It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just recieved my paperwork to sign and give back to my dr. I have last years W2 and paperwork from the unemployment office saying I have exhausted my checks. Do I need anything else? From the time the doctor sends in the paperwork, about how long did you have to wait to hear if you were accepted or not? Once I lost my job, I had to move back into my parents house. They're 65 and 75yrs old and only my 75 year old father has income coming from SSI. My mother is layed off also, so income is almost nil. If it takes a long time, I'm gonna need to find a new dr. cause he doesn't do Buprenorphine, (even tho I was told from his nurse that he did). Thinks it's too easy to abuse, even though I've been clean for over 5 years. I can afford bup', but not the name brand Suboxone/Subutex.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

quadracersteve wrote:
I just recieved my paperwork to sign and give back to my dr. I have last years W2 and paperwork from the unemployment office saying I have exhausted my checks. Do I need anything else? From the time the doctor sends in the paperwork, about how long did you have to wait to hear if you were accepted or not? Once I lost my job, I had to move back into my parents house. They're 65 and 75yrs old and only my 75 year old father has income coming from SSI. My mother is layed off also, so income is almost nil. If it takes a long time, I'm gonna need to find a new dr. cause he doesn't do Buprenorphine, (even tho I was told from his nurse that he did). Thinks it's too easy to abuse, even though I've been clean for over 5 years. I can afford bup', but not the name brand Suboxone/Subutex.

Im not sure about the main part of the your question.

But i do got to ask what do you need to get on the ass program if you are not perscribed suboxone by your dr??? what do you take for your recovery from addiction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My bff was on the patient assistance. They approved her pretty quickly, but then she had to wait for them to send the pills to her doctor (that was how they used to do it, you got the pills right from your doctor) and that took a few weeks. But now they just give you a card and you get your pills from the pharmacy.

Have you tried calling the 800 number from the website? Maybe they can tell you? I know your income has to be less than 250% of the federal poverty level.

1 person - $2257/month
2 people - $2429/month
3 peeps - $3052/month

I think as long as you're under the limit, don't have insurance, and your doctor has a free space you should be fine.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:54 pm 
I dont know others experiences but RB is realy jerking me around about the assistance program and its starting to make me feel very depressed because I fit all of the criteria, my doctor had an open spot and I brought in every single piece of paperwork that the doctor and nurse told me to. They faxed it all over 2 months ago and then after a month I went to see my doc again. I said to the nurse "have you heard anything about if I was accepted or declined because I havent gotten anything in the mail yet. She was like "what?? I thought that was taken care of already and you had gotten your Rx card". So she called in and they said they never recieved my wage statement when I watched the nurse fax it a month earlier. So the nurse faxed it all over again and said to me "keep checking your mail everyday and the card will come". Well Ive checked my mail everyday and its been over a month and nothing has shown up. I have an appt in the next few days and I'm going to ask them again if they heard anything but ive pretty much given up at this point its realy frustrating. Maybe I'm being impatient but to be honest I know it does not take a month for something to show up in the mail. If it does come through I will be ecstatic but I realy doubt its going to. Every morning is a big let down when I check my mail already knowing its not going to be in the mailbox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree w/ RB dicking people around. First I thought it was my doctor playing stupid, but I did call RB directly because it says right on their website that if the application doesn't pop up on the screen, that's when to call the 1-800#, which I did. I was told they stopped allowing patients from getting the application a couple years ago, and now, only your dr. can get it, which he did and already signed for me. The telephone conversation went from the RB "operator" telling me my dr. is lazy for wanting me to do all the work, (if I can't do it, well then, my doctor has to, so he's not lazy), to a "let's rip the Democratic party" topic. I finally had to politely hang up on him. I'm so far below the poverty line it's not funny. All these jobs in N.H. are for 6 hrs/week here, 8 hrs/week there. Obviously, no ins. plan. I went to the unemployment office yesterday to get proof that I used up all my checks, got last years W-2, even have the paperwork proving I closed out my 401K. Even if it takes a long time to get the meds (IF approved), that's fine, as long as I know the answer fairly quickly. I just don't have the $ to sit and wait. I'll need to find another dr. who either does have a PAP opening or prescribes Buprenorphine. Right now, Suboxone is wiping out my parents retirement funds. My doc doesn't prescribe bup' cause it's too easy to abuse. I told him to call the methadone clinic I used to go to and ask for all my old drug tests that will prove I haven't touched a thing since starting, (over 5 years clean), so obviously I'm not one who's gonna abuse. I just want to finish my detox, which was nearly impossible on the 'done, and finally be done with it all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I wrote down that I DO have a dr. prescribing Suboxone. I also wrote that I may need to fine a NEW one. And being 5 years clean ain't too shabby, considering I was going through horrible w/drawals for almost 3 YEARS! w/out even thinking about using. I know where that got me. No way in hell am I going through this torture again. I thought my ? was pretty straight foward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

