It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

my dr said the going from1 mg day to 1 film every 2 tun 1 film every 3 for like a weeks ahlf period doing all of this over a 3 day period of films will work i dont think it will....im so scared i tried and i relapsed i got myself so worked up i was like i willjust detox from vicoin will that didnt work i am back on subs and it has been almost 6 weeks on subs give or take6-7 days for my relapse....i dont know if i am making uch snse or just rambling i will answer any question i got back to the dr today please advise about what i should do and how to regain my life.....i should mention for all those not familiar i was on methadone for 7 years before this please advise.

Will

Post subject: Fast Taper
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:52 pm 

Hi Will,

It sounds like your doctor is trying to taper you too fast and you are not comfortable with that. Is that about right? It is a little hard to understand your post but that is what I got out of it.

Have you talked to your doctor and told him your concerns? Just say that it is too fast and you are afraid of slipping back to opiates again. If he is reasonable then he should up your dose. If not, I'd start looking for another Suboxone doctor today.

I've noticed a lot of them (mine included) want us off the Suboxone as soon as possible. But not all of us feel comfortable without our Sub and that should be conveyed to him every time you see him. I say that because my doctor always forgets my Sub dose and I have to keep repeating my wants to him every month.

How often do you see the Dr? And are you just recently on Sub after switching from Methadone? What dose were you first started at? Just a few questions to better get a feel for your situation.

BTW, I deleted your other post as it was the same as this one but even harder to read. And no one had replied to it yet.

Rule

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's like I am afraid of the Dr... I know that must sound irrational I have seen the dr every to weeks and I am supposed to be off but with school my anxiety etc. I have been so stressed and my way way of thinking plays a role too. I just got on sub immediately after methadone as a transition off...that is when I started slipping and my mind saying hey you can get opiate feeling again.....I dunno

Will this dissipate I was doing good for 2 weeks until placed in a situation I never should have put myself in.

That was something I meant to add...sorry

I'm Scorp...(Steve)

I was going to ask a ? But I hit the wrong button. Sorry

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i saw my pain manament dr twice a week @ $100 a pop and she wants me to come back newt week at @ another $100 I cant afford that...