It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

well its the same story every body got,,,did to many pills and became dependant on them,,,hooked,,,,i also had back sergery but that was 5yrs ago,lol,,im fixed my backs not that bad,,nothing advil cant fix.I used my back for an excuse to get pills...i pissed dirty in pain managent and almost got kicked out because of other pills in my system.I would run out and have to go hunting for oxys,,thats all i could take,,,,i was in the hood one day looking for them blues, had to meet someone there,and thought to myself this is just nuts..this is what it has come down to,,it just got crazy when i ran,,i decided enough is enough,,,,ive been of for about 3weeks now,,went and saw sub dctor and told him my issue and got me a script,,,well i want to get off these things also,,,but im going to take my time,,,i only take 2 8mg a day,,i got for 3 a day,,ill just put some away,,i was taking 3 a day,but anyways been doing alot of reading on this site,,theres some good info. Its very encouraging to see so many people with the same struggle trying to make a change in their lives,,,,,what is the diffrence between suboxone and subutex i think it is?,,,besides the price,...

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi and welcome....ahhh yes,the chase for the next pill,when were running low.It's exhausting physically and emotionally.@4 hours a day.Thinking do I have enough for the day/week etc.I hated that! And I am so glad to be free of those thoughts right now.

Suboxone had naltrexone in it and subutex does not. forgive me if I read your post and forgot something...did you say after 3 weeks of not using your drug of choice,it is then you went on suboxone? Your wd's from the other pills was probably over,so I am guessing you went on subs to maintain abstinence?

Regarding your dosage,he prescribed 24 mg a day and you are comfortable at 16 mg a day,that's a good thing!Speak to your doc.and see how low you can get your dose and still feel ok...sub is a very powerful drug and has a ceiling,I believe at 4 mg's,in other words...for "some" 4 mg's is just as effective as 24 mg's etc.But speak to your doc.! People on this forum are a wonderful guide as well.Best of luck!keep us posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:13 am 
New Poster
New Poster

yes it has been 3 weeks going on my 4th week ,,,no pills,,,,i feel great,,,i have a little sore throut now though,i hope it aint from the suboxone,,it didnt do that in the bigining,but yeah im so glad even my mentality has changed,the way i think and act,everything has got better,,