It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone. Im new here and have been on subs for about 6 months now. I was originally on 6-8mgs and in the past 2 months come down to 2mgs and stayed there pretty steady for the past month. I am having a hard time going below this and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Its like I hit a wall or something at 2mgs. The reason I went on subs was for a hydro and tramadol addiction most recently, but in the past I have been heavily dependant on methadone and oxys.

Just wondering if its me and I need to suck it up, or if this is a common issue with others. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum koka! I also had trouble getting below 2mg of Suboxone, but recently established a taper plan and now I'm moving right along. I was on 24mg of sub for almost 3 years and tapered to 2mg. I tried to jump at that dose a few times and the symptoms sent me right back on it. Once I made my mind up that a taper was right for me with info provided from the forum here, it has actually been not so bad.

I'm down to .75mg right now and tomorrow I will reduce to .50mg and remain there for about 4 days or so. I do have an extra incintive to get off quickly as I recently found out I was expecting my first child. No way do I want to be on subs a day longer than necessary and place any risk whatsoever on the baby.

There are many ways you could gp with a taper plan, and a memeber here, RXFCG has produced a template for cutting and tapering that actually makes lots of sense. I would have definitely used it myself all the way it I had more time to taper. If you google RX Film Cutting Guide you will find it there.

I'm now tapering by .25mg doses which is not for everyone. That's quite a large dose to reduce each time, but I'm willing to put up with some discomfort to get off quickly. Read around the forum and see how others have gotten below the 2mg dose your having problems with. If you have a positive attitude and want it more than anything I personally believe you will experience very little symptoms.

Hope this helps and I wish you the very best. Please continue to update your progress.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the advice. My wife and I are expecting a boy in about 3 weeks! All the more reason to be clean.

Aloha!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:59 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Ive been on 4mgs the passed two yrs. Been having to taper to 2mgs to crumbs been off and on the past few days. I feel your pain.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Can someone contact me to discuss how you went about getting on suboxone? Please email me at my user name.

I edited the content so that the rest of the email address doesn't show. -Amy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:34 pm 

Dmx1744 wrote:
Can someone contact me to discuss how you went about getting on suboxone? Please email me at my user name.

I responded to Dmx and wrote a long email about what to look for in a doctor and a link to do a search. He emailed me back and said that he was looking for a couple of suboxone strips.

So he is not really looking for help finding a doctor, which is what his post made me think.

I'm not banning Dmx at this time, but he is receiving an official warning for trying to use our members to get sub. It's posted very clearly on this site that it is not allowed.

Amy