It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
How old is your baby now? How often does he/she nurse? I tend to think that a small amount of bupe makes it into breast milk, but since there haven't been studies I don't know for sure.

One thing I'm not understanding is the different doctors you've gotten information from. Are these doctors in a pain management clinic together? How is it that one tells you one thing and then you see a completely different doctor who tells you something else. It seems odd that they're not on the same page.

I hope you're getting the information you need here, but feel free to ask more questions!

Amy

Hi Amy!!
My
Baby is a little over one and nurses quite frequently still. And yes I go to a pain management clinic. The first doctor was very supportive with my wanting to taper off of the medication. He said because of the risks it would be better to reduce me to a quarter every two weeks. Well then I went in for a refill check up with them and I saw my normal doctor and he's always the one giving me hell. When I originally asked to be weaned off of my pain meds my doctor was pretty much furious. He thought that there's too much risk it to get off of them but I was holding firm that I did not want to take them while pregnant. Now I'm in this mess with the Subutex.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

god_from_the_snake wrote:
Quote:
I asked my sub doc to get me off of subutex because I am tired of not livin my life on life's terms. I ended up on this medication because I was pregnant and I was in pain management. I had expressed I wanted to wean off of my pain medication but my doctor did not want me to just stop so he gave me an ultimatum. He said either you take this medication or I'm going to fire you if you choose to wean off. So that big daddy clutch set in on me so I chose to take the new medication. This is almost two years later...
Since I started this medication I have hated it since day one. It is always made me feel like I'm in a fog an giving me headaches and just made me feel really blah. Well I decided that I'm tired of being on it and I want off. I also believe that my doctor is trying to keep people sick and he doesn't want to support my recovery. .

Scaredlady: I am going to say i would have to disagree on trying to find a new doctor. I read problem statements I call them contracts, of what, how, when etc a database or how a computer program should be implemented, making it easier for the user while also taking in to account user input that is not valid. It is vital that I put in a check for all user input. The input must be valid. if the input is not valid I tell the user throwing an error.

Anyway my point is some things stand out reading your post and have some questions You have pain or chronic pain. How will this be handled? My point is even if you stop suboxone not addressing the cause of your pain will mean pain medication. Have you thought about this? this is what i am trying to implement here, getting you to think about the logic(if you haven't already).

It sounds like your doctor knows this. I am sure he knows that stopping may not be in your best interest with the pain issues
I do think in spite of what you stated, I do think your doctor does have your best interest and is just being real with you.

Hey God,

You're absolutely right. I do have chronic pain and I am scheduled for a surgical consult. I just don't want to be on substances. I never planned on getting back on pain medication, I just want to try something without having to take medication. Do you guys get that? I mean I know my pain is really severe but I'm a Believer and I feel there has to be something better out there for me. The pills aren't working anymore. I also feel I have adverse affects from the subs. From day one I don't feel right. I personally think my doc wants to keep me sick.... I don't know.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

TheSubPlunge wrote:
What I would do, is say you have decided to stay on, because you think it would be a bad idea to get off and all the stress a baby can cause, I dunno some BS, pet his ego, pull out some waterworks if neededl. BUT do not take the whole strip, slowly go down at your on pace, like start at 6mg, stay there a week, another week drop down to 4 then stay there a while thne to 2mg ect. etc. Just DON"t tell the doctor you are doing this. He sounds like a sraight up butt, the kind where you have to rub there ego and agree with EVERYTHING they say, and they know you will because if you do not you are gonna be in a world of hurt. But, just say you wanna say on the same dose, then do your on taper, plenty of charts and other things on the internet to givie advice to make it the most confortable. And detoxing people off of Methadone in 21 days??!! I know it 'can' be done but my god, thats just asking for someone to go running back to the clinic, especially if they were on a higherish dose...same with Subs, it's asking for a patient to come running back because rapid tapers are just not confortable AT ALL with Long acting opiods. Best of luck! Do you plan to go back to pain managment after the Subs, or just be done with it all? But this doctor sounds money greedy and just wants to keep his patiens honestly, then gets angry when they want to taper off.

