It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone lived near me and was interested in a "suboxone meet". I've attended na, and my new life requires me to be honest, so my sponsor knew of my suboxone treatment and for some reason she decided to spread that information. Every meeting, she would ask if I was now weaned to a minimal amount, loud enough for others to hear. I really enjoyed the fellowship aside from this, and know I need it, but not only was it humiliating it was too much pressure to taper when I wasn't ready so I quit going. I also feel that suboxone patients have different issues to discuss and bounce off one another, just like this forum, but fellowship would be great also. Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:39 pm 

Hello Pugmommy,
I really hate to here this again where a good subber like you went for help and was betrayed by there honest sponsor and friends.
Im not going to make this a bashing, ive been though it myself two years ago. It is a great place to find new clean friends, a program of Honesty,Openmindedness, and Willingness but thoses of us on Suboxone take it on the chin. Were just not Clean Enough in many of thoses rooms..so, what to do?..

Your on the right track Pugmommy. What you are wanting is needed so much in this country. But how?,where?..

The hard part is getting people like us togather who want to meet first. The disparation of addition fades away for most on bupe, at least in the beginning. We do need other people to talk with, and face to face. Had it not been for this Great forum, Id been alone with my questions and concerns. I have a good dr and the clinic is ok, but there isnt a togatherness on clinic day.

So, what myself and two others did was to talk our drs into giving us a room on monday nights to hold an optional meeting for us to meet and talk and learn from each other. This is what you need to do IF you have a clinic you go to. Otherwise it will be very difficult to know just Who is in the same boat as you. I suppose because of hippa laws your own dr can't just give you names. He or She would need to put a volunteer list in his office with phone numbers for contact.

Someone has to take the lead here, and that person seem to me is You. See what your dr says or clinic. I Know there are others in your area that need face to face meetings other than the Fellowships of 12 step.

We now have three meetings a week. One on monday (open discussion and education ), weds is more 12 steppy) and Saturday (open dis). Many times I use the Users Guide from Dr J as a starting point in discussing all the truths of sub therapy. . .

I wish you much luck, and if you want to PM me feel free. . As for your sponsor, well many of them have zero respect for MAT. and thats to bad for we know it saves lives every single day.

Razor57...Clean Enough..!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:37 pm 

Hey pugmommy I hate this happened to u also! That's exactly what we talk about being treated unfairly at NA...not all of them of course, but a lot.

My clinic has suboxone meetings Monday through Thursday every single week. It's a great way to meet others just like ourselves. I fully encourage u to try to get this going if it's remotely possible. If ur in a clinic, talk to ur Dr and staff about lending a room and letting u put up signs or something to let others know. I guarantee u that it'll catch on. There will be ppl show up. I hope u have success!!!! :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:22 pm 

Pugmommy, I wish I lived nearer to you because I would be happy to support you and have your support for myself as well. I hope that you find some people nearby.

Here is a link to find out if there are any SMART Recovery groups in your area:

http://www.smartrecovery.org/meetings_db/view/

I hope this will help you!

Amy