my bad i just saw this and was confused

I'm gonna need to find a new dr. cause he doesn't do Buprenorphine.

i was just wondering what meds he uses for addiction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No problem. My dr. only prescribes Suboxone, and that's if I can get on the PAP. If not, then it's the film for everyone there. My doctor is just starting to switch people over to it. Actually, it's the film for everyone but the 3 people who get the PAP. Unfortunately, the Patient Assist Program doesn't cover the film, just the pill, which I don't mind at all. I understand there is a coupon for the film, but to make a long story short, his (my dr's) nurse told me they DO prescribe buprenorphine when I called to make my appt. All I had to do was let him know about my financial troubles. So I went methadone-free for 3 days, (again, from a methadone clinic), then switched over. When I asked him if he wrote scrips for bup', he said "no, too easy to abuse". That's totally understandable, but he could have asked me to sign over all my old drug tests from the clinic, and he would have found out I was clean fo a long time, (5yrs). And just so people don't get confused about me saying I've been on 'done for 9 years, that would actually be 4 years on methadone the first time, (clean the whole time on it), about 4 months clean after detoxing, then used for about 4 more months, THEN back to the clinic where I've been clean for 5 years. It's the detox that's killing me this time around. Couldn't even go look for a job cause I was sick by 11:00a.m.. If anyones curious as to why I relapsed, you can read the story in the "intro" section. Bad luck or a test from above, you decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 pm 
Hope you get everything figured out with the PAP, its been such a hassle for me. Like you said i dont mind if it takes awhile to get the meds for free I just want to know if Ive been accepted or not and stop with this anxiety. Im asking for the generic bupe on friday I realy hope the doc doesnt get shitty with me over it but who knows maybe he will do it. I think RB jerks people around who want to get on PAP for as long as they can to make sure they can make you keep buying "just one more prescription until the assistance comes through". They got all my info faxed over twice now and all they have to do is drop a fucking card in the mail it is not that hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree. Especially when you had a specific price you were gonna pay, then it almost tripples. And I'm tired of doctors saying, "remember how much $ you were spending on the streets"? I went to prison for the shit I did on and off the streets for my money. Is that what he wants me to go back to? Will he come bail me out if I tell him I was doing the same thing to get $ for Suboxone? Of course not. On a different note, the rep from RB made it seem like they were doing all of us a HUGE favor, mentioning how, on the first year, they got over 70,000 people on the PAP, and they can't afford to pay for free med like they do. PLLLLLEEEEEEEAASSEEE!!!!!!!!!!! That compaly could go into business making UFO's and still turn a profit for the next 50 years, even if they never sold a UFO,lol. SuboxOWNED, I'm not sure where you live, but at least there home-base on the east coast is in New Jersey, so I have NO idea what would be taking so long. Did you happen to make a copy of your paperwork b-4 sending it in, because there is a "DEA" I.D. # on it that may help you if you want to call them directly. My dr. get's my paperwork this coming Tuesday, so I'll be making a copy, then checking in myself if I don't hear anything. It almost sounds like they don't want to do this anymore. Too bad they didn't even do a sliding pay-scale. SOMETHING to help us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am fortunate in that I have a good job and I make a lot of money, so even if I did not have insurance, I would easily be able to afford paying for subxone. I feel really bad for people who come on here and talk about having to pay out of pocket and not being able to afford it. I am very, very fortunate to have not destroyed my career with my addiction.