It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:13 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi all,

so if you've read my previous posts, you know what I've been thru from the 8th month of my pregnancy until about 72 hours after delivering. The hospital I delivered at has a 7-10 day minimum observation period for NAS. I am thrilled to report that our baby was medically cleared on day 5 and discharged on day 6!!!! This is a huge step forward, and my hope is that this hospital will review their protocol for babies born to stable mothers on buprenorphine. I spoke with my sub doc (who works for the same hospital) and he and some other doctors are working on changing the standard from 7 days to 4 days, and is also looking into the risks and benefits of weaning off subutex while pregnant. Under all the circumstances, I am really very happy with the way things turned out, and I am in love with my beautiful, withdrawal-free baby girl, and my growing little family. :D :D

I am happy to answer any questions for anyone that is going through a pregnancy while on subs/ bupe, and will share my story with anyone who wants to know more. Please just send me a PM. Thank you--
xoxo Bupemom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on your precious new baby girl. I'm SO, SO happy things went well - and I hope this encourages other bupe Moms!

Post subject: Best news ever!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG, Bupemom, you have no clue how much you have been on my mind and even more importantly, in my prayers!!! You AND your precious baby girl!! I'm ecstatic!! Soooooo happy for you!!! Aren't you just shocked at how beautiful and perfect she is? Aren't you totally head over heels in a way you never thought you could ever be? You DID it! You have been a fantastic mother to this baby throughout your pregnancy and you deserve muchos kudos for all that you put up with and how hard you strove to make the very best decisions you could for your baby. You are the type of person who changes the world, so I'm not surprised your experience is going to help change protocol as far as how possible NAS cases are handled. Holy cow, this is EXACTLY what I prayed for. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! All that worrying is OVER!!! She is here and she is HEALTHY!!! Thank you, God!! So many fun things are coming down the pike for you.I hope you've got a good video camera. It happens fast and it's all so incredibly amazing.

You made my day, week, month. I'm just so very happy for you. Oh, and I know this is a lot to ask right now, as I know you are probably......oh, just a LITTLE tired, lol, but whenever you get a bunch of free time (wink) please remember to call the Suboxone people and report your experience. If you don't have the number I'll find it for you.

laddertipper