It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A new form of Suboxone was approved by FDA on August 1, and is supposed to hit pharmacies in the next few weeks. It's supposed to dissolve much faster. Anyone tried it yet? Found this news on www.naabt.org

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello yellow submarine,

Welcome to the forumn it is a great place to be and is a great asset for those of us in recovery, glad you found us :)

As far as the sub-film I haven't tried it yet but I am also interested in anyone who has tried it. I called the pharmacy I use yesterday and they said they will have it in by Sunday. I go this Wendnesday and will be trying it then. I will post after I know more....

Welcome again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cool! Figures now that I switched to generic Subutex does me no good now though lol!
I couldn't afford the $200 a month with no insurance I was paying for Suboxone.I get the generic Subutex for $110 a month now.
Please post back with your experiences with this new Suboxone guys?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess my concern about using the film would be cutting it for the purpose of dosing......for example, I am currently tapering from 8mg down to a goal of 6mg, but I am using an intermediate step of 7mg, which requires me to take two whole 2mg tabs along with a half of a 2mg tab each day.....I wonder how easy this film stuff is to cut into smaller doses? Can it be handled like that or will touching it that much screw it up?

Anyway, I don't mind the pills, so I'll probably just stick with those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Personally, I would like to try the film. I'm not so great at holding my spit (the "juices") in my mouth, so I've a feeling I'm not getting much in the way of maximum absorption. Maybe the film will be best for me. Although I do break up my pills sometimes. Hopefully we can cut the film. I don't see my doc until the end of November, but I plan on asking him about the film at that time.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello guys,

The film comes in a bubble-water prof-child prof individale wrap. Its looks like the listerene breath mint strips only redish. I have read that they are easy to cut and don't taste bad at all. They come in both 2mgs and 8mgs. The guy I spoke with at C.V.S said they are better than the pills and the absortion rate is way better. I should have them this Wendnesday so I hopefully will be able to explain them a little better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks, Hancal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had my sub appointment on Tuesday and my doc said that they were coming in that day to talk about the strips. He said he would let me know more on my next appointment. He basically said this was being done because the patton for suboxone was about to expire and they were going this route as opposed generic. Not sure if that is true......his opinion only. I am interested to find out how much this is going to cost? If cheaper or the same as suboxone $40 co-pay I am fine with that....if cheaper I definitely would like to try........Hancal definitely let us know I am actually excited to hear what everyone has to say on this. However I am ok with staying with the little orange pill.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello everyone I found this and thought I would share it :D

This is the link to the requested picture of the demo strip. The full size strip is by the nickel. The others are the cuts from I believe ½ down to 1/8th Cut and past this to your browser.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2wrkytz.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I found this pic if you were curious to see what the film looked like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

whoops someome beat me to it, but this one is different I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What is nice is that you could actually cut it and make more accurate dosing for tapering. That is definitely a plus.

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wanted to let you all know what I just learned. I checked my coverage for the film with the administrator of my pharmacy/medication benefits, Medco. Normally I pay a $20 co-pay for the suboxone tablets, but unfortunately, the film will cost me $40. What this means in terms of my insurance coverage is that the film is non-formulary, which really sucks. It doesn't seem like much of a difference, but when you're broke, well, twenty bucks is twenty bucks. Maybe with the coupon I could give it a try.

So if anyone is considering switching to the film and uses insurance, you might want to check first. My understanding (from the manufacturer) was that the costs would be the same. HA - didn't turn out that way for me. Just FYI.

One more thing, I know this was posted somewhere else on the forum, but here's where the savings coupon for the film is: http://sfilmcard.com/coupon.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Typical, i$n't it? I mean, we all know what the$e in$urance companie$ are really after and it'$ not that they're trying to help people i$ it? For them, the only thing that really matter$ is...hmmm, it wa$ ju$t at the tip of my keyboard....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I got the film a little over a week ago and it is way better than the pill. It dissolves and absorbs better and faster, the saliva levels are as if nothing is in your mouth, you can barely taste it but it does have the same lemon-lime flavor, and it is easy to cut into equal parts. It is slightly more effective then the tablets as well from increase in bioavailability, so you may need to adjust your dose.

I took a pic of an 8 mg strip cut into pieces. The pic shows a 0.25 mg piece, which can obviously be cut in half to 0.125 mg and possibly even cut down to half of that to 0.0625 mg or 62.5 mcg, which is a realistic "leap of faith" dose. I cant figure out how to post images onto this site, otherwise I would post the picture.

