It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've been detoxing off Subs since Nov. 2nd of last year. I just couldn't make it past 32mg's of methadone, which I was originally on. I've gone from 24mg's/day to 1.5, taken in 1/2 mg increments, three x's day. All at once in the a.m. or p.m. doesn't work for me, I get too sick. I've been using the "liquid taper" method, which is awesome, but no matter what I eat or drink, I usually can't use the bathroom w/out a laxitive. I've used ALL of them. I don't want to get hooked on stimulants, Miralax causes more gas and bloating than the help I get from it, and food/water does nothing. I know everything to eat and drink, I just want to know peoples' opinions, and maybe hear from someone going through the same thing. I know that buephenorphine is something like 30-40 x's stronger than morphine, but is that still enough to cause the constipation. I have no idea what a dose of morphine would be to cause constipation. I thought by now I would be using Imodium for the runs. I'm nervous that something may be wrong, but don't have ins. just to get my insides looked at if this is somewhat normal. Is this at all normal? BTW, Ive been at 1.5mg's for 9 days, and a couple weeks @2mg's, and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's a good question. From everything I've heard, when people get down to that low dose (some not even as low as you are), their constipation goes away. I honestly don't know if your situation could be from the sub - but I wouldn't think it is. Maybe just talk to your PCP the next time you see her/him? I'm sorry I can't really help.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.