It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Back again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone I posted a story on here back in January when I found out I was HIV positive. I was on sub then but I decided to quite cold turkey because of wanting to focus on getting on HIV meds and so forth with that treatment. Anyways, to make a long story short, I was clean from everything for about 3 months. Slowly heroin crept its way back into my life. the HIV meds were making me sick at first and that was when I really felt like I needed to take something for pain. I didn't shoot up, THANK GOD! Suboxone is a miracle to me in life. I decided to get back on it and quite everything, except my HIV meds of course. Today was my first day back on Sub after being off it for 7 months. I feel really good about staying off all the other shit i was putting in my body. Also i was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice about being on suboxone and being HIV positive. Does the Meds have any interactions with SUB? I googled it and didn't find anything but I really didn't wanna talk to my SUB doctor about me having HIV. I just didn't wanna get turned down for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Cryonight and welcome back! I'm so proud of you and you should be as well.

About your meds...the best thing to do is to ask your pharmacist. Do you fill all your medications at the same pharmacy? If you do, then I'm sure they are all fine to take together, otherwise they would have warned you of an interaction between them already. The pharmacies I've always used were great about telling me about any possible interactions without me having to ask. But if you have concerns or you don't fill them at the same pharmacy, just ask them and they'll be happy to tell you.

Do you really think your sub doc would be that discriminatory? Have you found that to be an issue? Gosh, I hate to think it's still bad, but I sure hope it's better than it was in the 80's.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WELCOME back!!!!

glad you found us, agian!!!!!

you are very brave, to be fighting BOTH of these fights, especially at the same time!!!

good for you !!!!

I think hatmakers idea is perfect, in that you wont have to involve your reg suboxone doctor in the question!!!

One of my very good friends, is HIV+, has been for about 5 years. when she gets a cold/flu or something its usually worse than a 'normal' person (whatever that is!) but other than that, she has hardly any issues at all. you know, at first I was a little freaked out, cuz of growing up in the 80s, when everyone was scared of hiv/aids. But I dont ever think about it now, unless SHE brings it up!!

we are here for you!!!!

wishing you the best, in everything you do :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/