It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been searching and searching for help for my oxycodone problem. I cant find anyplace within driving distance from me that isnt at maximum Capacity. Why are there such strange restrictions for Doctors who do Suboxone treatment. Are there similar laws for the number of narcotic patients a Doctor can have? I also noticed that Dr.Junig says he uses generic medication. That might explaine why it took so long to find his Website and this Forum. Actually it was complete luck that I did find this after searching for 2 for weeks online. It really feels like nobody is out there who can actually help. Everyplace is either completely full with a huge waiting list or only offers counceling at the same cost as a decent car. It seems that Im better of financially to just keep being an addict. Its no wonder there is such a massive problem with these evel drugs. I had no problem finding a doctor who would prescribe Oxycodone for my chronic pain. Finding any help to quit is nearly impossible. My only option is cold turkey but I cant make it past the withdrawl symptoms. They are so much worse than the pain I take Oxy for in the first place. I wish my doctor would have mentioned that part. At first they seemed to be the answer, but now its my biggest problem. I never would of thought it would be so hard for a person who really wants and needs help to actually get help the kind of help that might work. What can I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:44 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I might have posted this in the wrong section. Oops I'm a noob. Oh and I apologize for coming off as a negitive nance on here. lol just a little frustrated at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
The above link should give you the choice of so many miles radius you can find providers if you have not tried this one yet

Really sorry you are having such a hard time finding a place. I take it since you are running into doctors running maximum capacity you are looking for suboxone, Not methadone. That kind of was my problem in the beginning for me but I had not ruled Methadone out so when I could get in methadone clinic three times quicker and for one third of the dollar amount I jumped for it which I am glad I did because a month later my Husband was put on unemployment at one half what he usually makes a week etc...I would never have been able to stay in suboxone. If Methadoen wasn't going to work (because I had to go on waiting list there to)out my next choice was heroin because I had to stop the pills now thats some kinda crazy thinking when Heroin sounds better than doing the opanas anymore. I found out later and maybe this is somewhat true with sub doctors too. They just wanted me to call everyday they said for two weeks to see when they could see me, and I think it shows them how bad you want it because after five days of calling they told me to come in. Since Subs let you get scripts for a moonth etc..you could by all rights drive 100 miles if you had to???? I'm not sure your what your specifics are but does that make any sense? T think you should have posted this in the need a doctor forum and the moderators can move you for more exposure or you can repost (copy/paste) to get it in right forum and maybe they could delete the duplicate out of this forum. Good Luck my friend. Where do U live whats close by?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

How far into Wisconsin are you? Have you checked nearby states?