It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Maxx and welcome! Congrats on starting suboxone and addiction remission. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. And we're glad you joined the forum. That $75 off coupon is good for each month until March 2011, so again, your cost this month should be zero. Hope to hear more from you soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:53 pm 
I dont realy know what to think of the film. Ive been on it 3 days now and at first I kind of liked it but the more I take it the more I dont like it at all. First off I feel I get a more effective dose from the pills (placebo? I dont know), second is they are very delicate and I constantly have to dry my hands and wipe them down before I can touch the strip so it doesnt get even the tiniest bit of sweat on it, and finaly it is way more of a challenge to get them into the correct spot under your tongue than the pills. Ive already some by it getting stuck to my teeth and also it stuck to my finger when trying to put it under my tongue and just turned into a mess. Im getting them with the discount and my walgreens discount for 28$ for 120mgs a month so I'll stick with them until the coupon expires but after that its back to the pills. One other thing and this may not be the norm for everyone else but i dont feel that the film dissolves much faster than the tablets. I try to leave it in the same place the whole time as to not mix it up in the saliva but after 30 mins dissolving I check with my tongue to see if its completely gone and to my suprise there is still some of it left that I have to push around with my tongue to get it to dissolve all the way. Before I got them I was under the impression that like a minute after you toss it under your tongue its 100% dissolved and feel a little dissapointed. On a side note does anyone know if putting the strip ON TOP of your tongue will work just as good as under the tongue in terms of it absorbing? The reason I ask is because if you lean your head forward and elevate your tongue it would keep all the bupe out of that pool of saliva that forms under the tongue. I know Dr J said there is nothing special about under the tongue I just didnt know if he mentioned that on top of the tonuge would work just as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:03 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

hatmaker510 wrote:
Hi wildatheart - I haven't tried the new film yet so I can't speak to that, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. Like you, I also take sub for both addiction and chronic pain. I'm on between 16-24 mg/day. How many times a day do you dose, I'm guessing four? How does it work for you pain? For me, it usually makes the pain bearable, but doesn't take it away altogether. Of course I still have some really bad days. I combine the sub with a muscle relaxer and that helps a bit, too. Oh and good on you for being a survivor! Again, welcome. I hope you stick around.

I am on Suboxone (8 mg) for the exact same reason and same "protocol" Muscle relaxant (carisoprodol 350mg) and Suboxone 1 8mg (1/2 in AM and 1/2 in PM) it really does help with the pain. I could easily and legitimately get narco's but we all know how that works out huh? but anyway I haven't tried the strips yet as it isn't on my formulary but my best friend is on them and I night trade him 1 for 1 just to see. I hope that isn't frowned upon but we're both on the same dosage so I really don't see a problem plus if they work better then I'll know and can switch. Thank you for all the info as I been very curious about these new strips. I should mention we both have the same Dr. so I could just ask. I'm sure he won't mind as we both been clean for over 8 years and in the Suboxone program just so you know. I never heard of people crushing them and snorting them! I think that's really stupid and defeats the whole purpose of the med to begin with IMO. Sounds like Drug/thrill Seeking Behaviour to me. Just sayin'.
Your friend
~ CC_Rider

P.S.
I apologize for being absent for so long but in my profession I'm traveling 8 months out of the year.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:42 am 
Ive crushed and snorted my sub early in treatment because Im not blessed enough to have insurance to make it so I pay pennies a month like you and other people for my suboxone script and did it in order to increase the absorbtion and get more out of my limited meds since I cannot afford to be on the proper dose my doctor prescribes. I guess I must be stupid for doing it back then and using drug/thrill seeking behavior even tho I didnt do it to get high :roll: (since you cant get high on suboxone no matter what route of administration anyway)