It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Asking for subutext
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I been with my doc for over a year, clean.. Never piss dirty.. Not one time. My doc gives me 45 8 mg suboxones and the $125 office visit. He let's me streach them out and come back about every two months. So the price is not that bad for me. However, I wanna lower it.. Who don't wanna save a few bucks. I know there are cheaper drugs subutext and zubsolve? Something like that. Do I just need to come out and ask him or how should I go about this?

Post subject: Re: Asking for subutext
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would be honest and explain to him your financial situation. When I first went on suboxone I went to one of those cash only, seriously expensive office visit payments every two week "doctors" and just couldn't afford to keep going. I stopped going, relapsed, but then eventually found a clinic that took my insurance and only paid 45 for visit and meds.

definately ask for the generic version or cheaper stuff. You wont know if yu dont ask, and I am sure he will help you out!

Post subject: Re: Asking for subutext
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Many docs fear (mistakenly) that plain buprenorphine will be abused more than bupe/naloxone. Some docs-- and most newspaper reporters-- don't realize that buprenorphine alone is responsible for the ceiling effect, and the naloxone has nothing to do with it. Most docs don't realize that people who use needles have injected buprenorphine, Suboxone tabs, and Suboxone film-- usually in order to make it last for a number of days, so that they can stop heroin--- and they don't feel a significant difference between them.

The result is that many insurers won't cover buprenorphine... and many docs won't prescribe it. In my area, buprenorphine tabs cost about $2.30 for 8 mg.