It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: apologizing now
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just joined and I am apologizing now for my crap phone. If you notice random letterost or punucuation throughout my posts pay no mind as my cursor jumps all over. Sooo frustrating to edit.

I am a 40 year old female with a long history of drug abuse. I have tried everything from meetings to inpatient to try and stop. Can't. My brother gave me a suboxone 2 months ago and here I am. This forum looks like a great place to come for support. See you on the boards.

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome! I am pretty new to the forum and to Suboxone as well, but I figured that I would let you know you have come to the right place for support and encouragment and even advice if you are in recovery from opiate addiction and are using Suboxone as one of the tools to stay off of your drug of choice.

So have you found a Dr and gotten yourself involved in a Suboxone based type of program? If not, and that is what you want to do, just ask around here and I bet someone could lead you in the right direction!

I hope that you are in fact involved in some sort of recovery and not just using Subs in order to ward off the WD's from your DOC.

Good luck to you, and welcome to the forum!

Amy

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hiya Amy. Yea I have found a really good dr. He is big on subs being a tool and not a solution. I am not a big fan of meetings but suboxone has helped a great deal with my social anxiety so I may give them another go.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm also starting individual therapy.My maladaptive coping skills are what kept me using all these years. How about you? What is working for ya?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Vangie,

Welcome to the forum!!

I used drugs most all of my life, too. I got on Suboxone at 39 years old and it undoubtedly helped me to be where I am today. I hope Suboxone works as well for you as it did me!!

I hear ya on the social anxiety thing and meetings possibly being intimidating. Once I forced myself to go to a couple of meetings, it got easier, but I never did get as much out of meetings as I did my one on one time with my addiction counselor.

Post subject: welcome
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi. I am pretty new to the forum and have been on suboxone since December 23rd. I am 40 as well and have spent much of my life on drugs too. I think that you will find that. Suboxone and some good counselling is life changing. It has bee for me. Do you have a sub doctor or are you buying from the streets? I have a great counselor that has taught me many life saving skills. I am happier than I ever havebeen before. I hope only the best for you and believe that the people on this forum are what keep me going on the rough days. Welcome aboard and great job on your sobriety so far. Life can be amazing if we give it an honest chance.
Crys

Post subject: meetin's
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:18 pm 
Awww honeychild. I wish I knew you cuz imma bout to attend my first meeting in a few hours. No reason to be afraid honey. Them is people just like us. I baked a blueeberry crumble that I am bringing to share with everyrrone. I can't wait to meet everyon and chat. I will let you know how it goes. Do you think one crumble will be enough. Ihope so.and i hope everyone likes mu ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hiya crystal. Yea I have a dr and I am looking for a therapist. They are hard to find around here well ones that take my insurance that is. I think that the combo of individual therapy and suboxone is the answer for me. Sounds like we have prob been through similar struggles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

To a certain few...my thread title ironically has a hidden meaning. I apologize and I am here for constructive purposes only. Good to know this forum is efficient and does not tolorate any funny business. Keep up the good work. I post in peace.;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:15 pm 

:wink:

A.