It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I wanted to let all the Pregnant woman on Sub know that the amount your take has NOTHING to do with if your baby will experience Withdrawal symptoms. I was on 6mg.when I found out I was pregnant. Cut that in half upon finding out I was pregnant and lowered every month or so. The last few months I was on .5 and even went to .25 - but it was more like only a few times a week. My OB mentioned even if I quit at the end of my pregnancy my baby could still have NAS.I didn't believe him, but its true. On day 3 he started having excessive sucking..a few sneezes, and watery stools. He was excessively crying or being fussy..I honestly thought he would be coming home. So on day 4 or 5 after his birth. He scored an 8 and 9.I didn't want him to be put on morohine. But I didn't have a choice. They said if I agreed to his treatment they wouldn't have to call children services (My husband and I both said we don't care about children services..as we have nothing to hide) We agreed..because we wanted what's best for him. However his meconium did test positive for Subutex , obviously. And its protocol for the hospital to notify them if a baby has NAS.so the nurses lied to us. Thet would be notified anyway. So ladies remember this..they will be notified if your baby has NAS. I'm in Florida btw. They said because I have a script and we have no record with them or any charges..the investigation won't take long.they were nice..and they will visit our home when baby gets home. This is the least of my worries at this time.My son has been steadily getting his dose lowered. Which is good ..but still. He started at .22 - I think. It was too high, he was far too sleepy. Then .20..then it lowered to .18. Now he's on .16 So after the watching and seeing (babies have to stay 5 days to be observed for possible NAS) He's been here 9 days..5 of which he has been on morphone. His scores are 2-6 ..He has been scored on his 99° temp (1 point) loose stools, and sleeping less than 3 hours after feeding- this is just stupid. Babies sleep for 2-4 hours..and he's breastfed! Anyway..Despite me being honest with my doc..tapering down..it still ended the way I prayed it wouldn't. There is such a stigma about subutex.And how do you tell People at church (when he's gets home I'll be there, but not until then) what's going on, why he isn't home yet..without making something up? I won't lie..but , this is my private medical info. I didn't do anything illegal. I would really appreciate some advice. I guess for me the wording is what I'm searching for.Yes you can be on Sub's while pregnant and nurse and have a healthy baby..but God Forbid your baby has any withdrawal signs. The tables get turned real quick.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Correction** WASNT excessibley crying or fussy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm so sorry your going through this. You did what you thought was right and made the best decisions you could during your pregnancy. I don't think you could have done anything to change the outcome unfortunately. I get that the nurses have a job to do but, I can't help but wonder if they let personal biases affect their judgement.

You could just tell people that they are keeping your son for observation but, he is fine and it's just protocol. You can leave it at that. That wouldn't really be lying but, it's your medical info so I think your allowed to be a little vague.

Anyway congratulations on the birth of your son! Soon enough you'll be able to bring him home. I would love to have one of my own some day! Again I'm sorry that what should be a beautiful expirence for you isn't really what you had imagined.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi naturelover88, I just replied to your post on my thread, I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this, but I wrote a response for maybe what you could tell people. I hope it helps. And you did what was best for your baby. Who's to say if you would've cut that last little bit of subutex while still pregnant, it might've been too much for him, and you could've list the pregnancy. Sure, it'll be a few extra weeks before you bring him home, but this shall pass. You're a good mama, bad mom's don't care to weigh these thoughts. Hang in there mamas, you'll be bringing baby home before you know it!