It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: better late than never
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just came accross this thread today and boy does it fit. I wonder if it has something to do with the Sub. Although it has really improved my life in a lot of ways, I too can say I am apathtic and lazy. I am at the point in lifee that you first described, kids, sports, and moms taxi. Thank God some of this takes up my time, and I am so thankful that I am now aware of it all and can enjoy every minute with them... but then the rest of the time. We moved right before I got on Sub. aand I have been clean for 7 months. Although it was a great move in many ways, especially for my children, and my husbands job, I feel so lonely. I don't really have any friends here, I do have people I have met, but no friends. No one to say, hey, lets go get a coffee or lets go shopping. My husband works long hours and is just tired when he gets home. I feel like the only person I talk to is my therapitst I am on a bowling league and in a book club, but this month I didnlt even read the book, so I am not going... I am my own worse enemy. I just hate this feeling of apathy. My house is a mess, I dont care. Honestly, I think depression might be the word we are all talking about but not saying. I just feel like I sometimes fill my time with nothing, TV, the internet...but it feels pretty empty. How do you overcome it? I know everyone said, a hobby, but I just dont have one. I've dabbled in crafty/diy home stuff, I do love garage sale, but it is hard to find one in Michigan in the winter. LOL. I feel guilty whining, here I have been given another shot at life and I just feel it is such hard work. It feels like everything is such hard work. I need to use this chance in a better way, but right now I just dont know how. I guess I am rambling now, but I just wanted to say it feels supportive to know a lot of other people feel this way too. Thanks for letting me share and I love the support I get from this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sorry slipper'. but hat said it about right" people with or with out drugs can have apathy. suboxone seems to lift some apathy from me. every thing in life right or wrong can follow apathy.it also seems the more mistakes we make can couse apathy
the way we are treeted .so like every one said'. HOBBY/HOBBY/HOBBY. :lol: change/change/change 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

slipper wrote:
I know those of you that are young and have young children will think..."come over to my house"!! ....and I understand that because I was once there. But now I just feel lethargic, lazy,apathetic and bored. I find it very hard to stimulate myself to do things. I lay around the house with me and my own mind...which is NOT GOOD!!

Slipper I know exactly how that feels. The last 6 months I had to postpone my studies and wind back my work hours to do a medical treatment. My doctor got me on short term disability benefits to get me through. Having little to do during the days really depressed me, and the thought that people were out there working and getting ahead while I was "on hold" ...

I really shoulda just gone to uni and crashed some lectures or something...