It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all,

Well it has been quite the trip for me the last 7 days. When I started the program last Thursday, I was not a happy camper at all... nor was I for the following few days. The last 48 hours have been different though. I FINALLY feel what the miracle of suboxone is! I am happy, content, thrilled with how I now feel.

I went into the clinic last week with extra high expectations and really was not prepared for the fact that not only would my body have to adjust to this new medication but my brain would too. It was in my mind for 4 days straight "if it doesn't work this time, I'm giving up" Which I never did, THANK GOD. At first I felt doped up, out of it, still some feeling of wd's, especially the depression factor and the no energy aspect. I was completely discouraged and frankly was pissed off and felt ripped off by the "so-called miracle pill" Well truth is, it took time and work (theoretically speaking) to become an addict... it's going to take time and work to become sober. First time in a long time that I feel like I really "Didn't give up" I feel like I just passed the finish line in a race to be honest.
Because I live in Canada, I can only dose once a day, so I changed my dosing time from late morning to very early morning and what a difference! I think by late morning I was already starting withdrawals which didn't allow the subs to kick in properly. Also because I am on a low dose (4mg), it has to work extra hard to saturate my receptors. I do have a fast metabolism, so it doesn't work for the 37 hours, as it does for some, but it's good enough for me!
I am so happy now to feel the subs, not literally but the relief, the comfort blanket that it seems to be for me.

For others who feel like throwing in the towel the first week or even two weeks, please stick it out. Unless it is causing you harm of course...... but from someone who is there now and was there 7 days ago, please remember that your brain... the addict side of your brain will still mess with you for a while. Then all of a sudden it's like your brain says "OH, This is the way it's going to be now" and then it envelopes the change, just the way it did with your DOC. Trust me. I am the worst person on earth in terms of giving advice, but this, I believe in 100% and other than my children and me being their mother, there is nothing that I would 100% on, ever.

Thanks for reading and hugs to those who read my rants and disappointments for the first few days! You were all right and I appreciate the support you have all shown me. Thank you again and again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay! I am glad that you didn't give up and are now dping well. I am not at all telling you what to do but wanted to let you know that going up to 6mg would most likely solve your issues. Now that you are adjusted you should not feel the increase from 4mg to 6mg and it will keep your receptors saturated so you won't have any symptoms in the morning. Taking the dose just at the level of saturation will cause you to have UPS and downs to where being comfortably above will keep a nice even level of sub. Of course this is your recovery and you need to do what's best for you, this is just a bit of advice.

You are doing great, keep up the good attitude and hard work and you will be fine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Breezy!
I'm pretty happy with these results on the 4mg, but will br trying the 6 again on Friday, just so that I can rest my mind that at least I gave it another shot when I am feeling better. If it turns out not to be ideal, well, at least I know how well 4 works for me. Most of the issues in the beginning was severe anxiety due to withdrawals, which prevented me from "allowing" the subs to work there majic.
Thanks again for all your support, it has literally kept me going with all the positive feedback between you and hat maker.
Cheers!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so glad you waited it out and are now feeling the rewards. YAY YOU! It's good that you feel well at 4 mg, but I'm glad you're trying 6 again. Dr. J recommends being maintained at ABOVE the ceiling so that there are ZERO ups and downs and to KEEP your receptors saturated. Your once daily dosing should easily hold you for one day or more. You should even be able to miss a dose or be late with a dose and shouldn't really notice it. The 37 hour half life is the average (mean) - so it actually ranges from about 24-72 hours. Also the 6 mg should better block other opiates.

Let us know how you feel with the 6 mg. But if you do better on 4 mg, then of course we're right here behind you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.