It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:07 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi All,

Before starting generic Subutex I thought the cost for one medication would be the same at any pharmacy for that same medication. I guess I never thought about it that much because I was never really prescribed anything other then an occasional antibiotic or my prescriptions were covered by insurance. If you would have quizzed me on the subject I would have guessed the costs were probably regulated somehow. Imagine my surprize!

I didn't see a place to list current cash pharmacy prices on this forum and thought I would share what I have found in Phoenix, AZ. The following are cash prices rounded to the next highest dollar amount for 30 generic Subutex 8mg tablets as of December 26th, 2011.

Walmart Pharmacy-Generic Subutex manufactured by Roxanne: $109.00=$3.63 each
Walgreen's Pharmacy-Generic Subutex manufactured by Teva: $124.00=$4.13 each
CVS Pharmacy-Generic Subutex manufactured by Roxanne: $146.00=$4.86 each
Costco Pharmacy-Generic Subutex manufactured by Roxanne: $97.00=$3.23

You do not need to be a Costco member to use their pharmacy. Just tell the person checking for membership cards at the entrance that you are going to the pharmacy. My doctor was able to call my prescription in and since it was my first time having a prescription filled by Costco I was required to fill out a form and provide ID. The store was really busy that evening but the pharmacy was quick and was the employees were happy and friendly. I hope this was helpful to someone!

Happy Holidays!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Its amazes me how 3 of the 4 pharmacys you mention all carry the generic roxanne brand and they werent even close in coast. Now i wonder is the roxanne using different prices for different pharms or is it the other way around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just recently moved from Arizona and thought I would share a bit of info. Walgreens and CVS both offer a discount card for scripts that would knock the price down to about $100. I know the CVS card is free, I'm not sure about Walgreens.

I always filled at CVS but tried Walmart because I was told it was cheaper but Walmart was actually more expensive because of the discount CVS offers. Also the CVS I went to had nothing but great, kind pharmacists. Definately wasn't the case at the Walmart I went to.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For some odd reason here on the west coast, everythings expensive.
I thankfully now am on the PAP from RB but I know a few of these prices in my head. Yep, sad I know.
I know for SURE the prices, of 10 units at a time, mostly thats all I could pick up. and oregon has a discount card you can get off the internet. just google oregon perscription discount card, and it took about 10% right off the top. antibiotics it took HALF off, and whenever I got opiates it took about half off, but I digress..

and remember with each of these pharmacies, the MORE you buy at one time the better the price was, but not by a whole bunch, the difference from ten units to thirty was only about 5 bucks.

Walgreens=
suboxone strips......10........ $80 w/oregon card= $67
Generic Subutex.....10........$56 " " $43

Rite Aid=
suboxone strips........10........$78 w/oregon card= $65
Generic subutex........10........$62 " " $47

oh and TEVA was the only thing ANY of the places had here

I remember buying 20 strips, without my card from rite aid once, for $156 becuase the computer was down for that particular discount card. so it didnt take much off the more you bought.

All the 'mom n pop' pharmacies arond here were actually MORE expensive, and theres a walmart about 90 mins away, and it was only 20 dollars less for the ENTIRE script. which I never had money for anyway.
doing this just made me THAT much more thanful I finally got the assistance thru RB.
Now when i go to rite aid
My reciept says

'cash and carry price" $756 for 84 films
patient pays $0.00
Holy crap.......
So so so so glad I got the patient assistance

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for taking time to help happy holiday!!