It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

A friend just emailed me about this stuff he is taking, this friend claimed that it was working wonders on their depression and mood he called it "Phenibut" I looked it up on Wiki and her's what it stated.........................................." phenibut or less commonly fenibut or phenybut, is a derivative of the naturally occurring inhibitory neurotransmitter γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA)"............."Phenibut is sold as a dietary supplement in the United States, while in Russia it is sold as a neuropsychotropic drug. It has been reported by some to possess nootropic actions for its ability to improve neurological functions, however other researchers had not previously observed these effects. However, it is generally accepted that phenibut has anxiolytic effects in both animal models and in humans. Phenibut was discovered in the Soviet Union in the 1960s, and has since been used there to treat a wide range of ailments including post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and insomnia.".................My friend also said that people were also taking for energy boost, that it helped people with depression have a bit more energy. I might just try it myself, but wanted to see if anyone else had tried it with any results???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

not familiar with it--- but GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, increased by benzos-- so I would expect benzo-like effects from a med with properties that you described.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

One day ata Time wrote:
A friend just emailed me about this stuff he is taking, this friend claimed that it was working wonders on their depression and mood he called it "Phenibut"

I'm desperate, will try anything, so I just bought some of this, I'll try it and let you know. I need something to lift my mood if possible. I'm 12 days clean and 11 days on suboxone now, the first four or five days were the toughest but it's still an uphill battle hour by hour. I'll let you know if this stuff works.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, it would be interesting to know how it works for you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:36 am 
New Poster
New Poster

dogbone wrote:
One day ata Time wrote:
A friend just emailed me about this stuff he is taking, this friend claimed that it was working wonders on their depression and mood he called it "Phenibut"

I'm desperate, will try anything, so I just bought some of this, I'll try it and let you know. I need something to lift my mood if possible. I'm 12 days clean and 11 days on suboxone now, the first four or five days were the toughest but it's still an uphill battle hour by hour. I'll let you know if this stuff works.

so how'd the phenibut work out?