It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all,
I was here over a yr ago when I was going from methadone to Sub. I was on meth 12yrs and sub 1yr. I recently quit all opiates 9/11/12. I jumped off sub at .25mg after a yr long taper from 12mg, but slipped a few times untill 9/11. I feel physically ok now, three weeks later...but mentally it's hard sometimes. My first thoughts when really stressed are "I wish I had a opiate to relax". But it's nice to know I'm not dependent on ANY med at this time. That's a really freeing thought. I've got a couple of friends here and hope to make more. I spent my detox and taper time at subsux and needed their tough love approach to get thru it...but now that I'm completely off everything I need a little more kindness..lol. I'm still very unmotivated and I do have cravings..but other than that, I feel ok. It's been a long hard road tapering meth then sub...about two yrs total. Boy I'm tired..lol. I really want to live a opiate free life and I feel it's possible, but I do need help and encouragement. Thank you to the couple people here who have helped me in the past...especially Romeo. He's a good example that it can be done.
Ok...hope to see some of you around the board....
Jules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Jules,

Welcome back!

-Glen b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI Jules :wink:

Sounds like you've really been thru the RINGER

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your a champ!!!!! I cant even imagine, how much work that must've been. But good for you. I think it's only normal (whatever the F that means) to feel cravings.............Theres a general consesus out there that once you've done opiates,,, especially like addicts do, your never really QUITE the same again. we all know how extremely high the relapse rate is for opiate addicts. that speaks for itself!!!!

I was also on methadone before suboxone. I didn't do a great job of tapering before going on suboxone, though. I just kinda flew by the seat of my pants!!! LOL I was getting methadone from a pain doctor,,,,, so it was NOT a recovery-type thing for me.........

anyways, WELCOME back, and glad to see you here!!!!

hang in there, and seriously, GREAT JOB on your journey :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hey there Jules! From what I know about you just from the PM's we've sent to each other on subsux, I think that you are a
great girl! You are a funny, outgoing, and compassionate person. You are going to have no problem whatsoever making friends over here. I totally get needing a swift kick in the arse to get you moving. If I'd had known that subsux was around 2 years ago, I may not have taken so long to get my butt in gear. They are definitely good for that!!! A lot of great people over there!

Anyway, I didn't know all of your journey though, because I spend all of my time here. I love this forum. And I love the members.
They are like famiily to me. I care about all of them so much, and their well being. You certainly have had quite the journey, and
I think you are going to find exactly what you need here. You should be so proud of yourself for what you have accomplsihed.
I personally couldn't do it. I wouldn't say that I have cravings, but I do think about when I used to use. Like when I am sad about
my daughters. Or when I get really upset and stressed out about something. So I can relate to you on that level for sure. Those
are the times that I typically get on here and just read.

Well take care of yourself, and we are definitely glad that you came back!!!! You are going to make it through this. Every day will
get a little bit easier for you. I can only imagine how tired you are. Be kind to yourself, and take it easy when you need to.
I'll keep you in my prayers, and again, Welcome Back!!!

Take Care~[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow....thanks Kelly, Amber and Glen,
What a nice welcome back! As you can see from my number of posts I didn't post much here, but plan on getting more involved. I think the people here are truly supportive and fair minded. Subsux can be a bit harsh at times...lol...to say the least!
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm very new to this "non-opiate" thing(24 days) and everything feels raw and overwelming at times. My social anxiety kicks into high gear and I'm overly sensitive to negativity. I know it's all from WD and will pass in time. I just hope I'm not going to be one of the ones with 6-12 month PAWS. But with my history, I guess I wouldn't be suprised if I was. I'm enjoying reading around here. I found the Drs. two latest blogs very interesting.
Jules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome back Kotter! :D

Boy, I hear ya on the "everything feels raw and overwhelmig at times" and everything else you said. You're right, it will pass with time, but working a solid recovery program will help it pass quicker. Some of it is PAWS, some of it is just getting used to life with no drugs on board. Don't be afraid of it. I looked at it all like a challenge I had to overcome. I'm still not doing perfect in all those areas, but Holy Smokes, I'm a LOT further ahead now then I was a couple of years ago!!

Glad you're back!!