It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My dr has said that if I would like he would switch me from suboxone to subutex because subutex is now available in generic form. Has anyone ever switched and had any weird side effects or anything else bad happen? I have ok insurance pay a $40 copay each month and with the subutex it would only be $8 each month. Has anyone ever switched over?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No, I was going too since I also found out about the generic subutext but I ended up getting on the free suboxone program so I didn't need too. No worries, shouldn't effect you at all. The subutext does not contain naloxone but with suboxone you absord so little of it there isn't a difference. I personally prefer the subutext but that's just me. I've never taken the generic though. The transfer should be seamless!

Good Luck,
Ryan K. Leddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:21 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Brooke,

I switched to the generic Subutex about 2 weeks ago (after about 7 months on Suboxone), and I LOVE IT!!! I too was really worried about the transition, but had no problems at all. Most importantly, I haven’t noticed any difference in the way the medication functions….it works just like the Suboxone. Also, for me at least, it dissolves a lot easier (takes me 10-15 minutes vs. 30 minutes on the Suboxone). I know some people hate the taste, but, to be totally honest, I don’t think it tastes like anything…just like a flavorless powder in my mouth. But, I also really hated the taste of Suboxone (which some people don’t mind), so I think that is probably a matter of personal preference.

When I switched, my doctor called in a week’s supply to begin with so that, if it didn’t work out, I could switch back to the Suboxone….kind of a trial period. Maybe your doctor could do something similar? This might make the transition a little more comfortable for you.

Good luck!!

ENE

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Do you have insurance? Do you happen to know what it costs for 30 of them without insurance? Suboxone runs about 185 for 30 with no insurance. Luckily, I got on a free suboxone program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply's guys . For all the people that hate the suboxone tatse I have found a trick that works perfect! In the morning I have two cups of coffee. On the second cup I place the suboxone under my tounge and continue to sip my hot coffee. The suboxone dizzolves iin a matter of seconds and all you mainly taste in the coffee. So you might try that if your a coffee drinker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Brooke31: I'm not so sure drinking anything while taking your Suboxone is a good idea. In fact, it goes directly against anything that I have ever read about taking this medication. Anything I ever see specifically states not to eat, drink, or smoke anything prior to, or even within approximately 30 minutes after, taking Suboxone. To do so interferes with the absorption of the medication and decreases the amount of medication that actually makes it into your system. If it seems to work for you, that's great, but I'd really hesitate to recommend that anyone try this as it is almost guaranteed to reduce the amount of medication that is absorbed. I'm willing to bet it is decreasing your absorption as well.

Post subject: price for generic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:48 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Mayunholdup,

I do have insurance, but they have this incredibly weird policy where they will cover a 60 day supply of sub every 90 days. Yep…that makes total sense to them….gotta love this industry. Anyway, that means I pay cash about every third month. The price for generic Subutex is about $1.40 per 2mg pill vs. about $4.60 per 2mg pill for the Suboxone at Walgreens (I am in Texas, not sure if that matters). So, this has really helped me contain the cost when I pay cash…I’m really glad my doctor let me switch. :D

E

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just moved from Austin, Texas to Phoenix Arizona. (I Miss Austin!) I take 8 MG Suboxone and an 8MG Suboxone is 6.50 but an 8MG Subutext is almost like 8 Dollars....That doesn't make any sense since Suboxone and Subutext are the same thing except Subtext DOESN'T have the naloxone...So it has one less ingredient yet it costs more...?

The Insurance companies and drug companies...The most backward ass corporations in the world. I'm trying to do the math in my head...they cover a 60 day supply every 90 days...My mind just blew up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

how much is the generic 8 mg subtext cause i would be interested in checkin this out if the subtext was cheaper that 6.19 a pill i am paying for subs. The 6.19 is with a ohio best card to its the best one i have found i had the pharm run a few different cards i had yesterday and the ohio best gave me the best deal although the needy meds card gave me 50 bucks off the first time i got them but the pharm i got them at the price was 180 for 21 to begian wit and the rite aid in my town was 212 for 28 which with the card i ended up paying like 173 which still sucks balls. If generic subtext 2mg cost like 2 bucks would the 8 cost 4 that would be great specially with the card i use would save me a bunch of money

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dave,

I did a price check here in Arizona and for a bottle for thirty of them it was 140, versus what a bottle of suboxone cost which is 200. I have this little card I printed offline which takes about 15 dollars of the price of the subs so Usually pay around 185. Although every state/pharmacy can be different.

I'm on a free suboxone program. I go to my doctor once a month and walk out with sixty pills. If you're interested in getting on the program I could send you a few links and let you know how to do it. It will save you SO much money. It saves me $400 dollars a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was switched 3 months ago from suboxone to subutex....the first couple of days I had some problems but they may have been psychological. So I have now have no problem. My insurance covers the subutex- 1 month supply is $5. Wal-greens has the same price for 2 mg and 8 mg........one month I had to get the 8 mg and cut it in fours becuase I couldn't find it in 2 mg's. This was a pain. I would suggest you continue to get the 2mg. The Dr's. that prescribe paitients subutex will only do so if you have no IV history.....and most do it to help you with cost. I have been told and only my opionion you will be on a little more scrutiny due to people diverting their meds on the street because there is no naloxone in subutex. Donh is right you want to take your sub under your tongue and swish it back and forth and over your teeth and gums.There is a thread on how to take your suboxone plus Dr. J has one on his as well. The key is not to swallow so you get mamiximum absorption......

Post subject: Switching
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I switched over from suboxone and to subutex about 2 months ago because I kept getting these "rashes", that actually turned out to by Hives. It turned out I was allergic to the Naloxone. Which really worried me because of the higher potential abuse that comes from Subutex. Bupe is very strong and the one thing I learned is that I shouldn't of told people of switched. Before no one wanted to buy my suboxone, but once they new I had subutex, it was a different story. Needless to say I will never sell Sub to anyone. Ever. But that was something I didn't expect!

The only different is the "taste". The Suboxone tastes a lot better I think, and the Subutex tabs are harder to break up. I liked the octogon's better..

All in all, no real difference!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes I switched from suboxone to subutex in December because of becoming pregnant. I experienced no withdrawals, nothing weird, nothing different. The only strange thing to me was the orange taste being gone, which I had gotten so used to over the years. So unless you are changing doses I'm sure everything will remain the same. :)

I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And hold it by the hand
And he can greet the world
With arms wide open...

JJL Due 8.14.10 <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've recently switch from suboxone to subutex and have no problems at all. I guess the naxlone was making me sick so I switch it and have been fine with it. I use to get some kind of buzz of burph. I do not anymore. After about 6months its finally just disvoles in my mouth and i dont notice the difference on or off too much. I've had some odd side effects from this chemical but after some deep mediating and switching over, its been better.