Hi sub plunge,
Yes!!! I totally agree! I knew that a 21 day detox is crazy!!! I just knew it! I was on 16 mgs a day... The sub pills... And now since the taper request I made it down to 1.50 tabs. Honestly my family tells me I am withdrawing but I refuse to stop and even try to focus on that. I have remained very very busy in my life so I don't get the chance to even think about it. But I have a question... Now that I am on 12 mgs, and they'll give me a 30 day script, how would I taper down with my current dose? I guess that is a fuzzy question. Also I suck at stroking egos because I like to stand my ground and speak my mind. I have recorded visits to prove that they arent working for me. I did call the clinic just now, and I scheduled a visit tomorrow at 4:45. I will tell them I discussed this with my family and I am just not ready quite yet.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Scaredlady

Better to bite the bullet and stroke an ego then screw yourself and your baby. I also want to congratulate you on continuing to nurse your baby. It's the best thing you can do for the baby and yourself! I basically let my kids wean themselves and i even nursed my twins.

I don't know what you plan to do with the recorded visits but they are will not be admissible in any court situation to the best of my knowledge, unless they know you are recording them.

My situation is i am audio & video recording someone and each time i do it I have to remind that person the visit is being recorded so it's on each recording.

If you can allow yourself 6 months to get off the sub you will be doing yourself & family a favor. IMO, if it's to fast you will have more difficulty.

Good Luck today, let us know what happens at the appointment

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I went in and it was the worst experience! I had the worst anxiety attack and he was very insensitive and rude to me .. I'll post more on it later :(

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tiki wrote:
Scaredlady

Better to bite the bullet and stroke an ego then screw yourself and your baby. I also want to congratulate you on continuing to nurse your baby. It's the best thing you can do for the baby and yourself! I basically let my kids wean themselves and i even nursed my twins.

I don't know what you plan to do with the recorded visits but they are will not be admissible in any court situation to the best of my knowledge, unless they know you are recording them.

My situation is i am audio & video recording someone and each time i do it I have to remind that person the visit is being recorded so it's on each recording.

If you can allow yourself 6 months to get off the sub you will be doing yourself & family a favor. IMO, if it's to fast you will have more difficulty.

Good Luck today, let us know what happens at the appointment

Tiki,
The recordings are for my personal records... to prove I'm not overly sensitive and crazy! Lol never for the intent of using in court.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I went in and did what yall said. I asked to stay on... But he didn't like that,,, not to mention I was having severe anxiety which was clouding my logic and everything! I couldn't get across what I was saying! He basically told me to bad and that since I choose to blame the treatment they provide me with on how I feel , that it's time to get off. Well I had a breakdown in the office which made his reaction towards me even worse! He almost got sickened by my tears and cry for help. He just wanted to wash his Hands of me. When I went in there I made it down from 2 pills to 1.50 pills. He decided to jump me down to 1 pill and to return in a week. Well that's not boding well for me. He said he would increase my dose if I have cravings... But I have NEVER ha cravings. If anything I crave to be off substances! I don't think he likes that j have my own mind made up , that I stand up for what I feel is right... So he's gonna intentionally put me in a position where I either tough it out or come back saying I have cravings... To help me. I Dunno I am in a bad place right now. I don't want to lie .. Pet ego ... Whatever ... I have this pride thing... It sucks

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Scaredlady
I do not believe or subscribe to for a lack of a better word in "petting egos". What I mean here is I don't look at it this way. I do know it is how a person looks at it. Some people look at giving in as being weak or a name like petting egos. A person has to consciousnesly look at both sides of a given situation. He is right. If you told him that the treatment they provide is making you feel the way you do then why keep going? It is all in the delivery of how we say or do things right or wrong. This would be output. We also must take care in how we process the receiving others input. In this case it would be your doctor.

If the way you feel is due to their treatment why would he continue? I am sure He knows The chances are not good, although I am sure he understands the why. But to lose you or to see you go he probably had to be a little firm to not let that happen. (And not for the obvious negative reasons that would come to a persons mind) and was probably in a state of shock. Look at it this way. He is going to see you next week. If you need a raise in dose it seems he is ok with that. I understand wanting to be free but we also have to be real about a situation. I am sure if your goal is to give life a go with no medications and if you can assure him you're 100% I am sure he will assist.

