It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just happened to notice while cutting a strip...little "dots"...
Amusing to me at first..I thought to myself "I guess the molecules of buprenorphine swelled up a bit"..
But, being curious..I gotta ask...what the heck is this??

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:42 pm 

That is a good question. I wonder if anyone but the manufacturer would know that. I suppose it could be sent off to a lab.

Your question may have some real life implications for people who are using the films to taper. Say those dots are concentrated areas of buprenorphine. Then the taperers would need to focus on making sure they had the same number of dots in each piece. Tricky.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sure you know that molecules are far too small to be seen with the naked eye, or even with a microscope. Whatever we are seeing. it is not on the molecular level. I don't know if the strip was just removed from packaging, or if the package has been exposed to moisture-- but it looks to me like the strip has been 'infected' with mold. Or maybe the spots are just from collections of moisture.

Reckitt makes no promises about the distribution of buprenorphine in Suboxone 'film'. They don't say, for example, that you can get an accurate fraction of a dose by cutting a dose into specific fractions. 8 mg film contains 8 mg of buprenorphine and 2 mg of naloxone---- and that's all they claim.

I have no idea how the film is made.... but I assume there is a process where a thin layer of drug and carrier is extruded, dried, cut, and packaged. Those spots, at irregular intervals, do not appear to be part of the intended design of the product. Maybe you could go to the RB or Indivior web site, and ask the what it is?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Doc,

freshly opened sub film. I'm noticing the dots on all of them.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:15 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Bupe would most likely be made in an alcohol based liquid and dried in a sheet and the dots are the Naloxone/narcan sprayed on the sheet before it is cut up. I have seen 1 big glob before and that got me wondering about it too.
Bottom line, the Bupe should be consistent in the film. Just my opinion.
Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It would make more sense for the naloxone and buprenorphine to be a part of the same solution before being impregnated onto the film?

That being said I by no means have insider information.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:23 pm 

I've definitely noticed the dots ur talking about and sometimes they are bigger than normal. I have no idea what the dots are or could be, but I too wondered about it before. One of subs little mysteries I guess :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, I have noticed these before too. They are kind of gross....especially if it really is mold or something. Of course I have a weird issue with texture and little round wart/hive looking shapes. I used to push my fork down into my French toast and these little mushy roundish things would pop up and I remember that it bothered me. Of course, sometimes I think I have high-functioning autism.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am 
New Poster
New Poster

:?: I was on the strips and i wondered the same thing. Ive seen some weird stuff on those films. A few times it had lines on it like the color was running out like when the recept needs to be changed.
I have had side effects from the strips too. O sometimes they are old and are brittle with cracks.
Back to side effects. I transitioned over to the generic bup and it's much better. I heard the strips are 30% stronger and maybe its due to the difference between brand name to generic? I do know it took a week to get used to. I did have to up my dose. I had some strips left so i cut them and took a third of one with my regular dose.
Now I'm going into a program to become normal again. I'm sick of being dependent on big pharma and doc's and appts. I've been off the dope for years now. It's time for the next step.
But there should be an independant test done on those strips. I think theres something up with them.
Not only that but every one is numbered and packed. I never liked that. Its like a pharma bag of dope bagged up all nice. You can see I'm sick of it. O and the strips mess with teeth. Long term use o ya.
Even the doc said it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:28 pm 

How else would the strips be distributed without being in a package? I've never heard anyone say it bothers them that the strips are numbered and packaged.....not taking away from ur opinion, but I've just never heard that. Ya know something that bothers me on fb (and I literally deactivated my account last yr) is these stupid memes and quotes about suboxone being just the government's way of legal drug dealing. I cringe when I see or hear it. This is a safe peaceful place for us on suboxone to stay positive and help each other.

I've been on suboxone for almost 5 yrs and taking the strips the entire time. My teeth are fine and I have zero problems with my strips coming in a package that's numbered lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok, I been on suboxone 8 Years! And I can say my teeth are better then befor I started suboxone!suboxone does not cause tooth decay! Not brushing your teeth does! And smoking does! But not suboxone! I just quit smoking as well, a month smoke free thinks to vaping! As long as you take care of your teeth you won't need to blame a product.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:08 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Va540area wrote:
Ok, I been on suboxone 8 Years! And I can say my teeth are better then befor I started suboxone!suboxone does not cause tooth decay! Not brushing your teeth does! And smoking does! But not suboxone! I just quit smoking as well, a month smoke free thinks to vaping! As long as you take care of your teeth you won't need to blame a product.

what was your process for switching to vaping. i'm trying that as well. i was going good with vaping. i didn't even get the liquid with nicotine in it. but then i had a very stressful week and i feel like i'm going backwards!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mtbakervapor.com is good for juice. I really like Honey Berries and Demon Energy and Hooch.
VapeWild are also good but sweeter. If you've got a real sweet tooth go for them.

If you've just quit smoking I reckon 12mg/ml nicotine juice is good. It is really easy to reduce nicotine intake with vaping by tapering juice strength, so maybe buy some 10's and 8's as well. 30ml bottles are best to try different flavours.

Go for 50/50 PG/VG if you've just quit smoking. That way you still get that throat hit.

As for the vapes themselves, there are SO many options. But if you're a beginner, go a starter kit. Brands like Kanger, Joyetech, SMOK have a good reputation. Don't forget to buy extra coils to keep them going.

I don't bother buying really expensive vape kits these days, for the same reason I don't buy good sunglasses. They get dropped, they get lost. I'm happy with my Joyetech Ego One.

I'm down to 3mg nicotine, next week I go to zero-nico juice! Then I'll be vape free (again).

If you need any more info DM me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:58 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I currently have an ecto 650. which is the cheapest kit. i have vaped before but at 40 years old this is the first time i've been a full time smoker. i didn't think it would be this hard to stop! i really hate the fruity liquids. i have 12ml grape leftover from a few years ago. recently i bought a latte flavored one which i love and just recently i got fire and ice, which tastes like cinnamon on the hit and mint on the exhale. its pretty awesome. i put in a drop or 2 of the grape sometimes just because it has nicotine. but i still keep stealing my s.o.'s cigs. they're right there. i just can stop with the cigarettes, i hate them and they give me a headache. just mad at myself.