It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

the ones that are real small and have a 8 on them. they made by HiLand Pharmacon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:51 am 

Sorry, Reaper. I can't find any information on a subutex made by Hiland Pharmacon. Do you have any other description of the pill?

Amy

Post subject: new generic subutex
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

it was made by Midlothian, and they said HiLand took it over.

its small like a roxycodone, with an 8 and an arrow on it, and white

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Hi Tech
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I got them once at RITE AID............they are 8mgs but the size of a 2mg subutex. I found them to be very ineffective and I use the Roxane brand. I know some addicts that snort their subutex and prefer Hi tech becasue it has less fillers in it but even those people say it does not last long so it"s silly if your intent is to snort them. I have found that the Roxane and Teva brand of Subutex is more effective if your looking for recovery. RITE AID will order them for you if necessary they are a bit expensive though..........

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on roxanne buprenorphine for over 5 years since reckitt benkinser lost their patent for subutex and after being on buprenorphine for 8 years of my life I had always wished they would make a smaller pill, I now regret ever wishing that. Last week my dream came true. I went to Rite Aid and as soon as I opened my bottle I immediately thought that they screwed up and gave me 2mg tablets. They assured me that they were 8mg and sent me on my way. My dosing instructions are to take one and a half at a time which is rather hard when you have been used to a pill 5 times the size for the past 8 years. So I called all the local pharmacies and they all told me that the roxanne generics are on back order at the moment. Being an addict I will admit that I ended up cutting myself a week short on these ridiculously small pills because I couldn't manage them like I was accustomed to, which over the past 8 years has never happened before. I called my doctor and told him the circumstances and luckily he was willing to see me a week earlier than scheduled. In order for my insurance to cover medication costs he will have to up my dose which was my hope because these pills may say to have 8mg in them but after 8 years on subutex I can assure you that the dosage is not consistant in each pill. Anyways my appointment is tonight. Wish me luck and feel free to ask any questions you may have about anything regarding what buprenorphine has done for my life over the past 8 years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Reaper,

In NY CVS will order them for you. The pharmacist speaks with the doctor & if this will be a monthly script they order it ahead of time. It's usually a 2 day wait the first script. In my area the doctors won't write subutex for anyone other than a pregnant patient.

Why is that? If someone has real problems with suboxone they should be able to get subutex IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I recommend avoiding the Hi Tech brand generic buprenorphine. I was taking 2mg daily, and I started getting serious adverse effects. I switched back to the Suboxone strips, a few times, and each time the adverse symptoms disappeared with the Suboxone.

My original post is here: http://www.suboxforum.com/one-week-taking-tech-generic-subutex-t7538.html#p102475