It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:23 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi,
I am semi new to the zone although I have been reading the posts for a bout a year now I am having some trouble and a bit of severe anger with others deciding they have a right to question or condem my decisions of suboxone treatment a boyfriend that is in jail for manufacturing methamphetamine to be precise ....... I have been having some other mental issues as it seams as I went to visit at the jail the other day and live with his parents do not drive so we go together all the time well they went in and I was in the car cause my hair tie broke and I said I would be in a minute I was messing with my hair and had been doing so as well as applying make up for what I thought was about thirty minutes or so I kept saying in my head to say something to the gaurds that I was going to wait till they were done then I would go in and visit once they were done I said when they came out u guys did not visit long and looked at me in kind of a disbeleife and said they were in there for two hours and I was kind of shocked so I was setting there the whole time and the guards said they better keep an eye on me that something was up with me insinuating I was on some type of stimulant drug but sure as hell was not but my actions would have said different I am bipolar well was diagnosed as that a long time ago but the suboxone treated me so great I did not have any other symptoms of anything else but about a year or plus later I have these very manic episodes paird with extreme obsessive compulsive behaviors with insomnia and type perception is shot it was explaind to me as a dissacociative behavior from my sub doctor today but now I do not know if the jail will let me come back to visit I guess it looked like that to them but am severly tramatized that I am being perceived to be on drugs help and the prisioner says t is all side effects of suboxone and ther is nothing wrong with me period and I make it all up because I was to get high on suboxone witch we all know is imposible feeling very sad and alone help

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry you're feeling sad and alone, that is a particularly nasty combination. I'm also sorry that you were perceived to be on drugs during your visit, I am sure that's pretty frustrating. Maybe next time you can do your hair and make-up prior to arriving, and go in all together? I know that my old friends who used to do stimulants, would fidget a lot. Perhaps your nerves got the best of you while waiting to see your boyfriend and the guards just assumed "drugs". They see a lot, I am sure. Try not to hold it against them. Also, try to eliminate the need for waiting around and maybe you won't run into that type of situation again. Being nervous and having to wait, doesn't mesh well. I'm really sorry you had such a bad day.

Hang in there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That attitude-- 'you were too high on Suboxone'-- is very frustrating to deal with. People who take the med properly feel nothing, and they KNOW they feel nothing-- and the principles of neurochemistry PREDICT they would feel nothing.... yet people without adequate understanding just buy those sorts of comments.

I worked in prisons for three years; I can tell you that there are cameras everywhere, including the parking lot-- and there are ALWAYS eyes on them. Guards are always on the watch for anything that signals potential problems---- and one common problem is people sneaking drugs into inmates, which then lead to fights and other dangerous situations. So they are basically looking for a chance to say 'no' to someone; they are not sympathetic to people missing each other, and if there is anything odd, they will just block it. So don't take it personally! And take tinydancer's advice.