It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I’ve read about the new form of buprenorphine where it’s injected once monthly and supposedly the drug is released at a steady rate for 30 days.
I can see many benefits,if it works,so I’d thought I’d ask if anyone has tried the new form or is currently trying it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From what I have read and heard the actual rollout isn't until February or March. Have not heard a peep from my Indivior rep.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I’m hoping maybe someone has been prescribed it or maybe it’s still too soon.
I’m not sure but there seems to be more than one company making it.
One is an implant made of rods,the other an injection but maybe it’s the same delivery system.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is my understanding that the injection will cost over $1500 per month, and I have not heard if any insurance companies are even looking at covering it yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

New here and have been on Zubsolv since June 2015, after using hydros for 10 years, abusing them the last 5 of that.

I had the Probuphine implant placed in July of 2017. I was the third person in Texas to have it placed, and I jumped on here because I have no idea what to expect now that I had it removed yesterday (left it in two months longer, because it was due to come out a week before the holidays...not a good time for w/d)!! Was hoping to find someone else who has had one as well!

Im happy to share my thoughts on the implant though, I’d you had questions. I think it’s great for breaking the psychological addiction to pills. I never could cut out that second dose on my own. It was there, so I took it...classic addict. I did taper the dosage down to 1.2mg, from a starting dose of 5.6mgx2 (I think these Zubsolv doses are the same as 4mg and 8mg of Suboxone, respectively). Then my doctor encouraged the implant...against my addict judgment. What can I say...pills have been my best friend for 12 years. I was scared of not having them.

So glad I did it though...and have put in the hard work of recovery for three years now, psychologically and emotionally, and finally feel ready to be done with all forms of opiates!! Day 2 is well on its way...I mean, kinda, since technically, it’s technically there from the hella long half life...but still. I’m counting it!!

I was the first and only implant my doctor has done so far, so I was talking to the doctor/rep who came yesterday for my removal, and she was talking about the shot, as well. Saying it should be available soon. I told her it’s a shame the implants are so expensive because they are very effective, and she said They created the shot to be a cheaper option?

Happy to share my experience if anyone has questions. And would love to find someone who has had an implant too!!! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous!! Ready to slay the beast, but nervous and still have to talk myself into trusting myself!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:50 am 

Hey ready as ever! Welcome.

There is a person (I'm almost positive) that posted a bit ago about just coming off the implant. I'm going to look for it for ya. If u go to the search function and type in something like 'buprenorphine implant' it should bring up a few posts about it. If I'm not mistaken, this person posted about having the implant removed.

We don't know a whole lot about this implant just yet because it is so dang expensive. It's crazy to me that the company would charge so much $! Is that the reason u decided to remove it, because of the expense? Did it work well for u?

I'm gonna try to find that post for ya, hopefully I can :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:00 am 

This is a post I found in the Introduction section of the forum. The topic name is Probuphine (Suboxone Implant).

Sorry I couldn't get the link for ya, I'm always on my phone and even though I'm positive there's a way to do it, I'm not that savvy lol.

BritM312↓
Probuphine (Suboxone implant)
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:51 am
Hi everyone. My name is Brit and I'm a 30 year old addict that received the Probuphine implant in Feb 2017. I've since had it removed as it is only approved for a 6 month time period. I'd like to help spread the word about this treatment but am also in search of someone out there who has also had it so we can share our experiences with each other. Please feel free to ask any questions... This treatment isn't covered by insurance as of right now but that has alot to do with the fact that it was only FDA approved a little over a year ago (I was only the 4th person in New England to have he procedure done.) I'm an open book on my psyche the days before the implant to how my body adjusted and how I feel after having it removed. If you have had the implant or still have it, please reach out!! Thank you so much... And remember, recovery IS possible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:04 pm 

ReadyasEver, welcome to our forum! We are glad to have you here and I hope that you start getting more responses from people who also have the implant, or shot.

I can understand why you are nervous, now that the implant has been removed. I imagine that you will notice a difference in the level of cravings you are feeling. Do you have any support as you go through this potentially rough time? One group that I always suggest to recovering addicts is SMART Recovery. This support group can be found in most metro areas. It is based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques, which are evidence-based. If you haven't done therapy before, finding an addiction counselor may be advisable.

May I suggest that you write a post in our Introductions section? Go to the index tab on the top left of this page and scroll down to Introductions. Then just make a new topic and tell us about yourself. What is your history of drug addiction? What struggles have you had? Things like that.

Again, welcome!

Amy

P.S. Here is the link to Brit's post. I'm on a laptop so it's easier for me to link it! probuphine-suboxone-implant-t13878.html?hilit=probuphine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:10 am 

Thanks Amy!! I'm not so good at links like u guys are. I do things the way more annoying way! :)