It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

ok so iv been on suboxone for a year now and as time goes on i keep getting a higher tolorance. iv heard that st johns wort 600mg before your dose intensifies the agnost effect of buprenorphine by speeding up the process of metabolizing bupe into norbuprenorphine but im worried about risks with it. anyome have any better ideas on how to make my dose last the full 24 hours?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:36 am 
New Poster
New Poster

ok so all of us veteran subbers know that suboxone is very expensive. so here im going to shed some light on how to get the most out of suboxone and i will qoute not by abusing it!!! sublingully with no inhibitors beleive it or not your only actually getting about 30 to 40 percent of the drug into your system because the bioavailibilty or b/a is only 30 to 40 percent. there are a couple ways to up that to around 60 to 70 percent. the way im going to explain is done with grain alcohol. note if you have had trouble with alcohol dependence this way is not for you as it could lead to a indefinate relapse. what you will need is some vodka higher the alcohol content the better what you do is crush you dose if your on the pill form and put it in a bottle cap some with strips just no cutting or tampering nessasary. after you have your desired dose in the bottle cap or spoon which i prefer you add about 2ml of vodka let it disolve compleatly in the spoon let sit for about 10 mins until all one uniform color and consistancy. next you will need a oral syringe you get with infant tylenal or motrin. draw up the solution from the spoon and squirt it under your toungue just a warning this will burn badly for about 1 or 2 mins but its barable and worth it. after that just let it sit like you normally do when taken regularly and swallow it after about 20 mins or so. this should make your dose last alot longer and make it a little stronger too. if your doing this to get high from sub dont try it this is only to extent the half life and able people to take smaller doses to get the same effect. another method is called the vickers method all you have to do is take st johns wort before your daily dose and what that does is speed up the process of metabolizing bupe into norbuprenorphine which has a more agonist feel. hope this helps some of you lower your dose as we all know how expensive this stuff is getting

Post subject: Dosing with alcohol
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm 

Thanks bupeman1990 for explaining that delivery method clearly. What I don't agree with is building up a tolerance to Suboxone over time. I've been on it for 3 years now and it is exactly the same as in the first month after getting stabilized. I can't say for sure but I thought I read that you don't build up a tolerance to it. I'd need to go back and read Dr. Junigs blogs to find out.

And thank you for pointing out the addictive side to doing it. We surely don't want people to read how to abuse their Suboxone here. I am going to research this subject in depth just to be sure.

But that begs another question. Are you experiencing withdrawals or cravings by taking your dose as prescribed? Please explain what you mean by the building up of tolerance on Suboxone. It appears you might have a fast metabolism and it's wearing off too quickly. What dose are you currently on, if you don't mind me asking. And if it isn't lasting the full 24 hours, why don't you tell your doctor and see if he'll bump you up a bit. It just seems like a hassle to me. But that is just me, not you, and not the others here. There is another post going on here about the same subject. Funny, two in one day.

Welcome to our forum and I hope you get a lot of information and support here. It's a great place with great members.

rule

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

There is a post by dr. Junig on his blog suboxone talk zone that explains how to get the most out of your dose by dissolving it and then painting your mouth with it. Getting it on the insides of your cheeks, on the roof of your mouth, and your gums. He says that the more surface area you cover in your mouth the more buprenorphine gets in your system. You should look the post up I believe it's titled "optimizing absorption of buprenorphine"

Hope this helps!

Squeaky

Post subject: Blog
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:52 am 

Thanks SCKS for doing a little research on the subject. I still don't understand the reasoning behind it though. It will surely save a person money if they are paying w/o insurance.

I still need to go look at the blog. Thanks again,

rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

here's a couple of older threads with a WHOLE TON of information on this subject,,,,

I mean, seriously... if it has to do with "max absorption" it's IN one of these threads.....

hope this helps someone.....

"how do you take your suboxone?" (SEVEN Pages)
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=256

"help!! bad results w/max absorption technique"
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1897

"Dr's method for max absorption"
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=590

"what's the best way to take films for maximum absorption???"
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=496

"suboxone dosing, the right way + max effect"
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6669

"alternative ways of taking films"
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3524

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just take my dose after thoroughly washing my mouth, first i brush my gums and teeth with toothpaste then i rinse real good with scope or other mouthwash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

IMO doing things like mixing Suboxone with alcohol to get maximum absorption is in that murky grey area of addictive behaviour. In my using I'd mix my heroin with other drugs - antihistamines, benzos, alcohol etc - to bring out the high. And your method uses syringes, bottle caps / spoons etc, utensils which were a big part of my using ritual. Definitely in my case, using this method to get the most out of my Sub is just too reminiscent of my active addiction and would make it all too easy to fall back and substitute heroin for Suboxone, and put the syringe in my arm instead of my mouth.

I'd be careful doing what you're doing, as creating a "ritual" like that surrounding your Suboxone may in fact be keeping your addiction alive to an extent.