It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:34 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I was wondering if the generic tablets are as good as the brand name films. I heard the white actavis brand actually cause people to go into withdrawal but haven't had any complaints about the Amneal brand. can anyone help me out with this?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:07 pm 

Are they As good?, oh I don't know. You can't ready say till you trh each product but I can say that each one has Buprenorphine in it to stop wd and cravings.
What "people say"can not be be the same for everyone. It really depends on what each persons induction is like at the start And most importantly how the absorption is conducted.

Some love the films, I know people who do well on Zubslov and the two other generic tablets. None of them will Put you into wd unless you take them to soon after your last uses of Opiates.(PW)..

Tells more about your concerns sblaked...and welcome!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:58 pm 

I agree with razor, all have the same medicine in it. I'm sure ppl favor one over the others and that could be all due to what they started u out on in the beginning. I never liked the pills, I only wanted the strips. I had a harder time with absorption on the pill version, but not everyone has that issue. When it comes down to it, I'd be grateful with any of the different types of bupe. The bad part would be having no options at all.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:05 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have read that people who are taking the white Actavis brand pills actually felt w/d symptoms after switching from the films.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is such a strong psychological component with bupe products! But there is NO reason that any brand should cause someone to 'feel withdrawal'. That would require a medication that consists of buprenorphine to consist of an entirely different substance-- i.e. a blocker like naloxone. There is NO way a mistake like that would make it past the FDA-- not for more than a few hours anyway.

Realize that with medications, there is no 'craftsmanship' as there is with furniture for example. A molecule of buprenorphine is a molecule of buprenorphine, period. It is either there, or not. The only exception would be medications that are designed to release over time-- which is pretty rare. An example would be Concerta, which has an 'osmotic pump' design that pushes methylphenidate out over time-- in contrast to Ritalin, which just dissolves into methylphenidate. The generic form of Concerta might be inferior and release the drug differently.... or for that matter, the generic might release the drug in a BETTER way than the brand tablet.

As others wrote, the main issue with buprenorphine relates to absorption. The film offers some advantages, as people can smear it against the inside of the cheek and perhaps aid absorption, compared to dissolving it under the tongue. But otherwise, bupe is bupe-- and once it is dissolved in saliva, it is all the same stuff.