or will they let you take home your script? You definitely want to be in withdrawals before you take suboxone. Hopefully your doctor will be supervising the induction if it is in the office. Make sure he knows that you want to avoid PWs at all costs and hopefully he'll score you on the cows chart.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I will be getting dosed there that's the problem there hrs.. but will be getting on prescription in future..(of course that Dr. out for week) So getting on just to start program for a week or so just cause im ready now cant wait on the other Dr..Thanks sure they will use COWS... wish me luck :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Switching from Methadone to Suboxone is a bear.

Going to Suboxone from Morphine or Oxy's is very straightforward. 24 hours is usually plenty of time when going to Suboxone from Morphine or Oxy's. As long as your doctor uses the COWS, you should be fine.

Methadone stays in your system for days and days and days, that's why it's a hard switch. The other meds, Morphine and Oxy (instant release) clear your system fairly quickly.

I agree with Tiny about the Xanax. Xanax can be very dangerous with Suboxone because they're both CNS depressants, but the danger is most acute with people who have no tolerance to one or both Xanax and a pain med or Suboxone.

Good luck tomorrow!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks both of you Romeo and Tiny made me feel a little better.I have OCD so I dwell on a lot things that's why said little better. Ya need the confidence did this once before like you said from methadone and 7 yrs clean. Besides marijuana. Hey just honest!!LOL Just let my guard down and found out the hard way think I could take 1 or 2 to help finally sleep coming off the sub in Feb.-March Well here we are took time but not missing a day. Lesson learned now starting over. So glad 4 the internet and people like you to take the time out of your day means a lot. Thanks when I get my crap together I think or I will pay this forward. Thanks Jason

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Getting off P.C for the night. So quit thinking about it. But will let you know how it went. Thanks again Just worried not feeling that bad but its 9:30 here. But From now till 10a.m a lot can change that's for sure. But did take 1mg Xanax thru the day. Maybe why.. Dam so disappointed doing this again. Just had to say that. Thanks again

Last edited by YaBackonit on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ooh, a fellow OCD sufferer? Romeo and I know the drill :) I have it too, my husband and his family are members of the club as well. My father in-law literally wrote a book on it and was a national spokesman for OCD for quite some time. I do have a theory that some OCD sufferers turn to drugs to medicate.

Good luck tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jason, how did your night go? Give us an update when you get a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry took so long to post. Busy day!But it went great they were nice and made me feel at ease. I took 10valiuM tho last night about 1am low back and anxiety. But that was it. Felt ok in the morning and dosed around noon..12mg(4mg every 20min) and i was pretty shocked felt good not goodgood or great. Keeping a positive atttitude and excited to get my mind back to were it was in Feb..So thats my update Happy and the switch went smooth. It 7.43p.m my time and still feel OK. But thanks for your positive feed back. And if anyone is switching onto suboxone from just opoites dont dwell on it just me honest with your times and things like that and you should be ok. Threw that in incase someone switching reads this. It not that bad..Key word tho is be honest with the time and open minded for this change and your induction jut fine. But back to me my little stomach queezy. But other then that i feel pretty good..Wondering if i should stay at 12mg or try 8mg tommorrw guess ill see how night goes..THANKS AGAIN ROMEO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thats good news! It can't hurt to see how you do on just 8mgs. That's a pretty standard dose for most people. Also, you said your stomach was a bit queasy which could be a sign that the 12mgs was a little much for you. At the very worst, the 8mgs doesn't hold you well enough, and you can adjust up again to 12.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ya gonna talk to the nurse 2mrw. Either way it will be nothing compared to just getting the first day over with. That was the toughest thing for me,just getting back on without PW and I made it. So happy but still have to take no more Xanax which I only took .25mg to .50 give or take- (broke piece of a bar)at about 9sh when stomach was queasy but not underplaying it but I think a day or 2 I hope and should be down or off. First is to get stable on the sub. while still facing that issue at the same kind. Which I would like to say I did take Klonapins( sorry bad spelling) for a few days when switched from methadone to sub and worked it out. But still be humble I don't want to under mind the issue. But thanks keep you posted on my progress and for caring to listen. And anyone new to read this and making the leap hope this gives you a sense that when ready its not that bad. :D :) :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad to hear everything went smoothly, that's super!!

As far as being on 8mg or 12mg, we usually recommend people get to the lowest dose of Suboxone that works for them. I would think 8mg would work just fine for you, maybe even a lower dose.....you have to be the judge of that. With that said, many of us have told our doctors we were on a higher dose while taking a lower dose to stockpile some meds. It's always nice to have a week or two of meds saved up in case something crazy happens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just keepn ya posted. I went in explained like did to you what they say go to 16mg what i due i listen . and feel worse. I try to tell them i was on internet and sounded like dose was to high. They get little defensive "You cant be readn that stuff on the interenet" So i fall into there b.s But went in today went to 12mg and going to 8mg tommrow see how i feel.You guys were right. But ill let ya know how im doing thanks Again..