It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Back to once a month?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My regular doc is out for unknown reasons, and his replacement told me that a new law states I must see the doctor once a month again, I was on a every 3 month schedule with my regular doc, where he'd write the scrips in advance and put "Do not fill until xx/xx/xx" on them, that way I didn't have to stop by his office and pick up the 2 scrips between visits. There was no charge for this - I just walked in and signed for my scrip and was on my way. Now we're talking full blown office visits that I have to pay for - without insurance.

Has anyone else who was on a 3 month cycle been told it's back to once a month again? I'm currently unemployed and without insurance, this is going to put a big dent in my bank account.

Thanks
J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I only see my doctor once every three months, too. The last time I saw him was less than two weeks ago. He did not mention anything to me about any changes. As per usual, he gave me my script with two refills. Maybe your doctor's office simply has a new office policy regarding this. I did a quick Google search and found nothing. As far as I know, suboxone refills are under the same laws as other controlled substances and don't have special refill requirements - but I could be wrong on that.

Hopefully your original doctor will be back soon and things can go back to normal for you. Let us know how it works out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah, I got a weird feeling when he told me that, and i get a bad vibe from this guy in whole, but, until my regular doc, who bends over backward to make things easy on me mentally and financially returns, I'm stuck with this other guy. I may call SAMSHA and see if they know anything about it.

I just have that "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck" feeling about this temporary doc and this once a month thing.

Thanks for your help Hat

J

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I too see my doc every three months. I am POSITIVE that on a Federal level, there is no requirement for Suboxone or any other Schedule III drug that you see a doc once a month. Hell, even the schedule II drugs do not require this. Now, having said that, there "COULD" be a state law that has happened in the state you are in - although I strongly doubt it.

Now, I am not certain on this, but I always thought that it was not lawful to post or pre date scripts. I am not positive on this - I just remember hearing that this should not be done. Although, the way to get around it, is to put "Do not fill until" on the script - rather than dating it "October 1" or something.

And if all else fails, as is the case with Hat's doc, up to six months of refills are allowed for Schedule III drugs - PLUS the doc is allowed to call in Suboxone. It does not require a written script.

So all in all, there are multiple ways around all of this. Then again, I don't think any of that matters as this doc is just trying to get you to pay for 12 office visits a year rather than 4 office visits a year - which certainly is not rocket science to figure out why that is going on.

Perhaps even worse, if this doc is lying, that really, really, really gets to me. If you can't trust your doc, who the hell can you trust? And if he is going to lie to you about something like this - what else would he lie to you about? I hope you are able to get your old doc back - or it might be time to look for a new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

What's up with your regular doc? Do you know how long he will be gone or is there any way of contacting him? I would hope if something happend to my regular doc it would be the same type of practice with a new one. Maybe not after reading your situation. I would hate to start at square one and have to build trust over years with a new doc. Good luck, let us know how it plays out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah, I got a real weird feeling when he told me about the once a month rule - BUT, I am in Florida, so anything can be possible in this circus.

I don't know what's going on with my regular doc - it's some big secret I guess, because I've gently pried about why and when he'll be back and just get a "Don't worry, He'll be back"

Here's the real deal though kids. It would be cheaper for me to switch to on-line pharms instead of paying for the office visit and the scrips. I'm unemployed, and in Florida that means less than min, wage.

I have no trouble switching from PK's to bupe - I've done it easily after several surgeries. So, I may just go the OP route for for my xanax and substitute ultram or tramadol for my bupe until my regular doc comes back. I don't know - I just know I don't like this new guy at all.

Thanks for the responses

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That sounds a little strange to me too. I was just "upgraded" by my doctor to seeing him every other month instead of every month. He simply writes my prescription with one refill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Have you ever successfully had narqotics delivered by mail before?
I heard an FBI agent involved in this type of thing say 99% of the time you put your credit card# and other info into their site you've been duped...Stolen Identity.

I wouldn't mess with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Typical "replacement doc" advise. On the other hand , I have only gotten a refill on my Sub
ONCE in 8 years of being on it( well on and off but mostly on)
and that was an accident on the pharmacists part so you were lucky to get
a 3month refill break out of any doc! They want that cash, that's probabaly the leading
reason why this new doc wants to see you more often. Also docs have to take so many
precautions because if they don't, they go from doctor with CS license to a doc
with just an Rx license. Not being able to prescribe controls really limits
a doctor. They can give you Ultram and Soma, maybe Fiorcet but nothing
else.

Funny Soma is not federally controlled. I remember a LONG time ago when
Stadol NS was a non-control.

Post subject: Not so bad
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I myself used to have to go to the dr once a week. No matter what he just wanted his money. Just found a dr that will see me once a month and I couldnt be happier. Hopefully soon it will be at every 3 months. But for now Its not that bad. Sorry its not working for you. But it could be worse. Wishing you luck that it turns around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

In my time on sub, I was told all sorts of crap that was justified as being "something they were required to do". The two worst were not being allowed generic bupe "because it is only for induction and pregnant women", the other being forced to submit to an observed UDS.....witnessed by a member of the opposite sex! The office was staffed entirely by women, so no man was available, but can you imagine the brouhaha if some woman was told she must let a man watch her pee??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I guess just to verify that there is no new law or rule in place (at least federally) about how frequently you have to see your sub doctor, I just saw my sub doctor on Wednesday of this week and was given my typical prescription with one refill. So I won't be seeing him again until February.

He told me if I can keep up the good work, after another year at this level he'll write me 90 day supplies.