It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Back.....again
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just checking in---day 6 since my jump from 1.5 and I feel great. The only symptom is tiredness---but I can deal with that!!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you. I am Queenie, the grandmother of the forum (71 yrs. old). Yep, a granny on subs. I had many surgeries, 2 leg amputations and therefore addiction to pain medication.

I just want to say that I read all your posts and I admire you for all you are doing to stay off subs and get that nursing job. I want you to know I am rooting for you and wish you all the best. Don't give up. Don't give in. You can do it. I will be thinking about you and praying for you(if you don't mind). I'm glad to see that My Romeo is keeping up with you. Take his advice. He is good people. I will check in on your posts to see how you're doing. Wishing you all the best and a hug.

Love, Queenie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much Queenie! Very nice to meet you! I appreciate the well wishes and prayers! And I do agree, Romeo is definitely good people!!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone.
Just wanted to check in real quick. Last time I was here I never came back and checked in or tried to support anyone else....possibly because I relapsed! So I don't want to do that this time around! Anyhow---day 9 and I am feeling pretty great! Sleeping a tad better.
I was really nervous because I was jumping off of 1.5mg but I think that since I was only on it for about 3-4 months that helped a lot.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Salem, glad to hear you're doing so well, that's great!!

Now that you're off Suboxone and "working without a net", I hope you're putting some effort into your continued recovery.

Rock On!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I absolutely am! I am very fortunate to have been in and out of the rooms here for 16 years so I have a huge support system and all of my friends, including my best friend, have over 7 years clean. I am blessed in that regard. I also am extremely involved in my church. Never thought I would say that, but it works for me! Anyhow, I am sticking to my plan and feeling happy to be clean for the first time. In the past, the second I stopped using I began seeking ways to fill that void with substances that were "opiate like". I ordered stuff online, I searched forums, I went to Drs hoping to get benzos for my anxiety. This time, I am SO grateful to be clean that I will do anything to continue on this way. That has never happened before. Ever!
I am also taking care of myself medically which is a huge step. I have hep C (shocker), hypothyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, and kidney problems already at the ripe age of 32. So....I haven't seen a dr in YEARS. I am finally taking care of that.
I am also lucky to have people that live in my computer like you guys :) You've been a great support to me also. Thanks for checking in Romeo! :) Hope you have a great evening!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey y'all. Just checkin in again.
I'm doing great and I lost count of how long I have off of the subs. That's a beautiful thing!
Hope everyone is doing well!!!