It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

just wondering if anyone here has a birth story, or plans on giving birth at hutzel hospital in detroit, mi...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I didn't give birth at Hutzel... but I did give birth in south-eastern Michigan. Mysub- doctor works out of Hutzel also... he is a wonderful doctor! I had my baby at a hospital located in Commerce. It is a small-ish hospital. My experience was very positive. From what my doctor told me is Hutzel is trained for situation like those... and another good hospital would be St. Joseph Mercy in Ypsilanti... or the University of Michigan. I have been treated at St. Joseph... they are rather skilled there and have the NICU capacity that a baby going through opiate withdrawal might require.I was there when I was going through transfers between medications. My daughter was born without any issues... kept with me... and I was on the maximum dose of medication. She never required NICU stay and was released in two days. I don't know what your particular concerns might be... I'm just throwing out random information that I think might be helpful! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:16 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

lol i guess i should of read all of the replies before i started answering lol! can you tell im excited to give birth soon lol! thanks for your advice, i think we are talking about the same dr :) and yes he is awesome!!! im not far from commerce, well its about 45 min, im in dearborn hts, yeah i mainly chose hutzel because i was just scared some of the hospitals around here wouldnt know how to deal with it and label me, plus im pretty sure its in my records at these hospitals my past drug use, because i swear whenever i go to them i get treated horrible, when im there for things totally unrelated! anyways thankyou for ur birth story and experience!!! :) i look forward to posting my birth story on here within the next couple days!