Personally, I would probably get the 2mg strip if and when I do decide to quit suboxone and jump off at 10 mcg. I would do the perfect taper, and my transition to sobriety would be done in perfect small increments in order for my brain to adapt at the proper pace as I make each reduction in dose. I wouldn't feel any WD because my brain would not be able to tell the difference. I would probably run and work out a lot too, to speed up endorphin production.

The reason why I'm excited about the strip is because there is no chance of misusing it by crushing and snorting it.

The last paragraph is about my struggle and setbacks with my failure to taper and take suboxone properly but I assure you my snorting binges were short-lived but catastrophic to my recovery, and it would throw the months and months of time spent on creating new "normal behavior" pathways in my brain, and it would replace those pathways with "the self-destructive, addict" pathways in a matter days. That's right days! You can undo years of hard work with ONE freakin weekend binge of snorting sub. I would justify this by saying, "well, at least it isn't oxys or H."

I've been on sub since July 07, and about a year or so into it I made a big mistake and snorted a 2 mg corner, which literally irreparably fucked up my treatment. Despite the fact that for the great majority of my treatment I took suboxone the correct way, I would occasionally snort it. Ever since I first snorted I haven't been stable enough to maintain the discipline to stay the course for tapering off. I would get down to as low as 0.5 mg and then cravings would hit and I would snort around 1mg to get high. Then I would be lost in that all to familiar cycle and my dose would go back up to around 4 mg and sometimes even more. It was like starting all over again and it took a better part of a year to taper down to those doses.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi I am new to this site, in fact it is the first time I have visited any site like this.I have not tried the film yet, but in talking to friends, opinions have varied to liking it and not liking it. I am very nervous about it, as I have been on Suboxone for nearly four years now. I am also and have been for the past two plus years been on the maximum dose of 32 mg. daily. Why so high? Because my doctors have and are attempting to treat my chronic pain with it as well as my addiction. I was beat by my ex for 20 years, severly, which left me with many medical issues. That is why I became addicted. I was prescribed opiates for more then ten years. 240 percocets and 60 oxy 20s per month. If it absorbs better then that would be great for me, but I am skeptical so anyone who can offer their experiences will be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi wildatheart - I haven't tried the new film yet so I can't speak to that, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. Like you, I also take sub for both addiction and chronic pain. I'm on between 16-24 mg/day. How many times a day do you dose, I'm guessing four? How does it work for you pain? For me, it usually makes the pain bearable, but doesn't take it away altogether. Of course I still have some really bad days. I combine the sub with a muscle relaxer and that helps a bit, too. Oh and good on you for being a survivor! Again, welcome. I hope you stick around.

Post subject: film
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just started the film last week. I love them. So much easier. Don't taste as bad. And works a lot better than the tabs. If u can get those instead.

Post subject: flims are better
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Another reason the films are better is cause there not pills. Just the though of putting pills in my mouth give me that flash back of eating 10 norcos and five zanax every 5 min like I was doing for years. Where it got so bad I was taking 80 norcos a day plus zanax and klonopin. Horrible way to live. 4 rehabs. Didn't work. Jail. Still didn't work. My six year old son asking me what's wrong with me....... now that worked. And now for over a year I've been on two 8 milg of subs a day. At first I did mess around and abused. But then had my mom hold them and give them to me me right. Now finally I can jold them my self. The films are so much better. And easier. Plus same copay. 15 dollars. I love them. I feel it hit in a minute. And it feels so much better than putting pills in my mouth. Just a little strip. Put it under your toung and in 30 second your good. I know how hard its to get though this. Stay strong. And when u wake up everyday think how lucky u lived to see another day. Good luck

Post subject: Suboxone film
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

First time here and wanted to say I have been doing the film for just about a week. After 7+ yrs. on pain meds for a back
that is a mess. I have needed surgery (per neurosurgeon) a few yrs. now but have and will hold out. Anyway, the pill route
has gotten real old. Tired of chase to find pharms. that had them on and off last 2 yrs. I've had enough. The suboxone film has been great. The wait of withdrawal sucked bad but well worth it. Not that I would like to do it again! I find the fil very easy to take and you can cut them very easy with scissors. This will make dosing easy. I just make sure to seal package with tape as I don't know if exposure in air till use matters. Taste does not bother me but does make my mouth feel a little odd. But all in all I would say a great way to take it, though I never had the pills to compare to. Luckily I have insurance and with coupon I had a zero $0.00 cost on initail script. I go tomorrow for my 30 day and talked to pharmacist and don't know if this one will be zero or "just" a co-pay. Still hard when broke. My life is so much better and they DO help some with the pain,FYI. That's it, just my take on this.