It sounds like he knows in your mind you want to be free but certain parameters need to be met. Being unsure is not one of them even if you don't realize it. For next week make sure you walk out of there knowing you got your point across. Again it is all in our delivery. Take care. And feel free to share how it goes.

Snake

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There is no way I can know what is going on with you and this doc nor what he is thinking. I'm not there plus I'm only hearing your side of the story. There are always two sides to EVERY story. That said I get the feeling your doc may be frustrated with you. Are you a difficult patient? Just be honest and look at it from his view. By your own admission it sounds like you struggle to communicate with him. Were all of your visits consumed with you complaining about the treatment and not wanting it? I again have no way to know but get that feeling.

I'm not a doctor but did direct patient care for nearly two dozen years both in and out of the hospital. Some patients are frustrating and difficult. No matter how hard we'd try to take care of and please them, they had complaints. Is this you? After a while they break. Doctors are only human.

Again, I gave no idea. I'm not there. I just have a gut feeling as you don't seem to want to be on sub but you also don't want to be off it. How can a doc win in this situation? Now I don't doubt he is letting his frustration get the best if him and that's not right either. But if you are getting the feeling that he just wants to wash his hands of you, that may be accurate. Have you contributed to that or how can you contribute to repairing it? It almost sounds like he's giving you some tuff live here. He's not kicking you out or off Bup and will even increase your dose with cravings. It almost sounds like he is showing you how rough coming off Bup can be while still keeping you safe from relapse.

Again, just my gut based on what you've provided.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So no I am not and ever have been a problem patient. I was put on this medication because I was in pain management and got pregnant and wanted off my pain meds and my doc was not okay with that decision so he basically gave me an ultimatum. He told me that I could take this medication or he would fire me. I got scared so I went with the latter. I don't have problems with drugs I've had obviously gotten dependent on my pain meds but I've never used drugs illegally. So I don't really understand what the problem is here. I want to try to live life without substances and I did find out my anxiety was coming from a medication that I was taking for my depression. I have since stopped taking that medication and my anxiety has gotten a lot better , but it's still a huge issue. I remember signing a contract stating I would not take anxiety meds while on this medication so I have not seeked those out , but I feel in this state I think they would be necessary sometimes. I don't feel that I am getting the best care here and especially on this med. my pain is hardly managed, and I'm just lost. I was having
A hard time communicating how I feel and why I feel the way I do to my doctor because I believe my depression medication was really messing with my logic. Anyhow I don't really know what else to say I'm feeling very depressed about the whole situation now.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lady

What dose are you on now? Why can't you book an appointment with the other doctor that's supportive? It doesn't seem right that one understands a slow taper is best & the other wants to cut you down so quickly.

I feel sad that you can't just let your "pride" take a backseat so you and your baby will have an easier time. If you continue to let pride (your words) take a front seat you will be in a world of pain both physically & emotionally IMO. So you were dependent on pain meds, then went to sub...you say you never have cravings...maybe because you are on the sub. In addition, your chronic pain is going to rear it's ugly head, how will you deal with that and take care of your baby?

Just some questions to ask yourself before your next appointment.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Tiki,
Maybe one Dr. is a Methadone clinic Dr. where you stand in a line to get your dose and the other is a Dr. in a real Dr's office setting. Maybe I am wrong, but that is what it sounds like to me. But the way she talks, it's not a Methadone type setting. Just a shitty Dr.!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SL

How did the second visit go? How are you feeling and how many milligrams are you on now?

Hoping to hear things are going better.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[quote="happyg1961"]Tiki,
Maybe one Dr. is a Methadone clinic Dr. where you stand in a line to get your dose and the other is a Dr. in a real Dr's office setting. Maybe I am wrong, but that is what it sounds like to me. But the way she talks, it's not a Methadone type setting. Just a shitty Duote]

It sounds like a clinic setting but i thought i read it was a private practice...confused LOL

I just hope she can communicate how difficult this is and how she made the "wrong choice" so the crappy ole mean doctor will cut her some slack. At 16 mg's going to zero in 21 days is not in her best interest...what about that oath the doc's take..

Hope you are having a "super dooper day" :D